[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day trading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1462388725084.jpg (85KB, 512x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1462388725084.jpg
85KB, 512x1211px
Anyone make money just daytrading only the big boys (ETH & BTC)?

For example, ETH dropped to $160 today and immidiately pumped back to $190. I should have bought and sold.
>>
>>2189060
I make most of my money here day-trading ETH.

I've figured out that that's just what works best for me. So I follow ETH and nothing but ETH all day and it's been working out really well.
>>
>>2189108
How much % do you make by weeks?
>>
day trading is exhausting

I'd rather just buy the dips and go to sleep and wake up in lambo land
>>
>>2189060
I want to get into algotrading. Literally free money.
>>
>>2189155
I would also like to know how to set something like this up. I assume you need the right software to execute trades in crypto markets.
>>
>>2189108
Yep this is pretty much me. Every now and again I put $50 into a shitcoin that gets shilled here, go to sleep and wake up to $200. But it's easier to just daytrade ETH, and will get even easier.

I have 65 ETH that I can daytrade with. Take today as an example. I sold 20 at $183, then bought back in at $172. Made 1.2 eth approximately. That's about $200. Took less than 10 minutes and that was me sorted for the day. My plan for now is to just slowly accumulate like this in preparation for when Ethereum hits over $1000 and fluctuations of $50 each day are perfectly normal, much like it is with bitcoin. I plan to have 100 ETH by then so selling even 35 at $1100, then buying back in at $1080 a few minutes later is a $700 gain when the price recovers. And that's a conservative figure, I could potentially sell all 100 at $1100, then buy back in at $1050 on a good day- that's $5000 in a single day. But going by the more conservative figure, $700 a day 300 days a year is $210,000. Pretty good money for very little work (granted, those 10 minutes are quite high stress).
>>
>>2189243

>ETH
>over 1000

Kek, literally N E V E R
>>
>>2189243
I've been looking to find a singular coin to day trade along with a single shitcoin while letting my other stocks simmer.

Any tips and tricks to flipping and flopping ETH? Currently holding 6.45
>>
>>2189243
also, ever fuck up an estimation of ETH and lose on your sell?
>>
>>2189214

You'd need coinbase or whatever you're using to not go down every time the price moves by more than $10.
>>
>>2189401
That is the main problem in day trading cryptos. The execution platforms suck donkey dick.

Algorithmic trading only really works with stocks, options, futures, etc. (At least for now)

But by the time crypto exchanges and platforms become normal and reliable, it won't be as profitable to day trade and pump and dump because its more efficient a la the stock market.
>>
I went from from 2.7k to 5.2k in three days and that's with a bunch of alt coins I'm currently holding down.

There is so much new money and panic selling that it's been pretty easy to day trade.
>>
>>2189303
>newbie that came from r9k yesterday that owns $20 worth of bitcoin thinks he knows more than a crypto veteran of 4 years holding 65 ETH and thousands of dollars worth of ethereum assets

w/e kiddo

>>2189314
It's important to keep in mind that daytrading is glorified gambling, but there are a few techniques that work very well. I'll tell you the one I stick to that's worked most of the time for me. See pic, it's a formation from earlier today where I sold. Look at the third red candlestick after the last green one. That's usually where I would sell because it's very common for it to be followed by a string of long red candlesticks. I avoid selling when it's still going up, it's much safer to jump on board the downward trend and hope it keeps going down.

But don't get greedy, in those 10 minutes where I made 1.2, I actually lost 0.2 at one point. I sold at $183 and a few seconds later a sell order at $155 went through, the price rebounded to about $175 immediately and I put in a buy for $170. It almost hit $170 but went back up to $185 out of nowhere. I panicked and bought back in. Then it settled, I looked at the graph and noticed it was actually just returning to the average downward trend and sold at $183. This time I wasn't greedy and set a buy for $172.
>>
>>2189060
I just bought bitcoin today. What platform do you guys use to day trade
>>
>>2189571
For Ethereum use Bitfinex or GDAX. When Bitstamp starts trading Ethereum sometime in the next month, they're also a good one to use.
>>
>>2189553
I think this is the type of crypto I need, something to keep a constant eye over while my boring coins grow in the background. I've been burnt here and there chasing FOMOs and the predictability of ETH looks enticing.
>>
>>2189553
What's the process of predicting your sell orders? Is it a personal rule never to panic sell at a loss?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.