[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why couldn't Japan recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: nikkei.png (279KB, 4672x1800px) Image search: [Google]
nikkei.png
279KB, 4672x1800px
Their stock market has practically been stuck in a 30 year bear market.
>>
They lost WWII to America which has them in a stranglehold. They have to accept feminism and that damned military base in Okinawa etc. That's what happens when you lose a war to the Jews.
>>
File: pepe thinking.jpg (43KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe thinking.jpg
43KB, 599x600px
>>2087940
>WWII happened in 1990
>>
>>2087911
Some lucky motherfucker who sold at the top is just sitting back looking at this chart and thinking "holy fuck I pulled it off."
>>
They were playing catchup with innovation, spending little on R&D as opposed to Western nations. They've finally caught up around the peak, and seeing as how they now longer can borrow existing technology, they dumped more money into R&D.
>>
>>2087911
They're stuck in a liquidity trap. The whole country is too autistic to do anything about it. Honestly, the whole thing is standard Japanese history. New order comes in, things go ok for a while, things turn to shit, revolution/ridiculous change in cultural values happens, new order comes in, repeat. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised Nobunaga Hirotachi, descendant of Nobunaga Oda, hasn't risen to unite the country against the foreign powers that treat it as servant.
>>
>>2088011
>I'm kind of surprised Nobunaga Hirotachi, descendant of Nobunaga Oda, hasn't risen to unite the country against the foreign powers that treat it as servant.

I'm not. Why pick a fight with a country that has already demonstrated they will nuke you?
>>
>>2088158
And people can't wrap their heads around why NK acts the way it does.
>>
>>2087911
>30 year bear market
You're only saying this because you're comparing current market levels to the 1990 market top. That's not the definition of a bear market.

In fact, Japan has experienced pretty much the same bull markets that the U.S. has in the last twelve years, along with the same disruption in 2008.
>>
>>2088011
>hasn't risen to unite the country against the foreign powers
He probably knows he's bound to just get stabbed by some Akechi Mitsuhide type.
>>
>>2087911
Here you go anon. A documentary explaining Japan's financial and banking history that started after WW2. I watched it a few months ago and it was pretty good:

https://youtu.be/D7DwlQFtQjE
>>
File: TotalReturns1871.png (18KB, 483x413px) Image search: [Google]
TotalReturns1871.png
18KB, 483x413px
>>2087911
In the 1990s, the average return on equity for the Nikkei was around four per cent, and in the second half of that decade and into the early years of this one it fell below two per cent. (In the U.S., the average R.O.E. is closer to eleven to twelve per cent.)

Over the long term, it's hard for a stock to earn a much better return that the business which underlies it earns. If the business earns four percent on capital over thirty years and you hold it for that thirty years, you're not going to make much different than a four percent return - even if you originally buy it at a huge discount. Conversely, if a business earns eleven percent on capital over twenty or thirty years, even if you pay an expensive looking price, you'll end up with one hell of a result.
>>
>>2087940
>America
>not helping enormously to rebuild Japan and make it the prosperous democracy it now is
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.