[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>tfw

you are a poor student with 120eth in a forgotten wallet, currently earning 15usd/h
>>
heh, that wallet could have been worth millions one day

too bad op, guess its wagecucking for the rest of your life then
>>
>>2062402
This is a life lesson. Don't give up. The crypto space including Bitcoin is still in it's infancy. Buy a hardware wallet next time and be extra careful.
>>
>>2062402
How can you forget a wallet? Don't you have the wallet downloaded?
>>
>>2062402
This is why storing it on Kraken is the safest option.
>>
What does 'forgetting a wallet' entail, and what're they comprised of? Private and public key, and an address? Or just keys?

I don't think crypto will hit mainstream fully unless issues like this are solved 100%. There should be no risk of *ever* losing funds no matter how dumb you are.
>>
>>2062488
KEK
>>
>>2062492
Normally setting up a wallet entails generating a seed that contains 12 or 24 random words. You have to either remember them in their exact order or write them down and store them somewhere safe. If something happens to your wallet you can rebuild it through the seed since that is what contains your private key(s).
>>
>>2062492
This is why banks is a thing in the first place, a safe place to store your cash
>>
>>2062497
I see. So is 'losing a wallet' the first issue here, and forgetting the seed a separate issue? Or is the seed the wallet, in this case?

>>2062554
Funny when people redevelop something from the ground up to simplify it but gradually converge on the complex solution that was previously in place
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>2062554
>allowing banks to lend 90% of your hard earned cash and make billions in the process

good goy
>>
>>2062579
The term wallet is actually stupid because a wallet holds your money. This doesn't hold you money. It holds the keys to your safe deposit boxes so it's more like a key chain than a wallet.

Most user friendly wallets have the seed option implemented because it's simpler to remember/write down some words than it is to do the same with long lines of random letters and numbers.
>>
>>2062582
The fuck do you think is happening on crypto exchanges?
>>
>>2062615
>keeping large sums of coins on crypto exchanges

Enjoy your generous contributions to the honeypot whenever it gets DDOSed and/or Hacked.
>>
>>2062473
This 100%
I gave up in 2014, after the Pandacoin incident on here, and if I stayed I would have many thousands, if not tens of thousands
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.