[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worthless Major; Want to unfuck myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1489532628912.jpg (417KB, 1519x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489532628912.jpg
417KB, 1519x1080px
>majored in polisci
>applied to a few "real" jobs
>realized its not worth it
>settled for 16/hr wagecuckery in retail
>want to get a "real job"
>mulling programming bootcamp

is it worth it guys? are there any 2 year programs with good job security that i can do? I just want a respectable job where i can feel dignified and make 40kish
>>
>>2069854
Do a masters in something useful.
>>
>>2069861
thats more debt for a dubious outcome. if i did a masters in something useful i don't have the foundation (CS, accounting, etc)
>>
>>2069870
Yes you do. Poli sci folks who go to grad school and bust their asses focusing on econometrics & statistics can wind up with great jobs as policy analysts.
>>
>>2069870
You could do finance if you have some math
>>
Poli Sci is a good undergrad major to transition to Law School from my understanding. Did you not think about why you were choosing the major that you chose? Did you ever stop to think about what you wanted to get out of college? I realize that its probably too late for you now but c'mon nigga. Use your brain. Life is like a game of chess, you must think first, before you move.

The college meme is getting out of hand in this country. Most degrees are verified worthless outside of science, medicine, and mathematics. You learn nothing outside of these disciplines that you cannot self-teach if you even have just a standard IQ.
>>
>>2069901
yea i know. i grew up in an upper-middle class environment with a dad who majored in english and graduated from a TTT law school. shit was handed to me. i just wanna do it right this time
>>
>>2069901
law school seems risky given the money and the lack of big law jobs. i think i could do well in law school; as its my wheelhouse
>>
>>2069901
>You learn nothing outside of these disciplines that you cannot self-teach if you even have just a standard IQ.

How can you expect to get a job that asks for a degree and instead you say "I'm self-taught!"
>>
>>2069927
and what job would that be that asks for a degree outside of science, medicine, and mathematics?
>>
>>2069927
slight correction: I know that many professional type jobs have a base requisite of a bachelor's degree just to get in the door.

Aside, from trying to avoid those kind of limited vision enterprises, for many, it is difficult. However, if that is your only option that you can think of, you should still put some sort of thought into the degree you are probably paying a large amount of money for.
>>
>>2069854
>I just want a respectable job where i can feel dignified

God this is really hilarious

>>2069901
>c'mon nigga. Use your brain. Life is like a game of chess, you must think first, before you move.

This.

What do you actually want to do with your life OP? Are you happy? These are more important questions, IMO. If you're happy you can make your next move confidently and things have a much higher chance of success. On the other hand, a job and money will never make you happy in and of themselves.
>>
I am currently doing politics and international relations bachelor. 2nd year. Wtf are you doing, I've already had decent jobs over the summers, worked for a respectable business with a massive turnover as a market researcher. About to start my summer job in a couple of days, at the government in the foreign affairs ministry, economic/trade department. The pay is shit of course, but if you nail down a gov job after you graduate the pay is insane and the benefits are nice, and the jobs are easy, everyone who works at the government is lazy and gets shit for free. Either get a job in the government or do a masters in Law/Econ.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.