[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about delays in purchase/selling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1462426252971.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1462426252971.gif
408KB, 500x345px
For any exchange, if you buy at t=0 and x=$100, then let's say the deposit doesn't finish until t=5 and x=$120, does that mean you end up paying $100 or $120? Same for selling, if I sell at t=10 when x=$200, but then at t=15 it finishes and x=$50, did I get out in time or did I lose a lot?
>>
Wow
>>
this is the shit, the fucking shit that's about to start happening because of fucking retarded "normies"

what a fucking retard
>>
>>2176485
you should leave.
>>
>>2176524
>>2176536
Yes I'm a normie, give me the answer so I can give you guys my money after the moon falls
>>
bump, please help me, tell me where you're holding bags and I'll buy them from you
>>
File: da3.png (362KB, 540x582px) Image search: [Google]
da3.png
362KB, 540x582px
How could the market possibly function if the price depended on the time of receipt?

I'm so ANGRY
>>
>>2176684
I dunno, maybe they'd be like "Hey we finished processing but sux 2 b u, it went down over that time, you get less". Long-term, who cares about a couple days?
>>
>>
>>2176684
>>2176737
Any ways, thanks guys, gonna put ten gorillion down on MOON right now :^)
>>
>>2176628
Bids and Asks. When you place a buy order you add to the pool of bids for a specific price. Wheb you place a sell order you add to the supply of Asks at a given price. When there is both a bid and an ask of the same price and exchange automatically takes place. If not the orders must wait in the pool for a suitable mate. The quoted price is just the average derrived from the spot where bids and asks keep annihilating most frequently and quickly. You can buy for 0.001usd if someone sells for that much and you can sell for 999999999.99usd if somebody buys it for that much. But usually that area of conflict will have to move to those reigons naturally first. Meaning that he price moves up when more are willing to buy at a certain price than sell, and the buyers make a compromise by increasing their bids just a little bit; pushing the reigon of exchange slightly higher. Vice versa for a lowering price. You orders only ever execute at the price you specify.
>>
>>2176775
Awesome, I get it now, thanks man
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.