[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I entering a pyramid scheme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: logo2017.png (22KB, 987x389px) Image search: [Google]
logo2017.png
22KB, 987x389px
Hey fellas, first time posting, here goes:

Yesterday a colleague sends me a text asking me to see her and show me a great job opportunity. I'm less then 2 weeks from unemployment so I happily accepted.

Getting there she introduces to a much more experienced employee of the company who introduces me to the whole business model, which he called
>Multi-level marketing

Instantly I thought "huh that's a pyramid scheme", but then he went over on how the business is legit, with several factories and franchises, winner of loads of awards and shit.

In short, you CAN sell their products, or you can just chillax and tell loads of friends to join through you and get some income from every sale they make/products they buy. Or both.

Obviously the people at the top are already filthy rich, the guy who presented me the business made R$ 1.300,00 in his first month and he's only been there for 2 months.

Is this the perfect way out of being a wagecuck or am I being cucked? Company is pic related
>>
>>2060528
Is this bait? Everything you just described could be out of a textbook about pyramid schemes.
>>
Pyramid scheme mate
>>
>>2060528
In exactly the same boat OP. I'm of two minds: it seems a lot of work for a little gain but people one level above me seem have really flexible working lifestyle (but that took years to build up)
I felt like a shmuck when I signed up but there are benefits and if its products/services you use why not make a little money back.
>>
>>2060558
But from what I read so far it's only a pyramid scheme if you ONLY earn money from getting people to join in. Here you could do both, so I'm confused.

Also, forgot to put on the original post:

What should I ask to confirm wheter or not it's a pyramid scheme?
>>
File: 1494270501042.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
1494270501042.png
32KB, 688x578px
>>2060565
rule number one of pyramid schemes: if they have to tell you it's not a pyramid scheme, then it's definitely a pyramid scheme
>>
>>2060562
They sell only a few stuff, and from that I only use shampoo, perfume (tho almost never) and toothpaste.

How are you doing now? Earning a lot?
>>
>>2060528
>multi-level marketing

get out asap tardlet
>>
>>2060625
I haven't even entered yet, I'm still asking info from all possible sources. I wanna hear actual arguments for it to be a pyramid scheme rather than just "yep it's a pyramid scheme alright" and nothing else.
>>
>>2060528
every MLM is a pyramid scheme without exception. You have a 99% chance of losing money
>>
Why would a guy that's "filthy rich" from doing this be talking to you directly, knowing goddamn well doing so would be a waste of his time if you aren't the new bottom slat of a pyramid?
>>
>>2060565
Multi level marketing isn't literally a pyramid scheme but it's really close to that, basically if you have more incentives to persuade people to sell stuff than you have to sell stuff directly, it's shit: the first person in your area put all his friends into it, then they put their friends etc, in the end you have a fuck load of sellers but nobody sell anything and the only guy who makes money is the first one.
Although I've never heard of grupohinode I know a lot of people who got scammed by ACN that way, I've been to one of their presentations it looks awfully close to what you described
>>
>>2060640
Whatever dude, you can keep selling your energy drinks or tupperware then..
>>
>>2060640
I've got a job just for you! How would you like to sell some Vector cutlery?
>>
i was in Kyani. A global MLM

The products are good and they work, but fuck they're expensive.

I signed up 3 sellers below me, started making some decent coin, but then they kept getting told no from their friends and family. Which shut them down.

It feels like a scam hard selling something you dont truly believe into, to your friends and family.

there's money to be made with MLM, but if you want to be a nofriends.jpg then go right ahead.
>>
>>2060670
Finnaly a quality post. I'll ask them again how much can be made from just making other people join (this part was so fucking complex for some reason, you gotta divide the number of people of got into this, divide by 2 and then you get a share from the group that is performing the worst. The logic behind that is so you will train the people who are not selling much and then your bonus will actually grow, instead of just getting a few good ones and then sit on your ass). There were nine other bonus types that accumulate, and they were also a bit complex.

I'll then compare it to the gains of selling, which if I remember correctly is you sell them by double the price you buy.
>>
>>2060528

Mlm is a business model where everyone is circle jerking each other. You'll see if you decide to join.
>>
>>2060745
Fuck I was thinking about this. I'm not even a salesperson type of guy but I have friends who are. I thought "hey I should join this, get them in and sit back and relax" but if were to sell stuff myself I picture it would be exactly like this, I'm definitely not enthusiastic about what shampoo/deodorant I use, and my friends would quickly know I'm only doing this because of the money, not because of the quality of the products.
>>
>>2060776
exactly the same boat anon
my friends will do all the work.... turns out they were shitcunts. Didnt do a thing. Other people did the same thing, i have freinds that... so on..

It's not a scam, it's a legit business. But... You need to be a pushy person and basically make them sign.

I prefer having friends. implying anon has friends IRL lel
>>
>>2060798
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.