[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trading vs Holding Crypto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5436.jpg (84KB, 680x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5436.jpg
84KB, 680x440px
Do you trade or buy and hold? What option do you prefer and why
>>
Buy and hold
>>
>buy and hold a few i have faith in longterm
>trade latest news/hype in shitcoins I don't believe in w/ smaller money.
>sell conservatively during a pump
>add those profits to long positions
>repeat
>>
>>2059935
Buy and Hold like it's my anime waifu body pillow.
>>
>>2059935
Buy and hold

Time would be better spent doing other things if you want consistent profits
>>
>>2059935
Buy and hold the top 10 or 20 - they already have enough promise and that is why they are ranked as they are. The whole market will just keep expanding as more and more people find out about crypto - and imagine if a pension fund could ever invest in crypto - to da moon. The big mistake traders make is getting phased by the volatility - thinking that when it starts 'crashing' that it will never come up again because everyone suddenly realized they are based on nothing, instead of the more likely scenario that people are just pumping and dumping to shake out weaker hands
>>
>>2059935
I have a trading system which consistently nets me at least 10% a week in BTC. Compounded for a year or so this will likely net me more than the "shitcoin portfolio" approach.

So I day-trade altcoins and hold mostly BTC.
>>
Bag holder here, trading doesn't suit me
>>
>>2060006
Does day-trading take up a large part of your day or are you able to confine it to a couple of hours and do it at a time of your choosing?
>>
>>2060028
99% of it is just watching, so as long as I have my scanner script running I can do other stuff.
>>
>>2060006
Can you teach me anon?

I can barely day trade without losing 10%
>>
>>2060043
Yes, you can enroll on my course for the low price of $9,999.
>>
>>2060049
can we pay with bitbean?
>>
I hold BTC and trade everything else to acquire more BTC. Would rather take small daily gains that I can immediately use to make greater gains than just leave my money sitting and hope for the best.
>>
>>2059935
buy and hold like the lil bitch i am
>>
>>2059935
The majority of my funds are in bitcoin that I vowed to never daytrade with. There's over 7 billion people on this earth and only 21 million bitcoins will ever exist. That only leaves 0.00285 per person. I don't want to lose a single coin day trading or risk being in fiat when the super moon happens. Owning 1 bitcoin will be like a lifetime dream.
>>
File: BasedSwedeCop.webm (2MB, 762x414px) Image search: [Google]
BasedSwedeCop.webm
2MB, 762x414px
>>2059935

I trade MILO daily, on a good week I can pocket $300

If you have enough money to buy close to 1.0 BTC, you can trade it can be easy to predict trades. If you don't have enough to get close to 1.0 the gains will be minimal.

Hold LTC, ETH and ETC Long term.

PIVX Was a short term hold, went from $50 to $350 in 2 months but now it's dead.

XRP is a long-term hold, and has some trading potential, but is a little bit more risky than some other coins.

Monero and Dash can be long term holds but the price of them is getting a little too high to get into unless you have a decent amount of money to drop initially.

All other coins are trash and should be ignored.
>>
I'm new to the cryptogame. What i've been doing lately is buying altcoins with BTC, then trading with them, making small incremental gains.

From what I've gathered from this thread so far, is that I should be holding BTC, buying altcoins with ETH, trading them to make ETH gains, then converting ETH to BTC?

Basically i've been a gainlet, and I'm trying to figure how to make the massive gains.
>>
>>2059935
Buy and hold.

Taxes plus fear of timing things wrong makes me afraid to be an active trader.
>>
>>2060092
cope poorfag
>>
>>2060342
>buying altcoins with ETH, trading them to make ETH gains, then converting ETH to BTC

Just trade with BTC to begin with, why bother jumping through extra hoops?
>>
If you want to find out whether you are better off trading or holding, just do some paper trading here:

www.btcpredictions.com

You can test out day trading using a simulation that lets you buy and sell bitcoin (and soon stocks too) using fake money, so no financial risk. You can reset your balance any time and set your own custom transaction fees. You can also view logs of your transaction history.

But seriously just try that out for a couple months and see how you do compared to holding. Easy way to answer the question.
>>
>>2060470
neat I was looking for something like that to test the waters thx
>>
>>2060419
and more fees as well.
>>
>>2059935
So I'm like brand new to trading. I'm planning in being in LTC, GNT, and ETH for the long term, but I've still been trying to identify patterns in the movement and trade it as has been appropriate.

For example, over the weekend I traded GNT to ETH and back. I started with 200 GNT as my initial, then traded when it made sense to go back into ETH, and then when GNT had come back down I used that ETH to get back into GNT but now I was able to get 240 GNT with it. Did it a few more times. Because of that I straight up hold more coins than I would be holding if I were to just hold.

Trading seems like the appropriate choice.
>>
File: goodfuckinshottho.jpg (21KB, 296x363px) Image search: [Google]
goodfuckinshottho.jpg
21KB, 296x363px
>>2060062
>
>>
Poor faggot here.

Consistently making around 6% a day on my small pot. Luckily I will inject the capital with more money, getting into the 15% range.
>>
>>2059935
Buy and Hold. We are still in the earliest phase and can only take Bitcoin as example about what's to come. Even if most if not all Altcoins go 10% of what the current value of bitcoin is, those who hold will become the new generation millionaires and even billionaires.
>>
So many richfags here....
Been think about putting my rent for the next two semesters in a coin, but it'd have to be a coin that doesn't dip and take all my money with it
>>
buy and hold. also a couple potential coins and i traded for ltc segwit to buy more cheap eth. other than keeping an eye out for a nice pump on cheap coins i just hold btc and eth
>>
>>2061898
just get a top 5 coin, they go down temporarily but are constantly on the rise even after a dip..

i wouldnt risk rent money on a shit coin, way too volatile and at risk to get pumped and dump while youre not looking
>>
>>2059935
holding long term proved to be always safe for me
every time I tried to trade I fucked up badly
>>
File: IMG_0438.jpg (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0438.jpg
122KB, 600x600px
>>2059985
>anime bodypillow
>>
>>2059935
I'm holding like the good beta holder I am. Too pussy to trade.
>>
Can't hold, I see too many opportunities passing by when I try and hold, how do you hodlers do it?
>>
>>2059935
I trade, but I'm trash, so I want to start buying and holding
[spoiler] >tfw missed out on mad eth gains because I thought I was a trader [/spoiler]
>>
>>2059982
This and only this
>>
80% holdin
20% tradin
>>
>>2059935
im into'ing crypto right now and about to buy
1.5k ETH
1k GNT
500 XBY (already bought last week, thanks boyo's)
and 1k for trading. the problem is, even after a lot of ta research, i still dont know how to approach trading. so many gains everyday but i have no idea how to pick the right one.
>>
>>2062384
>Want to get into trading
>Most potentially profitable shitcoins only trade for BTC
>BTC is at $1800 right now
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2061829

What is your daily trading process anon?
>>
>>2062421
why does it matter, faggot? Do you even do 1st grade math?
>>
>>2061829
>Consistently making around 6% a day on my small pot

i would very much like to know how you do this anon? help a fellow poorcuck out?
>>
>>2063302
I think one of the most useful parts about crypto has to be that you can segment it easily. Dollars/Cents only go down to two decimal places(unless gas, because 9/10th of a cent taxes).
>>
>>2060109
What is your initial investment to pull the $300 out every week?
>>
Should I wait for BTC correction before buying in
>>
>>2062421
You do fucking realize you don't have to buy whole bitcoins to trade right? ...jfc.
>>
>>2064402
Its gonna keep going up. Theres fucking old ladies buying BTC right now without knowing what the fuck it even is.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.