[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"making it" feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: what's in the box.png (878KB, 938x654px) Image search: [Google]
what's in the box.png
878KB, 938x654px
>sell old house for net profit
>buy new house for 100k below market value
>still get buyer's remorse

Can't get to the top without feeling some feels, I guess.
>>
>>2085627

I've inherited a house valued at 1.2 million, but it's been in my family since the 1800's - should I sell it? Will I get hit with some turbo remorse afterwards?
>>
give us some tips for buying below market value

here in bongistan the market is so strong that piles of shit at auction are selling at all time highs for their streets. got 150k cash but i cant find jack shit with enough profit potential.
>>
File: 1481060908694.jpg (25KB, 418x475px) Image search: [Google]
1481060908694.jpg
25KB, 418x475px
>make 75k / year after tax (worst case)
>pay 35k / year for house
>wake up in the middle of the night worrying if I can make ends meet on more than 3 fucking thousand per month after tax and housing

Either I'm an idiot, or there's something fucky going on with my hormones at night.
>>
>>2085642
OP here, I bought my old and new house under market value.

Look for houses that have been on the market for a long time (almost 2 years). More than likely it's because the sellers are old/weird and have strange/outdated interior designs or some other dumb shit that normies can't look past.
Look beyond that for actual assets of the houses (surface, structural quality, south-facing yard, ...), pick a winner, and then lowball them.

There's luck involved though.
For the new place, the realtor's contract was about to expire the week after, so they were motivated to help negotiate a good price for me.
Days after we signed for the new house, the seller was contacted by both a potential buyer (rich dude) and the realtor who was about to take over the following week.

My first house still had the original interior from the 60s, and dilapidated furniture to match, but the structure was sound.

My new house is a true gem in every sense of the word, but lacks roof insulation. This is an easy fix, but normies can't look past the seemingly shitty "energy performance" figure that's posted on the online listing.
>>
>>2085636
What income do you have or what are you studying?

You inherited this house all for yourself? You sure?

Pic and/or description of the house?
>>
>>2085688

>What income do you have or what are you studying?

I'm studying Interior Architecture at UNSW.

>You inherited this house all for yourself? You sure?

Yeah, I'm positive. I'm an only child, and my father has explicitly willed all his assets to me.

>Pic and/or description of the house?

It's a 3 bedroom house in the Inner West of Sydney (Newtown, to be exact). It's heritage-listed, having been built in the 1836, so it can't be demolished by any private or public body under state law. It's also very well kept, because my dad was a massive clean freak. He would enter the garden in local competitions every year, which he won for something like consecutive decades (I could probably find proof in the local newspaper if I had a quick look).

Sorry if my post was rushed, I'm phone posting on public transport right now.
>>
>>2085772
i definitely wouldn't sell it.

maybe you could get some kind of equity loan on it to free up some cash? or you could rent out part of it.
>>
>>2085772
I'm going through some (largely unfounded) financial worries right now due to the irrational buyer's remorse I'm having, so right now I'd tell you to take the money and run.

However, this current state of mind is going to pass, and once it does you once again start to value the more meaningful things in life, like history and heritage.

Personally, there is no more beautiful house in the world than the one built by my grandfather (where my dad now lives), so overall I'd probably advise you to try and keep it.

If your future job means you can't take care of upkeep, then it's probably best to sell it anyway.
Seeing the house fall apart around you might turn out to be worse than the regret you'll have from selling it.
>>
>>2085627
I've had $10,000 parked in a savings account and $16,000 in cash for the past 2 years fearing a crash. If it had been in the stock market, I wouldn't have a mortgage right now.

>>2085645
>wake up in the middle of the night worrying

I used to not give a single fuck, but now I find myself waking up and worrying every night too. Gutters, IRS, unfinished requests from friends ...
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 320x128px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 320x128px
>>2085772

Found an article about the local garden competition thing. It's from 2009, so it's had a lot of work put into it since. My Dad painted a mural (it's beautiful, but kinda embarrassing) of me and my childhood dog on the back wall, which I'm not really sure what to do with.
>>
>>2085829
>I used to not give a single fuck, but now I find myself waking up and worrying every night too. Gutters, IRS, unfinished requests from friends ...

A lot of the time, these nightly worries are pretty insignificant when I think about them during the day.

It probably has something to do with hormone levels or brain activity or something like that. I just remind myself of this fact when it happens.
>>
>>2085772
If you'd actually live there or don't need the money in the next 5-10 years, keep it. Otherwise sell it before the housing bubble here bursts
>>
>>2085832
Did you inherit anything valuable other than the house?

Because it sounds to me like this is a place worth trying to keep.
>>
>>2085861

I've also inherited a cottage in the Blue Mountains (an area like 2 hours NW of Sydney) and a beachside apartment in Bondi (you probably know the area by reputation). I think I'm gonna sell or rent out both anyway.
>>
>>2085880
I'm European, so I have no idea if it's better to rent or sell those, but it does sound like that'll free up some liquidity for you. If not make you filthy rich.

And I'm sorry for your loss anon.

Lost my grandmom recently who raised me, and it was only after she died that I realized how worried she was about my financial future.
It's because of her passing that I'm focusing on getting my shit together and truly making something of myself.
>>
>>2085880
play your cards right and you're already semi-retired.

Congrats dude.
>>
>>2085904

Thanks Anon.

Those last two properties were purchased towards the end of his life, so they weren't much more to him than investments. I wouldn't feel bad about selling those straight away. The house in Newtown is close to my heart though, so I think I'll just live in it.

>>2085905

I don't really want to become a real estate mogul or anything, because almost everyone I've spoken to says it's just a massive hassle. I think I'll consult an investment manager to hear my options, but beyond that I'm happy with what I've got right now. I turned 18 in late March of this year, so it's not like I'm in a rush to do anything impressive with my life.
>>
>>2085951
Life is a hassle. If it's a marketable area, put it on AirBNB and make more, then do fuck all with your life instead of being chained to a desk being a wagecuck.
>>
>>2085962
Gotta do something all day.
>>
>>2085772
don't sell, you basically have life on easy mode from now on
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.