[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need management help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: o-THREE-WHEEL-MUSTANG-facebook.jpg (112KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-THREE-WHEEL-MUSTANG-facebook.jpg
112KB, 2000x1000px
I will try to be brief.

My mother started an IT business all on her own (as in no other employees) several years ago, and as I studied compsci I came along with the ride, helping her with certain tasks and eventually remaking her system from scratch.

Now I decided to take the reins of the company with her and as we were making the business plan (which wasn't very concrete before) we realized we are really way below our competition in the features we delivered. The only thing we really have over them (after doing a SWOT analysis) is that we can help our clients with their needs faster and better than the rest of the companies. We're still below on the offered services, though.

We have no other employees. We have no way to finance them. Some of our clients are not paying. We cannot ask for bank loans because we cannot ensure we will actually have revenue, and we've already used government help. Only now I am starting to actually see the strategic part of the company so there was little I could do back then.

What the fuck do I do now? My body is literally hurting right now and I don't know as much about management as I wish I did. We have only 4 clients, 3 of them using the system I remade and another one who uses a different service, and who doesn't want to leave only because we're better know to them than any other, much better service.
>>
you've got options:

>wind down by choice or by force since you underperform the competition

being the most likely

but since you won't do that you can explore selling the business to your competition as a less painful exit

you probably won't do that either

since you want to run the damn thing and ride your business into the ground, nonpaying customers, no short term credit lines, no new sales and no new oppos and all

pick long term goals (eg strategy eg 'deliver most responsive, fast, and individualized service to customers' vs 'gain lions share of the market by offering cheaper product' vs read a damn textbook)

operationalize on how to execute your strategy, get the customers you have to PAY YOU, use that to advertise and get new sales (you are operating at a profit right?) to the maximum of your current operating capacity

then you can consider expanding
>>
>>2052844
>pick long term goals (eg strategy eg 'deliver most responsive, fast, and individualized service to customers' vs 'gain lions share of the market by offering cheaper product' vs read a damn textbook)
We've picked long term goals. We need to expand, soon, and our clients already trust us at least, so we were thinking on having testimonials from the few clients we have.

We had more clients in the past. They were government bound, and although they liked us the mayor (we had no contact with him prior) contracted another business and they were forced to terminate their contract with us, which left us with the few remaining clients we have.

>operationalize on how to execute your strategy, get the customers you have to PAY YOU, use that to advertise and get new sales (you are operating at a profit right?) to the maximum of your current operating capacity
So whatever is that they pay us, we immediately spend into advertising right?

>you are operating at a profit right?
Er. The little profit we actually have, not counting what they owe us, is so small it's going straight into our home because of debts. Otherwise none of us is earning a cent.

>then you can consider expanding
We want to do this in the end, we're looking for alternatives and how to do it.
>>
>>2052908
So how are you pursuing those long term goals?

What % of your capacity are you running at? You don't need to expand until you're running at/near max cap

But since you're 'running profitably' and my guess is you're below operational max you need to get work/revenue

The way to do this is with marketing spend. Testimonials would help, ad spend would help, sales calls would help, asking current clients for leads would help, etc.

You could also ask your clients for prepay on services to be rendered as an advance to free up cash, or ask suppliers (such as you have them) for longer repayment periods on your payables.
>>
>>2052993
>So how are you pursuing those long term goals?
We're still defining them. So we haven't decided on a way to do it.

>What % of your capacity are you running at? You don't need to expand until you're running at/near max cap
No idea. You're talking jargon at this point, none of us are experts on business management.

>But since you're 'running profitably' and my guess is you're below operational max you need to get work/revenue
>The way to do this is with marketing spend. Testimonials would help, ad spend would help, sales calls would help, asking current clients for leads would help, etc.
We are going to do calls as soon as we have our business plan ready, and we're preparing it.

>You could also ask your clients for prepay on services to be rendered as an advance to free up cash, or ask suppliers (such as you have them) for longer repayment periods on your payables.
We're going to urge our clients to pay. We're paying to our only supplier responsibly, a web hosting service. We can still do that. The service is covered by our revenue.
>>
Move to a small town and offer small business solutions. Take complete ownership over small business services. Websites, point of sale, backups, wireless, switching, consultation services, EVERYTHING. Managed services contract, monthly fee. How are you not getting this?
>>
>>2053357
>Move to a small town and offer small business solutions.
We're living in a small city and there are many surrounding towns. There's a nearby, way bigger city with more competitors, but it doesn't mean we can't reach small business.

In fact this is one of the business ideas we want to incorporate to our line of services.

>Take complete ownership over small business services. Websites, point of sale, backups, wireless, switching, consultation services, EVERYTHING. Managed services contract, monthly fee. How are you not getting this?
One moment, you mean like having a sort of mini monopoly over a smaller town?

Also, we do nothing else but IT. We have no idea about management although we could run consultation services for towns.

The person who sold our house to us wants something, so maybe we could get some extra input from there. Moreover we just pressured the one client who owes us the most and they said they're gonna sort it out.

Meanwhile, you mean I should just go to a small town and offer IT services right?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.