[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should a student do over the summer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0506.png (275KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0506.png
275KB, 640x1136px
I am 18 and will have lots of free time during the summer.

Should I get two part-time jobs that I'll do throughout the summer?

Or spend the extra free time learning more about business/finance?

Also my dad suggested that he will open me a store during the summer that I would manage and hire people for. Good or bad idea?

I never worked in my life (only for fun in a minion cosplay for few bucks)
>>
>>2056657
Play vidya and shitpost online. I see you're doing one of those things, you're almost there kid!
>>
I believe anyone has good ideas, and anyone can make good money. All it takes is actually doing said ideas.

99.9% of people are lazy, myself included.

Best way to learn is by doing- run a small business and spend all day throughout summer doing it. Take each day as it comes, but make a plan and stick to it.

In 6 weeks of 8 hours a day, you either have a failed business with lots of experience of marketing, business practice etc..or you have a business which you'll make money(potentially a lot).

Keep at it..or don't, and be a normie like the rest of us.
>>
>>2056657
Learning your father's business is a great idea, family connections and nepotism is the only way that people will be able to get into the ever shrinking pool of jobs in the future.
>>
>>2056657
You're dad better be fucking around.
You should not assume full responsibility of a store if you're only going to be there for the summer
You should still learn about it if you haven't worked there previously. Just enjoy your summer don't become an autismo bizboi, put whatever money you get into cryptos and that'll be fine.
>>
Just fuck off and try to get laid. Your 18 and it's fucking summer. Have plenty of time for money and shit latter on, but you'll only have that one summer of '17.
>>
>>2056748
t. wagie
>>
>>2056748
good advice but this is a business board, not /soc/
>>
>>2056657
Are you paying for your education? If so, get a job and start paying off some of your student loans or save for your next semester. If you aren't paying for it, get a job and put your money into savings account to start building your emergency fund for when you move out.
>>
>>2056748
this is a patrician board, go away normie
>>
>>2056700
>>2056701
also thought that would be the best thing to do really

but I doubt I will spend my entire day managing it, should I invest rest of my free time in a side-job?

I don't even mind working in McD, any kind of job will be new to me

>>2056743
personally I also don't know why he puts so much responsibility on me when I have no experience whatsoever in this kind of stuff

I have nothing to lose unlike him though

>>2056748
fuck off.
I'll only have that one summer of '25 when I will be wageslave as well if I listen to your advice

>>2057228
not paying.

if I would make some money, I'd try to invest it into something else rather than save it

why do you disagree with this being the best option?

also why do you think managing a store isn't by far more valuable than getting a summer job?
>>
>>2057690
Don't get confused by a different tag btw, this post is also me. Just posted from PC.
>>
>>2057690
Not sure if those last 2 questions were directed at me or if you were asking in general but I'll answer:

>why do you disagree with this being the best option?
I wasn't disagreeing with you on working for your father. I meant just get a job, period, in whatever you decide to accept. There's pros to working as a manager in the store and getting a side job and zero cons, unless you think you'll burn yourself out. Even then, you've learned what you can handle or what you're willing to handle going forward instead of playing it safe.

>also why do you think managing a store isn't by far more valuable than getting a summer job
See above. Get all the experience you have energy for.

>if I would make money, I'd try to invest it into something else rather than save it
That's up to you. I don't know what your goals are for the near future. I do know that moving out will cost a good amount of money. It's not just the expenses, it's getting all the stuff you need as well. Pots, silverware, a couch, stuff for your bathroom, etc.. it's just a lot of little things that added up and I was happy that I started to accumulate those things ahead of time. But really, whether you save it or invest it is the smart thing to do, rather than waste it on parties and girls every weekend. You're gonna make it, anon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.