[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting my Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: aafbfdc.jpg (85KB, 1200x625px) Image search: [Google]
aafbfdc.jpg
85KB, 1200x625px
Question:
> I'm putting in my 2 weeks notice (actually I'm making my last day the 16th, so let's say a week-and
-a-half notice) in 2 hours. How should I do this?
Unnecessary Backstory
> It's a mid level job that utilizes my mistake of a degree (Psychology) - I worked it for a year while I applied to Graduate schools. I finally found a place that let me in for a PhD - including free tuition, a decent stipend, and free health care. The job is terrible, but the people were okay.
>>
>>2033514
So do the employees read each other 's thoughts all day
>>
>>2033514
"I'm finally fulfilling my dream of getting a PhD, guys. Here's my two weeks notice."

they can't do anything but congratulate you.
>>
File: 1486059964991.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1486059964991.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
>>2033514
Not /biz/ related
>>
>>2033650
Do I email it? Tell my boss in person?

>>2033631
It's basically a step above social work, so it's basically seeing through poor drug addicts bullshit all day
>>
>>2033676
Quitting a job isn't related to Business? Are you fucking joking?

But all this Crypto shit is?
>>
>>2033514
Is this the right thing to do Op?

Maybe you're making a HUGE mistake burning bridges and you could push yourself and handle classes which don't start for almost a year BTW and this job.

Are you a quitter? Is this your future forever perpetual child student in the body of an adult? Maybe better to kys
>>
>>2033677
Yes, in person you fuckwit

Along with a signed piece of paper saying you're leaving, to make it official
>>
>>2033680
The program starts in August, but I am worried about burning bridges because they wrote me an AWESOME recommendation

>>2033681
Okay chap. But I'm using their printer to print it off.
>>
>>2033677
You should do it in person. Make sure to be as amiable toward your boss as you can--you want to communicate that you like all these people, and you're sad to see them go, but this is a professional opportunity you can't waste. They'll understand. Good luck.
>>
>>2033676
This
>>
>>2033721
If they wrote you a recommendation than they expect you to leave anyways. Deliver your resignation notice in person.
>>
>>2033676
>>2033766
yeah lets turn /biz/ into stackoverflow, great, an extra dose of autism is exactly what this place needed
>>
>>2033792
This is like yet another career advice thread. Too many advice threads shitting up the catalog all the time when there is already a board for /adv/ice. I want there to be more threads about entrepreneurship, running/starting business, and trading.
>>
>>2033721
they wrote you a recommendation. they know that you'll leave eventually. go in person and let your boss know. thank them for the time you've worked there and make yourself available for the next week and a half for anything that will help them transition to a new employee - i.e. tying up open projects, keeping a co-worker up-to-date and in-the-loop on your projects, or even training a replacement. nobody will fault you for moving on... and might even be happy for you.
>>
>>2033843
Maybe we'd be better off with more threads like this, and fewer 'invest in my crypto guys' threads? Career advice is still relevant to business. It's all about a balance.
>>
>>2033981
Imo all those billions of crypto threads all at once would be better to be in a general and that might free up the catalog, but then again this is specifically intended as the crypto containment board so I guess it is what it is.
>>
File: 1490220365119.jpg (17KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
1490220365119.jpg
17KB, 460x423px
>>2033997
>all those billions of crypto threads all at once would be better to be in a general and that might free up the catalog
This is unironically what should happen, but i wonder what that would do for traffic.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.