[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long before the government clamps down or bans crypto trading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1494004794210.jpg (71KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1494004794210.jpg
71KB, 612x612px
How long before the government clamps down or bans crypto trading?
>>
>>2033683
With the creation of decentralized exchanges it's not really possible.
>>
>>2033683
T H I C C
>>
>>2033683
Only an idiot would oppose the blockchain.

You cannot stop it, it is a force of nature now.
>>
File: smh tbh fam.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
smh tbh fam.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>2033696
True, goverments cannot stop crypto trading, but they can reduce it to trading pokemon by criminalizing its use as a currency. This will scare away legitimate businesses from accepting crypto. It'll become used solely on darknet markets for drugs. Then the NSA will get involved to track people down using AI on the blockchain, under the guise of fighting drugs/crime. They will start randomly arresting crypto users, scaring away pretty much everyone from using it. That's how they can kill crypto.
>>
>>2035024
Criminals and in particular carders are always ahead of the game.
>>
>>2035024
>criminalizing its use as a currency.
Wouldn't stand up in court.

>the NSA will get involved to track people down using AI on the blockchain,
Do you come from an alternate universe where "AI" means "magic spells?"
>>
>>2035024

Only gov I know of that bans crypto is venezuela
>>
File: 1491592972370.png (142KB, 916x758px) Image search: [Google]
1491592972370.png
142KB, 916x758px
>>2035047
>Do you come from an alternate universe where "AI" means "magic spells?"
AI can appear to be magic until it's understood. I took several courses in AI for my degree. This problem is called unsupervised learning / machine learning. It's not at all a hard problem. Satoshi never meant for the blockchain to guarantee anonymity. Here's some work already done using AI to unmask BTC users:
http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~ide/data/teaching/amsc663/14fall/amsc663_14midyearreport_stefan_poikonen.pdf

You'd be a fool to think the NSA hasn't already figured it out though, with their monstrous computing capability.
>>
>>2035071
shit man i didnt know there was a gov that bans crypto. if the beaners can do it, so can USA and EU, fuck

bad news m8
>>
>>2035243
Do you even know what's happening in Venezuela right now? ARE you this dense?
>>
>>2035110
>I took several courses in AI for my degree
Then you'd be a fucking idiot to think they can track people down from blockchain transactions alone. The best they could do is follow the money from one anonymous address to another, and even that's sketchy at best. You can use tumblers to launder large amounts of BTC or just switch to XMR like a sensible criminal.
>>
Why ban it when they've already started regulating it?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.