[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two Noob Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1494447905052.jpg (127KB, 605x810px) Image search: [Google]
1494447905052.jpg
127KB, 605x810px
>how exactly does the selling process work? Who and how would I sell something like LTC or ETH?

also

>Why do portfolio diversifications have such high bitcoin ratios such as 40%+?
>Is that because you could use the increased value to buy more altcoins?

Two questions have been on my mind lately, been trying to suck up as much of an understanding on crypto trading as possible before I jump in.
>>
>>2068800
Bitcoin is by far the least risky crypto to hold in spite of its alleged "bubble" status. It's the index fund of cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>2068812
Neato. Could I get a summary of index funds and maybe forex for that matter? I hear of as the "normal" type of investing that you make returns off of when you're older.
>>
>>2068800
Convert it to btc ltc or eth, send it to Coinbase, fiat out
>>
>>2068800
selling works like anything. Go on an exchange, list it and if someone wants it they will by it
>>
>>2068843
Is coinbase the buyer in this market? Could you elaborate on the whole seller/buyer transaction process?
That's never really explained in detail amidst the board.
>>
>>2068824
An index fund is basically a mix of some big stocks, often the S&P 500 companies. Because it's essentially an average, if a single company skyrockets or plummets, you're not effected very much, and you just follow the steady gains of the market.

Bitcoin is similar, it's a safe and dependable coin that follows (or leads) the entire market's gains. It's for safe and steady earnings rather than risky moonshots. At least, it's safe relative to the other altcoins.

No idea about forex.
>>
Might as well add this question:

I hear that BTC alongside some other larger altcoins are dropping lately.

>When would be the best time to buy in?

>What price should I be looking for?
>>
Bumping my kickass thread
>>
>>2068923
BTC is a pretty safe buy whenever it's lower than it was for the past couple of days. It and Eth are the only cryptos where you can be sure a decline is a dip rather than a crash, meaning they'll rise back up after you buy them.

The rest is basically a crapshoot, but it's generally a bad idea to buy some random coin as it's skyrocketing.
>>
>>2068995
How far do you think BTC and ETH are going to drop before coming back up? I, of course, would like to maximize my purchasing power?
>>
>>2068995
Also, if it's not wise to base buys off a climbing coin, what should I be looking for in movement patterns to discern whether or not it is worth buying?
>>
Humpin bumps like camel lumps nigguh
>>
File: snrub.jpg (38KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
snrub.jpg
38KB, 250x249px
>>2068843
how does that work exactly in regards to tax.

Like if I put down 1K in cash to Stellar in January and now its x10 so i'd have 10K, could I just convert that into sat/BTC and then cash out untaxed (only adding it to my total income for the year)?
>>
>>2069009
>time in the market is better than timing the market
Now is a descent time to enter the btc game. If you don't feel like it is the perfect time, just put a little bit in.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.