[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25-year-old Australian here. Should I save for a deposit on a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0762.jpg (32KB, 532x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0762.jpg
32KB, 532x276px
25-year-old Australian here. Should I save for a deposit on a house or should I keep renting and invest what I would be paying on a mortgage? Property is ridiculously expensive here, there's a lot of talk there's a property bubble that's gonna burst in the next few decades. I eventually want to own a house before I retire, but I am starting to think it might be safer to build a portfolio and then buy a house outright later down the track.

ITT: General long-term financial advice
>>
>>2040691
People have been saying that this "bubble" is going to pop for years. It's a meme. Your best option is to buy somewhere rural. Sydney and Melbourne are out of the question. Overpriced, overpopulated and filling up with third worlders.
>>
>>2040691
>25

Have you or your friends discussed the great exodus to Canada? Serious question.

I'm 36, and some of the teams I manage are consistently discussing a move to Canada.
>>
>>2040691
depends on your level of investing acumen.

if you have to ask , you should probably just stick to real estate.

otherwise , read "the intelligent investor"

to decide between the returns of common stocks , bonds, and real estate, m8.
>>
>>2040691
22yo Aussie here, basically in the same boat as you.
Im going to stay oit of the housing market for atleast a couple of years. I think somewhat of a correction is imminant. Plus I have opportunities to move away with work, so theres not much point in buying a house
>>
What if you can only afford a unit not a house? Units are a shittier investment, right?
>>
>>2040736
Not looking to play the stock market, more so to buy and hold for the next few decades with something safe, like an Index Fund or an LIC.
>>
File: 1472751427805.jpg (73KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1472751427805.jpg
73KB, 800x533px
>>2040816
you have to understand interest rates and the economic cycle, "the supply and demand of credit".
its like being neo in the matrix.
>>
If the property is in the city, then that would be ideal to rent out. Other assets won't last during a financial crisis, but lowering your rent will be better than getting nothing.
>>
I wont be buying until the boomers start dropping dead in the next 10 - 15 years, until then every spare cent I make gets invested in the new econony they're too dumb to figure out.
>>
File: 31585.jpg (48KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
31585.jpg
48KB, 500x700px
>>2040825
>Other assets won't last during a financial crisis

its called put options and commodities.
>>
>>2040724
what sort of teams do you manage, senpai?
>>
I'm just not going to buy anymore.
Long term rent maybe.
Prices in Tasmania are getting disgusting and only Asians or Melbourne/Sydney-fags buy for investment properties making it impossible for locals (on local incomes) to get in.
>>
>>2040691
Property bubbles don't exist anymore. With more population means there's more demand for housing. Even if new housing is built it'll be taken up really quickly.
>>
>>2040691
You want property financial advice, snowflake?

Get rid of all the chinks, theyre the ones causing the price of housing to skyrocket in Australia as well as Canada and the US. With billions of Chinese looking to store their money somewhere, dont expect the prices to fall any time soon.

Youre probably some Leftist though, so this will fall on deaf ears.
>>
auscunt here. once i finish my trade and make a mint with my cryptos(thanks biz) im moving to the best right wing white community in the world

wherever it is
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.