[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Kennesaw University worth debt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: College-is-a-Scam.jpg (58KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
College-is-a-Scam.jpg
58KB, 450x600px
(1/2) My parents through borrowing from extended family just barely managed to finance my first two years of college education.

Now my dad says for a third he's willing to go into debt, and now my mom wants to college to be a nurse all of a sudden.

The most obvious answer in my mind is fuck all this shit. Me and mom need to quit aspirations of going back to college. A mother needs to raise her other much younger children.

The temptation for me to avoid basic common fucking sense, is that my first year of college was:

ON-campus at a no-name school
>basic bitch required courses like Political Science, English, and Swimming Class.
>nothing of value to my major
>met based black dude who taught me how to pick up women. My mind fully blown
>>
>>2170221
(2/2) Year 2: OFF-campus at a no-name school that supposedly costs the same as previous (I have not looked at these numbers myself, since mommy and daddy paid for it, and I'm not the mature well-disciplined adult I was supposed to be at age 22)
>basic bitch required courses mixed with
>legitimate technical classes.

The thing about it is alot of the quizes were online, and I was a Linux /g/tard so I just wanted to jerk off about how cool my /g/ knowledge was. And since ironically the MOST IMPORTANT CLASSES are taught online in a way that's FAR EASIER TO CHEAT THEN ANY BS REQUIRED COURSE, guess what I fucking did? I told myself "I'll just learn this shit later. All I need right now is that magic piece of paper."

After an interview with a small company where the manager complete BTFO'd me by asking me basic questions I was too fucking stupid to answer, I now fully and properly realize the error of my ways, and if I went back to college I would definitely focus actually network-related school work, instead of jerking off to /g/ garbage. I have taken several productivity steps such as host-blocking all the sites that are able to waste my time by counting them "learning about the world" like a /g/ and Cracked lists that I always excused as "expanding my mind about the world around me."

There's more knowledge in the universe then anyone person can ever hope to know, so I'm now aware of my need to avoid "learning" bullshit "extracurricular" things on /g/ that don't fucking matter.

Should faggot OP continue college?
https://strawpoll.com/sd9eryd
>>
>>2170221
I'm just trying to make sure I have it all set in my head. If it sounds like I omitted something, that completely changes your answer on this, let me know.
>>
>>2170704
What will you do if you drop out?
>>
College on /biz/ is a controversial subject.
It's almost unanimous that going to school for a STEM degree is worth it, but having any other degree is a gray area right now.
Half say:
>its at least $20k if not more for no guarantee of a job. Horrible investment
Other half say:
>companies throw out any applications with no degree on them

You must decide yourself OP
>>
>>2170905
The OP would be better off in an entry-level position and then attempt to move into a college degree when he sees the outline of how his career should look.
>>
If you decide to go to college make sure you take courses that give you a valuable skill if your major doesn't.

Are you good at languages? A minor in a second or third language can be awesome for a resume.

Good with numbers? Employers love people that can do statistics.

In the end getting a job is all about marketing yourself. What skills can you bring to the table?
>>
>>2170221
Waste of time. Waste of money. Plus at this rate, they'll probably just force-feed tons of pro-Marxist, liberal bullshit down your throat as required academia classes, even going as far as making you write essays on that shit.

I'd rather sit in minimum-security prison completely bored out of my ass for 4-6 years.
>>
well what do you find interest anon? do like blocks? cars? filosifee? food? just B yourself
>>
>>2170962
>Waste of time. Waste of money. Plus at this rate, they'll probably just force-feed tons of pro-Marxist, liberal bullshit down your throat as required academia classes, even going as far as making you write essays on that shit.
Nah. That required course shit is behind me.
>>
>>2170828
Study networking personally and/or give up and become a truckerfag. It seems to still be reasonably paying job until automation eliminates it which won't be for atleast 5 years, (in my personal not-super-informed hunch).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.