[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeowner/Real Estate general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3321.jpg (328KB, 1024x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3321.jpg
328KB, 1024x661px
All questions and discussions about homeownership and real estate welcome

who /homeowner/ here
>>
>>2089234
A strange advice I recently got is that it is worth extending your mortgage instead of paying it off, because it's usually the best loan you'll ever get, and you can do whatever you want with the money. Meaning you can invest it into something good. I don't sympathise with this idea btw because I hate loans, but coming from a richfag it made me think.
>>
>>2089234
I'm in the process of buying my first house. Kinda shit though as iv finally got into crypto and can Only afford to Invest £4K, if id put my deposit into it I would have an extra £5k after only starting last week
>>
>buying a house
>pay 600 to for a inspection
>page of shit wrong with it
>homeowner refuses to fix or drop down price
>>
Hey /biz/. I bought a house, no mortgage and it is paid off. I'm done with my current job and I am joining the Chair Force in december. The house was a piece of shit, so I got it at a good price. Then I tore it down and completely rebuilt it. Problem is, I'm not a contractor so there are bound to be a few things not to code. However it is a fantastic house now. Am I going to run into trouble trying to sell this thing, or rent it out?
>>
>>2089234
too much stress and work. in addition to the declining prices and rising property taxes all over western world
>>
>>2089809

This.

Only way I would buy a home is if the housing market crashes. Then the money is too good to pass up the deal.

Otherwise it's a lot of work for little payoff
>>
>>2089726

Contractorfag here.

Unless the contractor was some random who gave you way too good of a deal. Then you are usually safe. If the work looks great then chances are it was built great too.

When selling if you can't see it, then no problem. All an inspector does is look around.
>>
>>2090107
I did all of the work myself. I didn't change any electrical, only really tore down walls and put them back up, tore up floor up new one.

I live in SC, I don't know if that changes anything.

But your input is very helpful. Everything LOOKS great.
>>
>>2089668
Home inspections always have a page of Shit wrong, if its just cosmetic let it be, if its a serious issue have it negotiated.
T. Realtor
>>
>>2090252
The banks might get pissy if they notice, causing an issue with potential buyers, I'd just get someone out there to see if everything is within code, it most likely is.
>>
I own my home outright, am planning on selling next year
>>
>>2091869
Selling and buying something else, renting, or moms basement?
>>
>>2089234

Real estate is shit and a hassle.

The only time I invest in real estate is when I let professionals manage it, through an REIT.
>>
>>2089668
Same exact thing happened to me last week.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.