[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PERSONAL REFLECTIONS ON SICK GAINZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 547.jpg (26KB, 541x376px) Image search: [Google]
547.jpg
26KB, 541x376px
I notice that as gains come rolling in daily, my investment mindset is shifting. This has been the general sequence to date:

1. euphoria, cant believe i "made it", feel like a genius
2. goes up more, very happy, start daydreaming about quitting my job
3. goes up more, pretty satisfied, calculate gains daily in USD, notice disproportionate disappointment when a tick brings the prices down a tiny amount
4. goes up more, dont calculate my gains anymore, not even that excited

whats happening to me?
>>
>>2135408

Your brain is trying to control your expectations; It's also worried about the possibilty of all this being too good to be true. I know because I feel the same way.
>>
>>2135427
so logically, what is the best thing to do? hodl? I worry these are the kind of symptoms that caused people to sell bitcoin during crashes in the early days.

They grew up with an idea of what was "a lot" of money (based on their parents income), and when they could sell for that amount, they did and missed out on riches that they could not have imagined.
>>
File: 0-nhrLJ2YHXqpWaDIH.png (19KB, 533x419px) Image search: [Google]
0-nhrLJ2YHXqpWaDIH.png
19KB, 533x419px
>>2135408
Hedonic treadmill
>>
>>2135492

Diversify fool; That's what I plan to do. When you make enough; Invest roughly half in other, more tangible assets. Maybe even start a business. Invest in the stock market. Leave a large percentage in crypto so you can keep earning.
>>
>>2135492
You need to have a set point where if it drops below that you lock in profits. Otherwise you may hold it all the way down hoping it gets back to a point it will never reach. If you're too afraid of missing out, take half out at a certain point.
>>
>>2135408
Every altcoin "investor" who made some gains feels like they are oh so smart. Like they are smarter than everyone else. except they are not. its a fucking bubble.
>>
>>2136035
/nocoin/
>>
>>2136052
it's true though. I made $30,000 thanks to /biz/ but i feel like i am dumb as shit because I lost bigger chances and i would have been on $100,000 if I wasn't so weak handed and such
>>
Charity helps bring happiness.

I am a poor many who wants to trade shitcoins but can't due to Gemini taking 90 years to clear ACH transfers.

Help a dude out with $50?

12G7MHZFV3ncHdfAwMmgSCahvYgqDM2H7j
>>
>>2135500
/thread
>>
I'm just more worried about losing it all now, I mean think about it every time you make money it comes from some group of losers

gotta lose sometime - and bad probably. What's to say I'm really that smart and not just another gambling scrub within a huge bubble of gambling scrubs.

It's also not enough yet, I've more than doubled my money but I'm going to need to quadruple my initial investment to climb out of my debt hole. Even then I'll probably find myself back in it, will I really want to cash out there? or just keep investing and investing in the hopes to make enough to live comfortably.
>>
>>2136108
Take out what you initially invested.

if you lose it all, no worries desu, think of it as a dream.

Create debt marker milestones. Every time you reach one, take out more and put it into fiat.

It'll take longer to compound, but it's less risky.
>>
Money is only virtual until you spend some
I'm quite frugal but I plan to hire a quality hooker as a reward (like 1% of my gains)
>>
>>2135876
>move from ponzi to ponzi
Just buy a land in the woods and cultivate your own food and weed.
Stop taking people's money
>>
>>2135408

If you want to make the game more interesting, start trying to cash out your gains.
>>
File: xapo_debit_card_1250px.jpg (123KB, 1250x653px) Image search: [Google]
xapo_debit_card_1250px.jpg
123KB, 1250x653px
Get a Bitcoin debit card so you can spend your gains
Buy groceries, gas, ...

I suggest the Xapo cards because it converts BTC to fiat on the fly, not in advance
It's the closest you can get to using BTC in retail stores
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.