[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Offer Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Phantasm_NK.jpg (261KB, 670x881px) Image search: [Google]
Phantasm_NK.jpg
261KB, 670x881px
Got a job offer, one of the conditions is that I have a degree.

I applied to graduate through school academic advisor, they said I was good to go, left it alone.

Get job offer, background check goes fine, then they try to verify my degree, they say they can't find my transcript from school.

I contact school, they say the program changed after I applied to graduate and I now need to take two new FIRST YEAR economics classes in order to graduate.

I start new job on monday, do I tell employer that my school screwed me over and I need to take 2 classes and ask if I can work while I take the two classes at night to complete degree. Chances are they will terminate my contract one way or another.

How do I save this job /biz/?

FREE CRYPTOS FOR GOOD RESPONSES
>>
This seems like a real boner of a situation. The only advice I have (keep in mind I DO NOT have a law degree) is that you could maybe try to sue the university.

If you have earned the degree then I can't image there wouldn't be some legal violation by them rescending that. Otherwise, I would say just explain the situation to your employer and hope they let you take the classes
>>
File: 73974908.jpg (27KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
73974908.jpg
27KB, 407x405px
Take the classes online for some other university and tell your college you should have credit for the classes. or just sue them because you went to a meme economics school (aka Trump University)
>>
>>2064909
That's bullshit. They added courses//requirements to my degree and I didn't have to do them. When you started the program they promised you a degree in 4 years. No way they can do this unless it's a reall shady school. Also your boss isn't gonna believe you
>>
>>2064970
This is true, your boss probably won't believe you. Try to get some documentation from the school, like an email where they explicitly state the situation ( assuming you don't sue them to oblivion)
>>
>>2064909
My question would be what proof do they have that you didn't just fail two classes?
>>
>>2064909
Don't tell your job. Tell them because you literally just graduated it hasn't been processed yet. It generally takes a couple months to process anyway. I just graduated in December, official date is January and I actually got my degree in March. I had a job lined up that started in January and they tried to verify my degree but couldn't
>>
>>2065010
Also take those classes ASAP. see if you can take them during the summer at night. A friend of a friend had kinda the same situation as you and is currently getting away with it
>>
>>2064952
good luck with that. Universities are really good at screwing people. Im sure a bunch of stuck up rich kids' parents have tried that in the past and I doubt anything came of it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.