[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you have $10,000 to spend on a mining rig. Which algorithm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: odreamteam.png (795KB, 913x705px) Image search: [Google]
odreamteam.png
795KB, 913x705px
Say you have $10,000 to spend on a mining rig.

Which algorithm do you mine in and do you get an ASIC or GPU rig? I'm looking to break even in 2 months.
>>
seems like rx 470/480s are gud?
>>
>>2166261
Apparently I could reasonably get around 750Mh/s with 480s.
>>
>>2165971
1070s. Low power. Decent hash rates. Easier to find then 480s.

A Biostar tb250-btc and a shit ton of risers. Even has an M.2 drive.

A decent quad-core because I would want to run a home storage off of it.

along with that, a shit ton of 3tb hdd and rent the storage out for sia or other coins that are like it for additional profits.

Do that twice and enjoy a little cash cow.
>>
>>2166315
If I ran I NAS I could get approximately 80TB of storage and the NAS itself for about 4 grand. Do you know how much that'd pay in Sia/Storj?
>>
>>2165971
Between mining and storage coins, what's the ROI on a rig like this?
>>
>>2166650
I'd be operating at 750MH/S (Scrypt) and have 60TB of storage space with the $10,000 rig I just tossed together. I don't know what the ROI would be.

Mining Ethereum (which might not be the most profitable GPU mining coin but whatever) according to the eitherscan mining calculator would net me $5,600 a month if I didn't worry about storage and made a fat array of 45 GPUs.
>>
>>2167008

Net meaning you subtracted the electric bill for that constant 75 amps, plus cooling? You're going to spend a bit installing the wiring for that, if it's not already installed. Do you live in a factory?
>>
>>2167008
How many gpus are you using?
>>
>>2167173
>>2167163
Dorm.
>>
>>2167173
>>2167398
45, not 30.
>>
>>2167405
You'd have to use at least 4 different outlets all on different circuits to run it, and if a janitor plugged in a vacuum to one of the circuits it would pop the breaker, and your power does crazy things and maybe burns your $10000 rig.
Source: I'm a janitor at a college.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.