[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on wallets? im still confused about wallets? where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1495657011105.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495657011105.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
redpill me on wallets?

im still confused about wallets?

where are they stored?

if i just generate one from a website where is it stored? where are paper wallets stored? are they safe?

what's the best and safest way to store a wallet?
>>
>>2174998
Paper wallets are the safest thing ever, they exist solely in the blockchain
>>
>>2175013
so if i use bitcoinwalletaddressgenerator.com to generate an adress and write it down, thats the safest way and no one can hack the wallet?
>>
File: 1495114300807.png (825KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495114300807.png
825KB, 700x700px
A "wallet" is a basic node that allows you to conduct transaction on a P2P decentralized computer networks.

The money isn't "stored" on your wallet per se, rather your wallet is a terminal that allows you to make changes to the blockchain ledger in conjunction with all other nodes. You're basically just changing numbers in a data file, nothing is "moved" between computers.
>>
>>2175035

>>2175038
>>
>>2175038

Is my wallet my key pair to the transaction entry on the blockchain file?

My money is the entry on the blockchain file, but my wallet address is not the has of that entry on the blockchain that is my actual money entry.... So the wallet is a completely arbitrary address? I really just don't get it.
>>
do I pay fees if I transfer from paper wallet to an online wallet?
>>
I keep mine in my left front pocket or in my top nightstand drawer.
Got it at Barney's.
It's pretty safe since it's like a foot from a loaded handgun at all times.
>>
>>2174998
I backed up my digibyte wallet about a week ago, and when I restored the backup I was missing 100k digibyte (from receive addresses created after the backup). This means I have to backup my wallet every time I create a new transaction/receive address?
>>
>>2175139
what do you mean backup each time? its the same string of numbers and letters isn't it?
>>
>>2174998
Wallets are software. Addresses are public keys derived from your private key, which can be generated on a webpage, or by a wallet. A wallet is used to sign transactions using a private key. You do NOT share your private key or store it or transmit it in plain text. Private keys are essentially ownership of funds. You lose that, you lose control of your funds.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.