[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique my cryptocurrency portfolio and give tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: PepeCurrency.png (168KB, 640x480px)
PepeCurrency.png
168KB, 640x480px
I'm planning on holding cryptos long term (5+ years) and am betting on the blockchain tech itself. That is why I have purchased the following cryptos. Here is ticker and % distribution. I won't be mentioning the total cap, but it is in 6 figures.

> ETH 67.56% (biggest potential)
> BTC 19.42% (first mover, if they adopt Segwit might boom again, actual use)
> XMR 5.33% (best anonimity coin hands down, but niche use)
> ETC 2.19% (got it upon split)
> PIVX 1.51% (improved dash with staking)
> DASH 1.67% (relatively good coin)
> NEM 1.79% (might be hidden gem)
> GAME 0.53% (most likely a scam project, thinking of selling this)

Critique and give tips how to rebalance and diversify even further. To bet on blockchain tech successfully I think I should put at least 0.5-2% in some other potentially promising cryptos. Only one from 10 has to boom to make up the investment. I won't

Cryptos I am considering:

> Factom (actual clients and working tech)
> Stratis (similar to ETH, but could be a C# meme scam with a nigger dev)
> BitBay (we need to have a decentrilised crypto market place down the road)
> Stellar Lumens
> Decred
> Litecoin (clonecoin though)
> Ripple (I don't like the fact that it is centralised and price is controlled by the main company)
> BitShares

Thoughts? I am not buying right now, would be stupid at ATH, but I think rebalancing is a good idea.
>>
Oh yeah, I'm also thinking maybe it would be smart to put a little bit in WAVES platform just in case.

Either way, I think diversification is what counts when it comes to crypto investing.

Just buy 20 most promising ones, if one goes mainstream you can retire with lambos.
>>
File: zhwgu5bz7ela13937-2.jpg (63KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
zhwgu5bz7ela13937-2.jpg
63KB, 640x426px
Guys halp pls
>>
>>2037559
I made this thread for crypto allocation discussion and rebalancing not e-begging and handouts.

Anyone can benefit from this, because you can rebalance with 1k, 10k, 100k, 1kk when it comes to cryptos.
>>
>>2037562
Okay well with my limeted retard knowlege id say sell GAME, sell ETC, and put that momey towards stratis, just incase it moons my guy
>>
Where is Waves?

ETH already went up a lot, I think you should diversify some of your ETH. Have you considered some deflationary tokens ON the Ethereum blockchain, like Iconomi?
>>
>>2037578
>ETH already went up a lot
And? It already went up a lot when it went to $50.
Nothing says it's gonna stop.
>>
>>2037585
Common mathematical sense says it won't go up much higher.
>>
>>2037574
>STRATIS

I have a few red flags regarding STRATIS:

>nigger dev
>too much copycat coin
>using C# as a marketing gimmick when its just a wrapper

I really think of selling GAME and ETC, but ETC could go up if something really fucks up with ETH update. Once ETH switches to PoS if something goes wrong then ETC could raise. Although people don't like hacked coins and probably will just fix whatever is wrong with ETH.
>>
>>2037585
I'm not saying it will suddenly stop, I'm just saying, long term it will probably go up less than many other cheaper coins.
>>
>>2038233
Which coins would you recommend?

You say I should sell ETH and distribute among other cheaper stuff?
>>
>>2037578
>ICONOMI
By the way ICONOMI is heavy bullshit. I don't trust them on their index, I rather pick them myself. I've been into this game for 3 years, so I think it is doable.
>>
>>2037476
I would want some exposure to Ripple, Iconomi or Melon, Golem, and one of the prediction markets (probably Gnosis).
>>
>>2038285
You don't have to buy their Index, just buy ICN tokens. Even if their index sucks, they will make it easier to invest for traditional investors.

They will put profits into Buybacks, but not just normal buybacks, buyback BURNS. That means ICN is deflationary, not like BTC is deflationary after all 21 million coins are mined, but actually relatively fast deflation. And god damn do crypto investors love scarcity, if they're actually burned the price will shoot up, before the end of June I almost guarantee.
>>
>>2038297
The way I see it, the ETH tokens are useless to invest into if you already hold ETH. I mean, if they become popular ETH will grow as well, if ETH fails then the tokens will fail as well.

ICONOMI I don't want and I described why above (they are a crypto index and I'm trying to create my own)

Ripple is centralised and price is controlled by the company.

Golem is not working yet (untestable) and very similar to other projects like MaidSafe.

There are many prediction market projects like Augur and Gnosis. It might be spreading myself too thin if I invest in every one.

What is Melon about?
>>
>>2038278
Waves (Great token platform, in many ways better than ETH for that purpose, also no inflation, unlike ETH's high inflation)
Shift (Decentralizing the internet through IPFS and blockchain)

There's a lot of promising shortterm coins I know, but since you want to hold for 5 years I won't recommend them.
>>
The entire crypto market is built on "the bigger fool theory"

There are two types of people: those who already know it, and those who will learn it the hard way later.
>>
>>2038316
>There are two types of people: those who already know it, and those who will learn it the hard way later.

Yes, people were saying it when bitcoin was 100$, too.

Listen, I know that most of this is bullshit, but again - we need just one crypto or token or project going mainstream. Just one.

So let us say I invest in 30 projects.

10 fail
10 get stale
4 raise a bit
4 fall a bit
2 become mainstream

Ding Ding Ding! Those 2 mainstream ones make you rich as fuck and compensate for the rest.
>>
>>2038308

Ripple is centralised, but doesn't mean it's shitty, banks prefer to work with a centralized. But Ripple already went up very high recently so not expecting much.

Gnosis will dump hard in a year when 90% of the supply is suddenly released

I'm not sure about Augur, I should take a look

Melonport wants to create a more decentralized version of Iconomi, but I think it will take them a while, it could be promising.

And I forgot to mention about ICN, they also have a performance fund, and they invested in a few very profitable ICO's (Golem, RLC, Byteball (I know it's not even an ICO))

And they've made a lot of profit with that, ICN is more than just the index, the index is nice for making blockchain investments more accessible for outsiders, but the real value of ICN is much more. They'll offer OTHER people to create their own indexes on their platform.
>>
>>2038308
The way you see it is dumb.

I understand your opinion on Iconomi, but that is not all they do. Melon is an alternative or you could forego this sector if you really want no part.

Ripple's price is not controlled by the company.

What does this have to do with profit potential?

Who said invest in every one? I said pick one.
>>
>>2038323
90% of the supply will not suddenly be released. Please post your sources for this? you won't because there are none.
>>
>>2038378
>The way you see it is dumb.

Why is it dumb? If ETH tokens get demand ETH will raise in value. People need to buy ETH to get the tokens.
>>
>>2037476

>67% in a shitcoin that's run up 4x in two months

You're gonna get rekd
>>
>>2037476
Buy DOGE. It's absolutely skyrocketing right now. You could have easily quadrupled your money if you were paying attention and bought when it was showing clear signs of rise.

My prediction is that it will continue to increase until it's 1 cent per DOGE (which is roughly ten times its current value).
>>
>>2039352
why would anyone buy this
>>
>>2039331
>67% in a shitcoin that's run up 4x in two months

If ETH is a shitcoin then what is a normal coin?

>>2039352
>Buy DOGE

No meme shit please.
>>
>>2038384
I don't mean suddenly sold, but now a big amount is stuck in a smartcontract for around a year. If the contract ends, the devs will have access to most of the tokens, obviously they won't just dump it all, but it might create some panic.
>>
>>2039331
Its increased in value so much precisely because it is looking more and more likely to succeed.

And a success scenario puts the value of ethereum in the trillions market cap.
Making each ETH worth many thousands of dollars.
>>
>>2038601
We're not saying ETH won't gain value, but if for example ETH gains 100$million in marketcap, it's only a few % rise , but if Iconomi or Augur or whatever gains 100$, it will double or more. Higher ROI..
>>
>>2037476

i think you are way to deep in the shithole

>80% BTC
>20% Alts
>>
>>2041005
I think you cannot read.

I don't have 80% in BTC.

I have 20% in BTC, which is fine and would have been more if not for the extreme ETH price surgery.
>>
>>2041054
Whachu think about XBY?
>>
>>2041073
I don't know much about XBY. Seems like something stupid from reading their website.

Not professional at all.
>>
File: posw accumulation.png (171KB, 1264x1883px)
posw accumulation.png
171KB, 1264x1883px
>>2037648
And yet it still pumped.

Buy POSW.
>>
>>2041189
stop posting this on every thread you nigger
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.