[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GI BILL: should I go to school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: post-9-11-gi-bill.jpg (148KB, 2289x582px) Image search: [Google]
post-9-11-gi-bill.jpg
148KB, 2289x582px
US Military vet here.

I joined the military so I wouldn't have to go to school. But I got hurt and medically retired ($1,550/month disability). I now work as a part-time security guard ($1,700/month).

If I go to school full time the VA will pay me $2,565/month tax free on top of paying my tuition and books.

But I always hated school. I always sucked academically and socially. And I've since become aware of what (((they))) want to shove down students' throats.

I have 6 years left to use the GI Bill.

What do, /biz/?

I'm in Los Angeles, California, btw.
>>
>>2069505
I would say do it for sure
>>
Does GI Bill cover trade school? Because if so that would be a good idea, assuming you're not permanently injured. If not, I would still go to a 4 year uni.
>>
File: 1419378132760.jpg (167KB, 676x673px) Image search: [Google]
1419378132760.jpg
167KB, 676x673px
>>2069505
If you have to ask whether you should take free money and a golden ticket, you don't deserve it. Enjoy $10/hr for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 1312165657450.jpg (141KB, 480x600px)
1312165657450.jpg
141KB, 480x600px
>>2069505
>(((they)))
I admire your conviction, retardanon. Stand by your principles- don't go to college for those stinkin joos! Don't buy a house or a car or anything! Just live on the street, you, your trusty 9mm, and your dog Mr. Swallows. People will give you some pocket change and one day you might find a lawn chair! And at the end of the day when you blow your stupid brains out with your 9 and Mr. Swallows is eating your scrawny carcass you can rest easy knowing you really stuck it to those jews!
>>
>>2069526
>Marxist Jews spouting in lecture halls is a golden ticket

WEW.

>>2069524
Yes but I don't know what trade to chose. Preferably one that wetbacks or automation will not take over.
>>
>>2069533
Well I would say mechanic, electrician, something along those lines. Pretty good pay and stability. But whatever you feel the most comfortable with would work.
>>
>>2069533
>Marxist Jews spouting in lecture halls is a golden ticket
Being such a coward that you don't want to get into debates with Marxist jews and troll them like Milo.

Must have been a jarhead.
>>
>>2069505
You should definitely use the GI bill regardless of what you want to study. If you don't use it you are rejecting money you earned. If you have to do it on the cheap just get a couple of associate degrees from a community college until you use up all the benefits. I would do accounting tech as one of the degrees in case you want to start a business. You wouldn't need to hire someone to do accounting stuff.
>>
>>2069505
How did you get hurt?
>>
Yes, go back.

Start off by taking some classes in something that interests you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.