[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone Interview/Informational Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So a Bridgewater Associates recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin, I have no idea why, given I have no finance or biz experience or education, nor have I graduated from a prestigious uni.

He complemented my work experience and said " I’d love to learn more about your career goals and have an informational discussion about Bridgewater. Even if you aren’t looking to make a move, I’d appreciate getting to know you and potentially network a bit"

What should I expect during this call? How should I prepare? What sort of position could he be seeking to fill?

Most importantly, why even contact me randomly? Does he need to reach a quota or something? While I would be happy for a chance to work there in any capacity, I don't think i'm qualified to work there in any capacity & nothing on my profile would allude to that... I graduated with a degree in health sciences and have worked at an after school program for the last 2 years since.
>>
(OP again)

Also is it a affirmative action thing? I am black. Im really just confused as to why a Bridgewater recruiter would reach out to me. Although, Id be happy to work there in any capacity, because I think i could learn a lot personally and professional

My career goals aren't in finance, but they are in business. Should I lie and say that i'm really interested in hedgefunds and careers in investing (I was for a little a year ago but no longer). I don't really have the knowledge to "fake" like i'm familiar with finance or even a hobbyist.

Or are they interested in me for a non finance job? like are they looking for more recruiters? (this is what im thinking)
>>
>>2059877
Sounds like a scam desu. There is no logical reasoning for them to reach out to you given the description of yourself you have. No offense.
>>
File: IMG_7653.jpg (95KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7653.jpg
95KB, 750x750px
>>
>>2060226

No offense taken, but he has a pretty legit looking linkedin profile with connections to others profiles that are "employees of bridgewater" also has a bridgewater email adress. Possibly a really elaborate scam?
>>
>>2060226
>>2060267

Also after googling him, other sources say he works at bridgewater
>>
BW is pretty desperate since they have such high turnover. it doesn't surprise they'd be reaching out actively like this. i interviewed with them for an IT position and they were VERY eager. if he starts asking for your SSN or your credit card number, obviously it's a (bizarre) sca m.
>>
>>2059877
See if you can find a copy of Ray Dalio's Principles.

>Or are they interested in me for a non finance job?
Probably, for 6 months their co-ceo was Jon Rubenstein, a former VP of Apple in software development if I'm not mistaken. Ray Dalio is a big fan of Steve Jobs.

>>2060592
Like this anon says they have a very high turnover, pretty much on purpose, they'd rather churn through new recruits than keep on someone who doesn't fit their very idiosyncratic "radical transparency culture"

OP, I don't know the details, but as an outsider who's certainly drunk their kool-aid it seems to me that they're looking for someone who can bring an outside opinion to what they do. They want people who can poke holes into things, that's theoretically how they can succeed so well as a hedgefund because they question the prevailing wisdom.
>>
>>2059909
Bridgewater recruits all kinds of people for all kinds of roles. if you don't have an interest in finance, just refer more generally to management and opportunities to lead.

it's probably at least somewhat a diversity thing, since it gets painted as a place where wealthy white kids go to criticize each other.
>>
>>2060772
>See if you can find a copy of Ray Dalio's Principles.

WHAT? That used to be free. Since when did he start charging for it?
>>
>>2061493
Now that he's stepping down as CIO it's gonna get legit published in an expanded form, so apparently they took it off the website.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.