[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So where is the best place to buy BTC in the UK? I read about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 338b0d_6201278.jpg (209KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
338b0d_6201278.jpg
209KB, 1400x788px
So where is the best place to buy BTC in the UK?

I read about Coinbase and it seems that many people claim to have issues converting their coins back into fiat and getting paid. Is this true?
>>
Also, would it be a good idea to open a new current account just for crypto?
>>
I've been wondering this too OP.
I've also heard that some people have had their bank accounts shut down for purchasing bitcoin.

I've been thinking about opening an account with a different bank just for doing crypto so if it does get closed then at least I still have my 'real' bank account untouched.
>>
>>2112128

Does anyone know of the UK banks that are friendly to BTC transactions? I mean for both deposits and withdrawals.
>>
>>2112180

I'm not aware of any UK friendly banks. Reading around so far I've heard to just try and avoid putting any reference to bitcoin in any transactions but I think that's easier said than done.

Sorry I can't offer much advice, I'm in the same boat as you, I'm afraid.
>>
I just buy using bittylicious. direct bank transfer, you pay a little more than market value but it's just a "transfer" when you're selling through them it's also a "transfer" just like giving money to a friend.
>>
>>2112065
I used localbitcoins. Just go with a big seller which will be slightly more expensive than current price but more reliable. From there transfer to polo to buy alts pr move to a wallet (I used Jaxx) to store
>>
why are you worrying about buying fiat with btc when you want to buy btc? coinbase is fine. i use it a lot and i'm in the uk
>>
fuck bittylicious. Expensive at usually around 8% higher than exchange price. They also steal a small amount when its transfer the coins to you.
>>
>>2112194

Yeah that's understandable. Any significant amount coming in will get flagged though I fear.

>>2112229
>>2112248
>>2112249

Buying doesn't seem to be as much of a problem as selling. Banks in the UK seem to take a very anti-BTC stance and will refuse withdrawals and close accounts if they suspect you're involved with BTC. Why would I want to take part in a moon mission if I can't get any of my funds out to use?
>>
>>2112282
who cares about the costs if you're expecting profit regardless? buy 1 btc for 1500 and then complain about £11
or w/e it's cost. 2 days later said BTC is worth 1600
>>
File: jk6DCdd.jpg (58KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
jk6DCdd.jpg
58KB, 650x842px
What's the best for converting back to fiat? I hear Coinbase bans people for doing it too much or doing too large a transfer.

I have about 2 BTC worth that I want to turn back to fiat but don't know where I can do it and not have to worry about someone freezing my coins. Fees aren't that big a deal to me if I can just get my money.
>>
>>2112321

But how do you get that 1600 back?

Hypothetically speaking before anyone says hodl. If banks refuse withdrawals and exchanges get pissy with larger amounts, then what?
>>
>>2112065
localbitcoins. i used to use bittylicious until i learned the prices are higher there.
>>
The whole coinbase not letting you cash out into fiat is a meme. Don't even know how it started. I use Coinbase and Gemini but those are in US, dunno if they work for UK.
>>
>>2112444
what about the debit card from bitstamp? does that run through your own back account or directly through bitstamp/visa? if all else failed I'd just split what I had across 3 or 4 exchanges and just cash all of it out in smaller amounts
>>
My Dad called Halifax bank and they didn't have a problem with coinbase or bitcoins. But I would suggest adding your bank details to coinbase rather than using debit or credit card.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.