[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monero fan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: best_shitcoin1.jpg (891KB, 1800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
best_shitcoin1.jpg
891KB, 1800x3000px
Does anyone else feel that Monero is undervalued at the moment?

It serves a pretty useful purpose, offering privacy for a one of the largest and most stable demographics of cryptocurrency users that aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future: dark net market customers & vendors.
>>
Yes, Monero is undervalued. There is just too much competition at the moment, and people aren't trading based on value, it's just hype at the moment.
>>
>>2100638
There's a lot of coins offering anonymous transactions
>Monero
>Zcash
>Ethereum (when zk-SNARK is implemented)
>Dash
>Pivx
Not counting numerous zcash and dash forks
>>
File: Screenshot_20170518-180817.png (159KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170518-180817.png
159KB, 1080x1920px
Yes, I like monero, miner passing through...
>>
File: monero-5-678x381.jpg (27KB, 678x381px) Image search: [Google]
monero-5-678x381.jpg
27KB, 678x381px
>>2100638
Monero is understood by many to be one of the few actual realistic long term holds in the crypto world...

People hype up coins like DGB, RDD, SIA e.t.c but everyone knows that when they have made their profit, they will either convert to BTC then Fiat or covert to their longterm bitcoin alternative hold...

Mine is Monero, because:

-It is THE safest coin in terms of privacy
-It has a ridiculously good community and developers
-The "guiding members" (the people who the community turn to the most for guidance and decisions) Fully understand that this is an open source project and go to extra lengths to ensure it is kept that way and never governed by groups or forced in any certain direction.
-It has a great distribution of coins through the user-base due to the steady increase over time.
-It has never, at any point looked under pressure of failing or falling
-It is also obviously so undervalued at this moment in time that it is breathtaking.

They main reason many people agree on why it is undervalued is because... well... Monero is kinda boring...

It integrates the stuff that works, it doesn't speculate on integrating theoretical concepts that might or might not work, it develops the coin in ways to steadily improve it, not drastic changes in attempts to drive up prices or chase market caps of "rival" coins.

Remember, Monero has NO budget in place for funding marketing, like all of the other coins around it, Monero gains investment by word of mouth, from the community and people seeking Monero's usecase... PRIVACY.

>Inb4 Monero pedo coin

Just because people prefer to keep their privacy over their own personal spending habits, does not infer that they are using a privacy centred coin for malevolent purposes... In this era, where our personal privacy is being increasingly invaded on a ever increasing scale, especially online, our privacy should become one of our key priorities to ensure we dont fall prey to whoever is watching!

tl,dr

Buy Monero
>>
>>2100638

Definitely, but I won't jump on until the price starts to increase. Too much value in just following the hype at the moment.
>>
>>2100699
>I haven't looked into any of these coins besides bullet point breakdowns

Zcash is unauditable and built on the trust you have of a company not creating infinite money for nothing

Dash is bitcoin + coin join. It is easier to use though, so kudos for that.

Pivx is dash minus the instamine

Ether isn't a currency. It'd be like buying oil and bartering.

Plus all those coins don't have privacy on by default. If you actually want your money kept and transacted privately, you're creating red flags for investigation using anything but xmr
>>
>>2101750
Comments and dispels on all coins listed

Except for Monero
>>
>>2100638
>It serves a pretty useful purpose, offering privacy for a one of the largest and most stable demographics of cryptocurrency users that aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future: dark net market customers & vendors.
Does it really?
As in: Do any of those you listed actually use it?
I don't have any clue about those markets. I just remember the news about silk road and such, and how they are shut down.
Personally, I don't have any use for it, besides speculation, but I would be interested in a long term hold with real world uses.
>>
I don't think the general public values privacy just yet. Once bitcoin or other non-private coins become mainstream and user info becomes a target, the need for privacy will become very clear
>>
>>2101798
Coming from a privacy standpoint, it's the only one that I trust after reading up on all those coins. Take that bias as you will, but it's the only legit choice atm
>>
>>2101816
Personally used it many times, not even for illegal stuff - fuck you can buy Yeezies on AlphaBay with Monero if you want, that's not illegal

People use it and more and more sellers prefer to deal in XMR than an all time high BTC and I do not blame them

It just is worth more for them in the long run
>>
>>2101816
My bad, I just looked it up and it seems that only the most popular DNM allows vendors to accept Monero as payment so it's definitely not WIDELY used at the moment.

I would imagine some vendors would find monero useful when they decide to cash out; the fees are generally cheaper than tumblers from what I've read, obscuring monero transactions is more reliable for multiple reasons from what I can understand, and it's relatively accessible.

BTC -> XMR -> $$
or
BTC -> XMR -> BTC -> $$
>>
>>2101825
The general public will never care about their privacy. Their user info is a target now but they keep using the same methods and let corporations sell it off. It's 2017 and people are still falling for phishing scams despite being warned for over 20 years. I'm convinced that most people just need to be herded and the people herding them don't care about their privacy.

That being said, coins like Monero still have a big market and more room to grow. I'm just not expecting the general public to use it unless they were forced to by default.
>>
>Does anyone else feel that Monero is undervalued at the moment?
yes, it looks solid for long term
>>
Expecting it to dip quite a bit soon, it looks good though
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.