[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto bubble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: bubble.jpg (62KB, 1123x563px) Image search: [Google]
bubble.jpg
62KB, 1123x563px
While everyone on /biz/ is partying and looking for the next coin to pump to make gains, this is the chart that concerns me. A double in the market cap in just 2 weeks.

Whoever made the gains will exit but how long will the party last? The thing that points towards the crypto market being a bubble is that its main use at this moment is pumping and dumping which is not sustainable and will leave many with short term losses.
The long term argument is that people are migrating from fiat to crypto as they see it as a wealth preservation vehicle like e-gold.

For how long will this fast flow of money last, because sooner or later the tide may turn.
>>
>>2063300
Someday it will turn. but 50 billion is relatively low amount of money. It may blow at 1 trillion tho. And there are no derivatives in crypto world which makes it more stable than traditional financial markets. Ofc volatility in crypto is higher, but if financial markets experienced 20% drop in market cap in ine week everything would blow the fuck out. So just enjoy riding the crypto train
>>
Commodities always do well in times of uncertainty because people want to preserve their wealth. People can start withdrawing Bitcoin if good times roll around when their assets are doing nothing. We are deep into a bull market for the past 9 years so cryptos can still do well when the next bear market comes.
>>
>>2063330
If it ever reaches that cap, that would mean that the debt bubble has popped, the fed starting bombing the markets with fiat to revive them meaning that the traditional monetary system has ended. That day is coming, too.
>>
>Whoever made the gains
Person A buys 10000 bitcoins at the price of 1000$ a bitcoin.
The price for one bitcoins rises because the demand suddenly rose while the supply stayed the same.
Now Person B sees the recent rise and buys in as well because Person B thinks it will go even higher from now on. More Persons follow.
Some Persons sell, because they want to make a profit. Mostly people who have been holding for longer periods of time.

>Whoever made the gains will exit
So basically everyone who needs money as soon as possible or someone who is daytrading coins. So nothing out of the order.

Bitcoin is rising because people lose more and more hope in traditional ways of currencies, and because the majority of people dream of becoming rich one day.

There isn't anything magical about this like you make it sound
>>
File: 2a6.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
2a6.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>2063330

This.

Talk of a bubbles in crypto is somewhat of a half true statement.

Crypto is not stocks, crypto is not derivatives. Crypto is limited supply currencies with nascent demand, more people that wish to have crypto = higher value.

There is a lot more distribution now than before, plus value proposition is real. Don't worry OP, you won't be getting cheap crypto any time soon.
>>
>>2063300

People call things bubbles but there are no criteria for describing anything as such until after the fact.

Its verbal diarrhea, all of it. Nobody has any fucking clue where it will go or why, and technicals (charts) are fucking bullshit

This market runs on guts. If you have them buy in, if you don't, puke out your BTC so someone can buy them
>>
>>2063353
keep in mind this isn't just the u.s. it's the whole world. i don't think $1trillion worldwide is unsustainable at all.
how much money is tied up in any one of the stock markets around the globe?
crypto isn't anywhere near it's zenith; in a few years total market cap could easily be between $2-$3 trillion crypto.
we can all be multimillionaire NEETs if we ride this baby out.
>>
File: 1491419518408.gif (33KB, 202x202px) Image search: [Google]
1491419518408.gif
33KB, 202x202px
>>2063441

Hopefully we can have some corrections to shakeout all the weak hands like OP along the way.
>>
>>2063356
basically, ponzi.
>>
surprisingly high number of replies i agree with in this thread, im impressed
>>
Crypto is attractive right now because it's a high risk, high payoff asset that hasn't had a major hiccup for some time. This shit COULD all come crashing down, but not because people aren't willing to hold the stuff. The catalyst will be exchanges engaging in shit that regulations keep typical banks from doing.

For example, there's nothing really saying that Coinbase has to keep 100% of their crypto on hand. In fact, they most of it in "cold storage" to keep it "safe", which is all well and good, but if they sell more bitcoins than they own because people keep xx% in their Coinbase account, they could eventually collapse if a run on them occurs. The whole thing could be functioning like a giant Ponzi scheme. It all really depends on how ACTUALLY regulated the exchanges are.
>>
>>2063300
This is a global market not just a US market. Think about Venezuela, Syria, north Korea, China, Greece, etc. Lots of people need a safe haven for their wealth. I don't even think the US has really touched this market yet. You'll know when that happens. Market cap will be in the 100s of billions.
>>
>>2063300
Apple, a single company has a market cap of $800 billion.

The entire cryptocurrency market cap is only $54 billion.
>>
>>2063441
>>2063469

I guess I should have read the whole thread... Basically what I was trying to say
>>
>>2063456

Coinbase seems to have a lot of issues. Wouldn't be surprised to seem them come crashing down.

I feel bad for those with accounts on there and their investors. Over $100 million has been given to coinbase and they can't properly take care of their issues. The owners clearly ran off with those investing dollars instead of building coinbase to be a properly run exchange business.
>>
>>2063477
Will coinbase shitting the bed affect gdax as well?
>>
>>2063485

gdax is owned by coinbase (gdax used to be known as the coinbase exchange) so yeah..
>>
>>2063448
Looking at 4-5 years period, big drops in crypto market cap could happen if:
1) Major exchange goes down with all coins.
2) Financial market crisis happens.
3)WW3

After about 4 years we will have better picture if blockchain can deliver their promises. And people will act accordingly.
>>
>>2063501
>WW3
I feel like cryptocurrencies profit from the world burning
>>
>>2063511
this, NEET with cryptobux will literally fap when they heard WW3 is coming
>>
File: 1419127681267s.jpg (7KB, 220x249px) Image search: [Google]
1419127681267s.jpg
7KB, 220x249px
>>2063511
>mfw crypto is useless after an EMP blast
>>
>>2063537
So are fiat currencies
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.