[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is mining worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

is mining coins worth it, or is it simply far easier and more profitable to -just- sit back and play the market?

If it is worth it, what's the best mining operation?
>>
>>2035021
kys advertiser
>>
>>2034846
What do you plan on mining with?
>>
>>2034846
If you can mine an altcoin before it moons, yes

>>2035021
No one sign up for this. It's a scam. You never make back your initial investment due to the way difficulty increases. The only way you profit is by shilling referral codes like this asshole.
>>
>>2035284
Software wise? No idea whatsoever.

Hardware wise, I have a GTX 1080
>>
not unless youre in china with an industrial mining production and dirt cheap electricity prices
>>
>>2035021
Cloud mining is a scam, however, setting up your own GPU's will make you money in the long run. You can mine obscure PoW coins, or wait until the decentralized computing coins start demanding on the fly GPU power.
>>
>>2035339
What OS?
>>
>>2035391
Windows 10.

Don't laugh at me.

Stop.

Stop it.

(if this proves to be somewhat profitable, i'm more than happy to build a Linux rig I can use as a media server that mines coins in the background all day)
>>
nicehash.com/

Try this desu, have been using it for the past month and made over 100 bucks on just a single GTX 1070. Weekly payouts in BTC and they auto choose the most profitable algorithm for your gpu
>>
>>2035404
I asked because windows 10 changed the way the computer references the graphics card. This drops your hash rate like crazy. If you want to mine I'd suggest you switch to windows 7. I had trouble with Linux because I was too much of a retard but windows 7 was super easy.
>>
>>2035409
What's your hash rate with a 1070 and what are you mining?
>>
>>2035429
It's mostly been using the Equihash algorithm and I average around 445 H/s
>>
>>2035429
>>2035440
Before I forget, they have a pretty accurate profit calculator based on graphics cards / ASICS etc using their miner here: https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc
>>
>>2034846
Just steal electricity from your neighbors and mine using GPU's whatever's most profitable at the moment, you can always resell them later and pretend you only used them for light gaems
OC everything to death
>>
1) Do you have thousands of dollars to invest in mining equipment?
2) Do you have unusually cheap or free electricity?

If the answer to either of these is 'no', its not worth it.
>>
I'm mining about half an ETC per day using a single RX 480 so yeah it's worth it in some cases.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.