[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 48

File: psychedelicpepe.png (492KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
psychedelicpepe.png
492KB, 499x499px
From NEET to trillionaire in just one year edition
>>
>implying I haven't missed out on all of the trains
>>
>>2033312
>implying
>>
>>2033297
>wanted to buy LSD
>required Bitcoin
>"What the fuck is Bitcoin? Whatever."
>read about cryptocurrencies while waiting for LSD to arrive
>"Oh. I can get rich."

been getting rich

thank you, LSD
>>
>>2033297
Is XRP and STR going to go back up soon or am I fucked? I gained 20% today then lost 30 on my original investment. Tell me everything is gonna be okay anons...
>>
File: 1486049935544.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486049935544.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Newbies start here:

Blockchain Guide
Starter cryptocurrency explanation

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcaH-6EviBkblNGZ05CbFMyOEE/view

happy trading
>>
>>2033369
Wish I could go back in time. The first time I heard about Bitcoin was back in 2012 but at first glance I didn't understand what it was so I paid literally no attention to it.
>>
>>2033414
Cryptos are massively volatile, but trends suggest that (memecoins excluded) they've been on a steady path upwards for years and that will continue for a little while at least. Don't check your wallet all the time, huge long-term gains are still there to be had.
>>
>>2033459
So is it smarter to just hold long term or short a bunch of times? This is only my second day coining so I'm still learning.
>>
>>2033493
I have no idea, I'm less than a month in myself tbqhwy. My general impression is that if you're an experienced trader than there's definitely potential to make your money go even further, but you also risk losing all your money on what's otherwise a pretty good investment. Personally I've just spread my money between a few coins, and I plan to hold for a few years and see what happens. Missed out on BTC, but usually after a disruptive technology enters the market you get a few competitors replicate the original product and grab themselves a slice of the pie. From what I've read, it looks like ETH and XRP are in a good place to do that. I might be wrong and lose all my money though, part of the fun.
>>
File: mods are ducks.jpg (160KB, 1440x1456px) Image search: [Google]
mods are ducks.jpg
160KB, 1440x1456px
>mfw I can finally buy into all the dips while spaghetti is selling
>>
>>2033493
Day trading is more profitable in the long term because of the compounding, and the fact that the market fluctuates alot.

However, consistently profitable day trading takes skill so most people are better off with the "shitcoin portfolio" approach, so long as the market is bullish.
>>
File: 1488337638383.jpg (120KB, 1492x918px) Image search: [Google]
1488337638383.jpg
120KB, 1492x918px
>>2033559
I'd be doing fine if those guys with 50 BTC orders wouldn't come along and fuck the whole market. Seriously fuck those guys.
>>
>>2033312
>xby
>posw
>bean

my dude.......
>>
>tfw only 5 xmr
>>
File: cocaine.jpg (26KB, 472x461px) Image search: [Google]
cocaine.jpg
26KB, 472x461px
Hit the wheel and double the stakes!
>>
laughing at all the POSW fags. drops like a stone. meanwhile actually good coins pump like XBY. enjoy missing the new ETH AGAIN
>>
>>2033641

#xmr is a scam bro.

some guy on bitcointalk posted an essay that took 5 minutes to scroll, with annotated pictures and everything

i didnt read any of it, but he put so much effort into it , it must be true
>>
>>2033665
lol
>>
So I bought into ETH last night and sure enough the dip starts today. Should I buy in more, or is this the beginning of the end of ETH profits? I don't really want to get on the boat as it's sinking, but the common wisdom seems to be to buy the dip.

Will the price crash or is this just a momentary lapse?
>>
File: 1446415188707.jpg (10KB, 374x295px) Image search: [Google]
1446415188707.jpg
10KB, 374x295px
>>2033744
>is this the beginning of the end of ETH profits?

It has only just begun.
>>
Laughing my ass off at people who think they can invest less than $1k in BTC or ETH and get rich. Christ, if you're going to gamble atleast do it on something with a small market cap. Buy some fucking Milo or something.
>>
>>2033744
Don't worry so much about short-term fluctuations unless you're planning to trade.
>>
File: IMG_2629.jpg (68KB, 432x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2629.jpg
68KB, 432x585px
I just want to thank those of you who said to buy XEM back in February.
I appreciate ya.
>>
>>2033785
Don't ever buy Milo. I don't care how desperate you are.

That coin is a toxic shithole scamcoin of epic proportions.
>>
>>2033447
>tfw I heard about btc as a sophomore in HS from a junkie buddy in late 2010 or early 2011 and thought it would be neat to drop $250 into it for shits and giggles but decided against it because it was complex as fuck for a lazy ass highschooler to deal with.

My friend is now a bitcoin millionaire and still a junkie. I'd trade places though.
>>
Anyone believe in xby and lct
>>
>>2033863
I put some dosh in XBY.

It has some technology behind it and it's new. Hopefully I can make some gains.
>>
>>2033908
I'm sure I bought 280k xby.
>>
>>2033863
see you on the moon or in hell
>>
>>2033953
>>2033297
>>>2033863
>see you on the moon or in hell
I dont lose so I'm not worried.
>>
Doubt anyone didn't get shaken our of btc but eth is solid
>>
File: gnt9.png (48KB, 1353x747px) Image search: [Google]
gnt9.png
48KB, 1353x747px
golem prediction
>>
Sell your BTC NOW.

https://dailyreckoning.com/the-death-of-bitcoin/
>>
I'm having a look around POSWallet.

Question about POS coins : what's the difference between "vested" and "staked" amount?

Thanks /biz/!
>>
>>2034113
"Vested" is the amount you originally bought.

"Staked" the amount you have gained on your original investment.
>>
>>2034122
>https://dailyreckoning.com/the-death-of-bitcoin/
thank you very much!

The POS system boggles my mind about how it's rewarding holders. In a sane finance system, value to the market is added if the currency is exchanged, right? Isn't it bad to reward those who do not spend their currency?
>>
>>2034090
reTArd, Golem will drop once RLC team humiliates them, and reveals Golem to be a Jewish trick.
>>
What wallets do y'all use? Was thinking about coinbase but that seems like it could be risky after reading about it.
>>
>>2034251
Coinbase is not a wallet homie.

What coins you planning on buying?
>>
>>2033707
>lol
Fuckoff
>>
>>2034286
lol
>>
Where can a UK anon buy waves and IOC plz someone help me.
>>
>>2034186
If history has taught me anything, it's to side with the Jews on matters of finance.
>>
>>2033953
Where can I buy XBY in the U.K. Mate.
>>
File: sarcasm.jpg (31KB, 448x373px) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm.jpg
31KB, 448x373px
>>2033665
Of course it is

>i didnt read any of it, but he put so much effort into it , it must be true

Thats why you deserve to stay poor
>>
How necessary is it to store coin in offline wallets? I know there was that one scandal where everyone's money got stolen, but is it likely to ever happen again? It seems like security has been increased since then.
>>
>>2034258
Saw it on that bitcoin.org website listed under wallets. What is it?

Looking for ETH mainly
>>
My main goal is to acquire a lot of BTC and maybe ETH. My plan now is to take the $150 BTC I bought and invest in two or three smaller altcoins for (hopefully) big gains on the long term. I also bought $200 each of LTC and ETH. Should I use these to trade also or just to hold? Only $550 to work with because I am poorfag, please advise.
>>
>>2034336
Go to this for an ETH wallet https://myetherwallet.com/ , pretty easy to set up.

You can use Coinbase to buy ETH but it's generally not recommended to store coins in exchanges unless you're planning on trading.
>>
Does Ripple/XPR have a chance to reach the same levels as ETH? I've heard that it's likely to get to $1 but not too much higher, but I don't understand why.
>>
>>2034131
>No rebuttals on this
Hmmm...
>>
>>2034367
Okie thanks boss, is coinbase a good exchange for an American?
>>
>>2033798
>wanting to be a junkie, even a millionaire one
Dontdothat.jpg
AmyWinehouse.jpg
>>
>>2033638
what?
>>
>>2034384
There is a higher circulating supply of XRP than ETH. It's possible to reach $1 and beyond, but XRP would need almost the whole market cap of cryptocurrency to reach $1 to begin with.
Ripple also hold 60% of XRP, but they have hinted that a lock-up is coming.
>>
>>2034454
What would a lock-up mean for prices?
>>
>>2034454
>Ripple also hold 60% of XRP
I don't understand how that's good news for us. It's the only reason I'm standing on the edge of XRP. What's the counterargument?
>>
So when you margin trade you don't actually use any of your money for trading, only in the case of liquidation?
>>
File: Aldrich-plan-1912.jpg (277KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
Aldrich-plan-1912.jpg
277KB, 500x748px
>>2034293
This is a very good point
>>
I been into btc since $4 and altcoin trading more recently. I did a lot of gold trading / investment blogging in years past. Alt is a lot easier to predict than btc, imo. I have started making a guide site, although right now it is just as an introduction. http://cryptoinvesting.net
>>
Newfag as fuck coiner here. I've got some in Coinbase but I can't for the life of me figure out blockfolio. How do I use it? Also when I downloaded the app it didn't have me sign up for an account or anything --- did I do something wrong?
>>
Also, is there any way to speed up verification with coinbase? Faggot ass $100/week credit limit is stupid as all fuck, and they haven't hit my bank account with the verification deposits yet.

Losing out on huge gains because of red tape makes me want to gouge my fucking eyes.
>>
>>2035011
You search for the pairing you want and add the amount you're holding of that coin. You don't need an account. It's pretty simple.
>>
>>2035033
Guess you missed the "Newfag as fuck coiner" part of my post.

How do I do even that? I can't figure out this shit for the life of me but I'm still trying to make money off it.
>>
>>2034600
Would probably remove some fear people have about Ripple dumping billions of XRP.
>>2034777
It's not good news. Go take a look at the XRP portal on their website.
>>
VGINACOIN is the next big thing.

Will pump like aids over the next few weeks.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vgina/
>>
>>2035055
>Press the + sign.
>Search for the coin you have, for example BTC.
>Find the pairing you want to see in the app for the selected coin, for example BTC/USD.
>Enter the price you bought for under "trade price" and add amount under "enter quantity". Select exchange, for example Poloniex, under "select exchange".
>Save
>>
>>2035011
In case you're unaware, Blockfolio doesn't actually allow you to buy coin or move it around - it's just a helpful way at looking at your overall portfolio (which may have many different coins on different exchanges).
>>
>>2034106
Wow that was some meangingless bullshit
>>
>>2034777
>I don't understand how that's good news for us. It's the only reason I'm standing on the edge of XRP. What's the counterargument?

FOMO??? lol
>>
>>2035057
>Would probably remove some fear people have about Ripple dumping billions of XRP.

I really think the banks are just manipulating XRP to hoover value out of crypto. They completely control the regular fiat markets, crypto is new. How would they git in there? So they bought off the shelf tech and launch a coin, cut out m"miners" and centralize it. Put the # of coins in the stratosphere (understanding dilution and circulation) and then come in as whales in the market, buying and selling and moving the numbers around. There is so much liquidity with stratospheric numbers of premined coins no one can tell what is happening They pump the coin into the top 10 and people just throw money at it.

I bought it, I made some money, but seriously vampire squids...
>>
File: No jews allowed.png (9KB, 353x98px) Image search: [Google]
No jews allowed.png
9KB, 353x98px
Anyone of you kikes heard about this coin?
I asked earlier but didnt get an answer.
So what the prediction of this one?
Im going balls deep in this one because its cheap as fuck.
>>
What time of the day and timezone are the markets most active?
>>
>>2035119
>So what the prediction of this one?

What is DGB's value proposition?

Give me your coin worth $1500, and I'll give you a bag of this shit
>>
What are we looking at this month, biz?

LTC has been anywhere between 20-27 this past week
ETH jumping around 88-97
BTC is trying to outrun 1600

I want to surf these swings rather than taking them on the chin.
>>
>>2035119

It is an long term coin.
Buy it and store it in a core wallet.

Great technology, new stuff.
Just got Segwit, developed digishild? (against difficulty spikes in mining), next up digisign.

Devs are against pump and dumps so news are released without hype.

Buy it and hold.
>>
Polo is such a garbage slow trading platform, whats a better alternative with low fees?
>>
>>2035198

I learned to like bittrex
>>
>>2035173
I doubt LTC will hit $30 anytime soon.
ETH will go $100+.
BTC $1600+ probably.
>>
>>2035217
How do you feel about selling when eth is hitting ATHs? It seems like we're stair step climbing in $10 increments. Kind of two steps forward, one step back.

I've been bonking stop losses pretty badly. I either need to choke up on them or quit using them all together.
>>
>>2035088
I'm confused; it doesn't seem to do anything other than add them like they're just tracking coins I already have across other sites. I can't buy or exchange coins on blockfolio, just keep track of my other transactions...?
>>
Anyone on Stellar(XML/STR)? its been gaining momentum.

Yesterday only 450 now its 800
>>
I'm just getting into this thing and on the bitcoin website it says you should change your address with every transaction? How do you do this?
>>
>>2036105
was just looking at it, what made it explode?
>>
>>2034131
>The banking system boggles my mind about how it's rewarding bank account owners. In a sane finance system, value to the market is added if money is spent, right? Isn't it bad to reward...

They invest your staked coins/let other people use them, just like banks do with people's money.
>>
>>2033297
i've done my research and very grateful for the advice from the goys here but as an australian i dont know the best place to buy btc, coinabse is too expensive(4%) and dont allow bank transfers here,

I heard BTC markets is good but they still havent sent me a registration email. any auscoiners ITT that can help?
>>
How do you spot pump and dump shitcoins?
>>
>>2035022
You can purchase your coins through your bank account without being verified. You'll still have to wait the verification process out (one time inconvenience) but you get locked in at the price you bought them for. There's no way to speed it up unless you get on the phone with your bank and argue with those Jews about it.... and good luck with that. It's out of Coinbase's hands. I'm not sure what determines your weekly limit on debit/account but it can be raised by sending a request and waiting for them to review your account and approve/deny it. It's sort of a double edged sword though. On one end you can purchase as much as you want, but if anyone should hack your account at least they can't drain your bank account.
>>
>>2036210
Coinjar was easy to sign up to, easy to send cash via bpay and never had any issues cashing out.
>>
Why would a small successful short on polo net me a loss? Fees?
>>
File: IMG_1807.png (24KB, 569x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1807.png
24KB, 569x569px
Is pic related a good wallet for iphone users?
>>
>>2033437
>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcaH-6EviBkblNGZ05CbFMyOEE/view
THANKS
>>
>>2037849
it is shit with zec
>>
File: loam.png (32KB, 488x434px) Image search: [Google]
loam.png
32KB, 488x434px
>tfw just dumped $500 into crypto
Wish me luck bros.
>>
>>2038076
What coins did you buy?
>>
Why is BUB being pumped so hard on Yobit?
>>
Coinbase requires me to upload an ID.

Should I do this or go to another site? (EU fag btw)
>>
>>2036105
>>2036156

I too would like to know this.
>>
sup /biz/, been lurking these crypto threads for a bit and learned a lot so far. I'm on coinbase and could start buying but I gotta get some noob questions sorted out:

Should I sign up for multiple exchanges? I like that coinbase can insure me up to a good amount. I don't know shit about exchanges like bittrex, bitfinex, and poloniex. Is it worth getting on these exchanges to try and trade some alt-coins on top of holding btc/eth? I also don't like the fees on coinbase but I assume the others have fees too. I guess it boils down to me being skeptical on these exchanges and me being new to crypto, which leads to my next big concern.

How can you secure the money you put into this stuff? I saw a review for a hardware wallet and it seems like the only way to really be sure. I know coinbase has a wallet for you to hold but from what I understand you can only use that money on their exchange. Is there a safe wallet that I can get to trade across multiple exchanges?

Last thing I'm trying to figure out is a good charting platform. Bitcoinwisdom is the best I've found so far, what do you guys prefer? I don't see ETH on Bitcoinwisdom and from what I can tell it doesn't keep track of ETH or some exchanges.

thanks
>>
File: 1443893714064-1.gif (73KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
1443893714064-1.gif
73KB, 600x563px
You have $15k to can sink into crypto. You have to cash out after one month.

What do?
>>
>>2038232
You game for shitcoins or no?
>>
File: 1493816674371.png (29KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1493816674371.png
29KB, 354x286px
>>2038232
put half of it on XBY cuz it will hit bittrex in ~2 weeks when static nodes activate and x10 most likely
>>
>>2038242

Yep.
>>
we're recruiting for our crypto group once more.

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAD_I8F7U7ABtWKuLCw

more info:
>>2038328
>>
>>2038245
I'm itching to get my shit verified so I can dump thousands into XBY
>>2038325
In that case, dump everything 40/30/15/15into XBY/LTC/FRN/ETH
>>
>>2036156
>>2038176

Stellar now 1200 WTF is going on?? Any news? is it the new ETH ??
>>
>>2038228
Gemini is pretty dope as far as I've used.

Also, yobit and poswallet both give out free shitcoin to scrubs. They are staking coins so they'll grow in both qty and value over time.
>>
>>2038338

It's down like 15% in the last 5 minutes lol. 2-day P&D op?
>>
>>2038332
XBY is not a shitcoin. Just registered my static node. It's legit. If they can pull it off XBY gonna be top 10.
>>
>>2033297
>>2033297
Nocoiner here, please tell me something

Is it true people can become bitcoin/cryptocoin possessors without revealing their identity?
Or leaving behind any trails?
You have to buy cryptocoins with fiat money at first, so you must give your credit card/bank account/debit card

I'm asking this because, lets imagine you have some huge debt and you get hit with a levy of execution, nobody wants his 1 million $ bitcoins to be taken by the state
Neither to have it taxed
>>
>>2038379
How does one get into cryptocoin while keeping his money to himself, no taxation, just getting lots of cryptocoins, then exchanging them for money and buy stuff, without getting anally taxed to death.
>tfw wageslave
>tfw want to use the little money I have saved up, from an already taxed income, to make some dosh enough to buy a car in a year or two
>>
LTC going a absolutely nuts

What's the deal?
>>
>>2038415
>buy anonymous coin (Monero, zCash, etc)
>trade it for other coins if you like

No trail should exist. But don't take my word for it. I'm not an expert.
>>
How does a novice get into trading these? Am I missing something with Blockfolio? How can I not deposit and buy things
>>
>>2033297
The fuck you on about? There isn't a trillion's worth of cryptos in existence.
>>
>>2038883
Thank you.
>>2038379
>>2038415
Could anybody tell me some more, please?
>>
File: t9Xd0sV.png (165KB, 1342x877px) Image search: [Google]
t9Xd0sV.png
165KB, 1342x877px
just according to keikaku
>>
In your short opinion: XBY, POSW or PIVX
>>
>>2039014
XCP
>>
>>2038959
Blockfolio is used to track the overall portfolio of coins (which may be spread out over several different accounts) rather than to buy/trade coins. You'll want an account somewhere like Coinbase, Poloniex or Kraken to start with crypto.
>>
>>2039014
XRP
>>
tfw ETC is literally making me want to kill myself.
>>
Don't buy the top guys, I won't say that the coins mentioned before me will crash soon, but be careful!

Btw: check out LSK
>>
I'm a nocoiner and can someone give me the precautions when starting? like I know you have to verify your identity for coinbase and kraken so is it totally safe to give your real identity? how do I make sure hack3rz don't get into my wallet? and if I have some cash to spare- the worst that happens is that I lose what I invested, right? I think I want to invest around 500$.
>>
>>2038959
You deposit money from a bank to an exchange and buy cryptos from there. Blockfolio is just an accumulative crypto portfolio viewing app. You input all your trades from all your sites and it tracks their total worth for you, showing movements in value. Very useful for keeping an eye on all your holdings.
>>
>>2035217
LTC will hit $30+ when segwit is activated in a few days.
ETH will pop, it's just a bubble upon speculation. I get the feeling there are more than a few shills for ETH that creep around this board...
>>
Does BTC pay out dividends for people who stay in or do you have to short in order to get your money?

Do any coins pay out dividends?
>>
WA fag here. Would like to get back in on the altcoin money train but this shit state keeps cucking me. Does anyone know of any exchanges still operating here or am I completely fucked?
>>
>>2039401
Bittrex and coinbase work, though coinbase isn't an exchange.

Poswallet.com, Liqui.io, and YoBit are your more underground options right now.
>>
>>2039414
Thanks fampai, will look into these.
>>
Is XBY legit? I want the next ETH I keep missing the rocket ships I'm gonna cry :(
>>
>>2039285
>ETH will pop, it's just a bubble upon speculation.
That's been said before it even hit $20. It's gonna go up.
LTC might go up, but it won't hit ETH prices anytime soon.
>>
>>2033447
>Heard about btc in 2012 but was in my liberal phase and some libtard site called it a scam and I blindly believed them
Man,I hate myself
>>
>>2039510
Don't worry I hate you too
>>
https://twitter.com/golemproject/status/859441909361762307
>>
>>2033744
Momentary lapse, though it'll probably take a few weeks before it starts going up again. Took it a while to stabilize around $50 before taking off again, will likely be the same for $100 now.
>>
File: rotchild.jpg (76KB, 599x752px) Image search: [Google]
rotchild.jpg
76KB, 599x752px
I have 1000 dollars. I want to put it into xby,wings ltc and etherum. Is it better to get all of these at 200 or stick to only two of these? If i were going stick to two, which ones would be the best in the long run?
>>
File: Revenue Tracker.jpg (70KB, 832x336px) Image search: [Google]
Revenue Tracker.jpg
70KB, 832x336px
Just figured out how to track live prices in Google Sheets.

If anybody wants to try it out, here is the code to place in the cell for BTC price:

=IMPORTXML("http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/","//span[@id='quote_price']")
>>
Is there any way to predict how much bitcoin or ETH or ltc are going to cap out to in the next couple of years or is everyone swimming in the dark? I don't want to waste these mad gains on greed or miss out on gains from weak hands.

Send help
>>
File: rarepepedirectory.jpg (94KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
rarepepedirectory.jpg
94KB, 900x600px
>>2040194
>>hating the player
>>not hating the game

why are /biz/ people so retarded?
>>
>>2040698
There is absolutely no reason why they would stop going up unless another coin took over or government interfered.
>>
File: 9niEDNf.png (86KB, 1009x462px) Image search: [Google]
9niEDNf.png
86KB, 1009x462px
I have a portfolio of ca. 250 usd on holytransaction which I fumble with every now and then, and about 0.02 BTC on yobit I use for betting on memecoins. I'm new to this, how do I win?
>>
Is it too late to make it to the moon? Completely new to cryptos
>>
>>2040801
depends on how much money you have to invest.
ETH will yield a bigger return for you than BTC, LTC would be more as than ETH but more risky, or you can buy shitcoins like XRP and pray you don't end up like the Challenger space shuttle.
>>
>>2040728
Or some people started selling then everyone saw the price moving down and started selling then everyone panics and it becomes a bear market.

That's how things usually work.
>>
I just threw down $3,000 on LTC

Pls reassure me this will be $5,000 in 2 weeks
>>
>>2040896

i feel like it's hit its resistance point at 30 bucks for a while

it'll probably rise but youre in for a wild ride senpai
>>
How does the Blockfolio app work? Can I link it to my Bittrex account?
>>
>>2040952
You have a manually input trades.
>>
damn, everything is going up except BTC and ETH, which are the biggest coins. I believe this will crash in the next week or so.
>>
Coinbase doesn't work in germanistan.
What do?

Any germans here to give some advice to a noob? How would I cash out?
>>
How do I add funds (USD) to my account on Yobit?
Every other exhange is retard proof, and every time they give you an error message that same error contains the solution (Eg: Not enough funds, click HERE to deposit)
>>
SYS seems like a good buy now. just a head up
>>
I'm holding 950 ripple, please tell me it's gonna get to one dollar
>>
New to this shit, I'm thinking of just taking $50 bucks and making a diverse portfolio of all the cheapest coins within the top 10

>500 Stellar
>500 NEM
>500 Ripple
>500 Golem
And then whatevers left over in Maidsafecoin.

Then just sitting on it all for a year unless one of them booms, then just realign to grow out.

Sound good for some extra cash for a wageslave collegefag trying to get their crypto start?
>>
>>2041100
Don't do this with 50 bucks. I started with like 200 and went from there. Buy dips, research the coins you are looking to buy, don't buy if the volume isn't high enough (400-500k) learn some technical analysis or at least look at some good YouTubers in the crypto space.
>>
>>2033297
Where does one acquire pepecash?
>>
I have €5k to invest in shitcoins or safer stuff.
Buying BTC is only looking at minimal returns unless you have a capital in the six digits to invest, right?
What are some stable, non-shit coins I can treat like I treat my gold investments? (ie: leave it in the attic until a news article tells me they exploded in value)
>>
Is Coinbase a good site to be your catch-all for administering your Big3? (BTC, ETH, LTC)
It's just so easy to use, famous and convenient in its every facet, but /g/ has ruined me and now I can't help but feel that anything with a pretty GUI is dead set on scamming me.
>>
>>2041142
ETH and LTC.
BTC is still worth the investment.
>>
>>2041115
Tuxechange, that thing is going to go crazy when the game is released.
>>
>>2041153

How do I split it? I was thinking of a three-way equal split (money spent-wise), since the lower the coin value, the higher the potential profit, but the higher the risk.
>>
Goddammit. I should just put all my BTC into lending since I keep missing the altcoin dips.
>>
>>2041157
I'd put the most into ETH. Maybe 50ETH/30BTC/20LTC.
Maybe swap BTC and LTC.
>>
>>2040705
>i have never understood the irony in this image
>>
>>2041215
Well, the dip just came. Got in on LTC and XRP.

>tfw had almost 400 LTC and sold them when they were around $4 back in Feb
>>
What's the fee to transfer BTC to a poloniex account? I want to start exchanging crypto on poloniex.
>>
>>2041641
I'm also using Coinbase, if that matters
>>
Just posw my shit up senpai
>>
ETH
ETC
XMR
BTC
LTC

looking at a solid 50% gain at least by summer
>>
File: 1493187001331.png (24KB, 344x499px) Image search: [Google]
1493187001331.png
24KB, 344x499px
>>2035117
The scary thing about this is they could make it dump just as easy and start the whole process over again. It's very suspicious to me XRP started this huge pump at the same time as ETH. It makes it pretty much impossible to speculate on when they control the supply and ultimately the price.
>>
>>2033437
>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcaH-6EviBkblNGZ05CbFMyOEE/view
Thank you anon
>>
File: xrp wall.jpg (85KB, 919x401px) Image search: [Google]
xrp wall.jpg
85KB, 919x401px
>>2041687
All they would have to do to cause a dump is throw up some huge walls like this and it would come crashing down the same way it did a month ago. When they control the supply it would take little effort to accomplish. Then wait a month until everything settles and new money shows up, remove the walls, make an announcement that some new banks are joining, and boom it pumps again.
>>
Should I hold onto my ethereum or sell now lads?
>>
>>2034348
Like you can make decent gains with that little money. Poor stay poor mate.
>>
Just noticed that a market order I'd opened for Crown filled yesterday and the price has already nearly doubled from where I bought it at. Coupled with XRP's rise this has been a damned good weekend for me.
>>
Also what sites do people use for gambling with cryptocurrencies? I'd previously just used buttcoins to buy shit online, but one of my coworkers routinely makes over a $100 while betting on sports games and shit on his phone while at work. Doubt I'll do as well as him but it could help pass the time I imagine. I just googled bitcoin gambling and they all look pretty shady
>>
>>2041758
I started with $100, now I have $30,000. It's possible.
>>
>>2041781
Do you trade at all, or did you just hold with what you bought initially?
>>
>>2041775
betcoin is nice but you can't use bitcoin gambling sites if you are in the USA
>>
>>2041783
My initial strategy was just to put a little bit into all kinds of shitcoins and just wait for them to pump. This worked pretty well but now I'm working on a more consistent trading method.
>>
>>2040824
And then everyone sees the price dropping and buys cheap.
>>
Any sites like coinbase that allow for CC transfer immediately after signing up?
I don't want to miss the XBY train but I'm getting into coins now so I'd have to wait fucking aeons to spend any serious money anywhere.
>>
>>2041825
Coinbase does but you're gonna have a $150 weekly limit on a new account using a CC.
>>
>>2042000

I already hit my limit on coinbase, hence why I asked about other sites like it
>>
>>2042004
Gotcha. With coinmama you have a $5000 daily limit with a CC but the fees are higher.
>>
File: 1485727786659s.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1485727786659s.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
Best place to buy everything but BTC, give me your opinions. I've read coinbase passes data to the government but could be meme. Give me your opinions on where to buy
>>
File: 1493183246333.jpg (854KB, 1169x946px) Image search: [Google]
1493183246333.jpg
854KB, 1169x946px
So how much money have you made off of memecoins anon? You have a regular job right?
>>
>>2042064

Made more this week on crypto than I did wagecucking
>>
File: IMG_0386.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0386.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>
how do I separate shill posts from actual advice? I'm just a poorfag looking for a quick buck
>>
what wallet types are you using in general?

online wallets seem risky
>>
>>2042064
I started last Thursday with $700, now I have $839.
>>
>>2042415
what did ya buy?
>>
>>2042064

I make €1.5k a month, but I still live with my parents' money, so it's 100% money I can waste
It feels like an enormity, compared with what other anons have to work with, not counting the "Kek, >not having a BTC count in the 7 digits" totally legit anons
>>
>>2042064
Threw $500ish into ETH when it was $49, now I have around $1000
>>
>>2034309
Where can I buy XBY in the US?
>>
>>2042050
I am very worried about this. Coinbase is the first place most new people go to buy BTC, plus they have access to identity so I feel like the government definitely knows about how much you spent and withdrew at the very least.

I just don't want to get fucked by the IRS.
>>
how do i go about transferring a 3 year old wallet.dat with 11000 dogecoins so i can play about with crypto?
>>
What do i buy now that everything is mooning?
>>
>>2042581
You could transfer .01 BTC in and out of your wallet 1000x. How will they know if it's fresh currency or the same lot being moved around?
>>
XRP just made 10%
>>
>>2042641
IRS won't care. All they give 2 shits about are sales, and will assume a cost basis of 0 if there's no record of your purchase. That's what happens if you daytrade stocks for a year in the US and don't file your taxes. They say, "hey, this guy sold 4 million in stocks and didn't pay taxes on it" because they don't know his cost basis was also near 4 million.
>>
>>2041029
I use anycoin.eu
>>
>>2042653
I think IRS only cares about what gets to your bank account

Whatever happens on your virual wallets is well beyond their reach
>>
>>2042691
That site has strange payment methods
> Bancontact / Mistercash
>Giropay
>iDEAL
>Mybank
>SEPA
>Sofort
>TrustPay
I only know what SEPA is
>>
>>2042746
Coinbase being FDIC insured on your fiat means that shit is hitting some radars. Will probably take a few years for it to be noticed because 1) the IRS isn't going to care about gains on a low $ amounts, and 2) is understaffed and behind the times on tech. However, if you catch someone's eye and they want to throw you in jail, and a forensic accountant starts tracking your finances, they could try and staple your balls to the wall.
>>
>>2042764
If you cash coins out to your bank account and pay an income tax, I don't think they'll go after you.

For better safety, you can trade on another exchange using a VPN. They typically don't ask for verification if you're not planning to deposit. But that's a redundancy.
>>
What about tax in the UK, I assume I only need to pay if I cash out for profit. How does that work
>>
What site do UK/EU people use to buy?
>>
How come no one is talking about iconomi?
>>
Hey guys, check AMP (Synereo) on Poloniex now.. bullflag. It will pump soon!
Easy fly to 15k once it starts moving. Worth the risk imo. I'm in.
>>
File: IMG_20170507_132332.jpg (84KB, 1264x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170507_132332.jpg
84KB, 1264x478px
Get in on CLAM guys
>>
If I time travel to the early 2000s/late 90s, how do I buy Bitcoin?
>>
File: C8lh_8DXgAAnEEi.jpg (45KB, 800x455px) Image search: [Google]
C8lh_8DXgAAnEEi.jpg
45KB, 800x455px
>>2042893
Forgot le pic
AMP #pumpit
>>
>>2042752
Sofort is an expensive service that allows you to make immediate SEPA transactions. But you get your coins (or money if your selling) ASAP.
The other ones dont matter.
>>
>>2042909
Make a shitload of money and wait for Bitcoin to happen.
>>
>>2042970
I understand that but what exactly does one need to buy very early Bitcoins? Do I need to be friends with someone? Again asking from a early 2000s perspective.
>>
>>2042985
>early 2000s
Yeah bud, still need to wait for bitcoin to happen.
>>
>>2034293
I feel like a bit of a naive goy for putting money into GNT desu senpai
>>
>>2042985
For an idea of how and when, try reading the first two fucking sentences of Bitcoin's wikipedia article
>>
If the same growth I had in the last 24 hours continues for 1 month, my £300 will turn into £40,000. In 2 months, it turns into nearly £5 million. For just half a year at the same levels of growth, I end up with this much from my initial £300: £1,233,433,752,975,161.25

I hope it continues at the same level of growth every day desu.
>>
What do I do to safely update my official XBY wallet without losing my shit? It tells me I need to update but there's no damn update button, and even though I have the wallet backed up already I'm afraid I'll fuck something up

>>2043009
That's not how spikes work
>>
>>2042905
Just a reminder that CLAM has the potential to hit top 15 marketcap today. Last chance fellas
>>
>>2043005
Another question then.
If I am indeed a time traveler what other crypto currencies do you recommend buying and then selling, and when exactly, to be more precise?
I love you guys more than I trust Wikipedia.
>>
>>2043022
How'd you even set up the wallet in the first place? Need to cop me some but haven't done much reading on it
>>
>>2043063
ETH at 3 cents
>>
>>2043045
Money's on CLAM.

OY VEY HERE WE GO BOYS
>>
File: 1303758214759.jpg (24KB, 534x443px) Image search: [Google]
1303758214759.jpg
24KB, 534x443px
Are Spectrocoin and Kraken trustworthy?
Any other sites I can sign up on that have the option of buying BTC right after you're signed up?

I'm trying to reach 1BTC no matter how many sites I have to sign up onto, but I'm trying not to get scammed in the process.

Any other sites I could try on top of those? I'll need at least another 3
>>
>>2043111
Localbitcoins
>>
>>2043117

Already hit the 760 euro (0.5BTC) limit for new accounts on that
I'll need something else
>>
Can someone explain what 'Change' is on Poloniex? I assumed it was just the percentage of change in price but that doesn't seem correct.
>>
>>2042840

This.

Where can I buy $5000 of bitcoin right now this instant? Do I just use credit card?

Then where do I go trade btc for alts? How long does it take to clear transactions? What are transaction costs? How easy now it to dump coins after landing on the moon?
>>
>>2042985
Bitcoin went live in 2009 and you could mine it on your computer,not sure when the first exchange popped up.
>>
>>2033493
biggest advice I can give you is that most the threads that pop up saying "why havent you bought [insert shit coin here] yet" are literally there to pump and dump and you should never buy them.

Trust the top 5 coins well, the top 10 most the time, and the top 50 only if you need to find something new to dump money into.

Also any coin worth anything will be listed on polo or kraken.

Best way to make gains is to buy a shit ton, and forget about it for a year. You can make a lot daytrading, but its a lot to focus on and in the end I personally make more money just ignoring it while I work at my job since I make 86k anyway.
>>
>>2043111
Kraken is trustworthy, no idea about spectro, this is my first time hearing of it.
>>
THE NEM ROCKET SHIP TO THE MOON HAS TAKEN OFF. BUY NOW BEFORE IT LEAVES THE STRATOSPHERE
>>
>>2043175
where to buy?
>>
File: TOPCUCK.jpg (50KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
TOPCUCK.jpg
50KB, 400x560px
>>
File: 1494191463296[1].jpg (95KB, 1293x807px) Image search: [Google]
1494191463296[1].jpg
95KB, 1293x807px
NEM
>>
File: 1493670069365s.jpg (5KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
1493670069365s.jpg
5KB, 200x210px
>tfw lost 1 BTC cuz of polo crash
>>
>>2040504
papa bless your soul
ty ty ty ty ty ty
>>
I just tried to buy $50 of bitcoin through coinbase, but in my history it says the transaction was canceled. Any reason why?
>>
IM MISSING EVERY PUMP AND HALF MY MONEY IS TIED UP IN STRAT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
AMP last call for early entry before the breakout

De nada
>>
>>2043229
I think there is some way to input a function to make it refresh faster, but for now I think it only refreshes every hour or so.

>>2043265
Probably insufficient funds. Call your bank if not.
>>
Am I right in thinking, if I buy and sell in cash on one of the marketplaces, its totally untraceable by the tax man?
>>
I just lended out for 1,99%
>>
>>2043472
devilish
>>
Threw $20 into ETH @ 97.25 as my first crypto purchase, did I fuck up not buying at the dip or will it be alright in the long run, hoping for the long term continuous climb
>>
>>2043627
Either you missed the dip and some gains but ultimately still make money, or you didnt miss a dip and make maximum gains. Dont worry about it.
>>
>>2043063
For a time traveler you seem to grasp a woefully missing understanding of looking at price charts.

You can just look at price histories of every coin you have even remote passing interest in and use them to know exactly when to buy, sell and short. With all the right moves in all the right places you could go from ten bucks to billions
>>
>>2033297

Is there any other legit sites besides Coinbase that take cards? I already limited out with them.

Gemini isn't in my state, and Bitstamp's card system is down atm.

tfw
>>
>>2043659
You don't know how fucking HIGH-STRUNG I've been for the last 4 days because fucking coinbase and kraken won't get my shit verified
>>
>>2043336
Strat a good hold though. Dump new money into other shit.
>>
>planned to buy XRP once BTC arrives on Tuesday from last week's order
>XRP spikes within that span

fucking coinkikes are costing me gains. Catching these moon rockets when you can only put money in one week at a time is a pain. What coins that haven't been surging to ATH's should I invest in? Considering BAY because judging from the chart and its growth patterns it's due to explode soon. I feel like the XRP train has passed for now.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>2044239
You should have get everything done 2 weeks ago. It takes time bruh, get used to it.

Should I buy some Stellar Lumens? Is it going to dip more or go back up?
>>
>>2033297

Anyone have trouble moving ETH to Bittrex?

It shows as a completed transaction on Coinbase, but it hasn't showed up at all on my Bittrex wallet.
>>
>>2038810
segwit
>>
>>2040194
ltc is going nuts rn with segwit activcation, thats the one to look out for imo
>>
>>2040948
why is the resitance point starting again now? with segwit activation around the corner
>>
>>2044307
Depositing BTC took a while for mee as well. Got it transferred in less than an hour however
>>
File: buyandsell.png (52KB, 1499x289px) Image search: [Google]
buyandsell.png
52KB, 1499x289px
Maybe I don't understand Poloniex, what's with this?

Someone wants to sell a coin for .0408 and someone wants to buy for more than that, .0435 -- and nothing is happening? How can that be a thing?
>>
>>2044903
You only buy at the price you set it at its not going to buy it cheaper and give you the change this isnt runescape
>>
>>2044925
but thats retarded? Limit orders on most brokerages dont work like that
>>
>>2044925
Does runescape have an exchange? I wouldn't know because I'm not a fucking child.
>>
>>2044940
I used to rape the Grand Exchange

It's probably where all these little kiddies learned to daytrade lol
>>
>>2033297
should I buy more ETH now or wait for the correction?
>>
File: joe.png (237KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
joe.png
237KB, 443x600px
>tfw I had 20,000 XEM a few weeks ago, and sold at well under half it's current price
>>
File: 1493844310700.jpg (288KB, 710x855px) Image search: [Google]
1493844310700.jpg
288KB, 710x855px
>>2044949
>mfw spinach rolls used to be worth 3k each
>>
>>2044949
I learned in EVE, not even memeing
>>
File: 1493606550690.jpg (47KB, 660x396px) Image search: [Google]
1493606550690.jpg
47KB, 660x396px
>mfw exhanges wont verify me so i can stock up on rocket fuel

>missing out on all these gains

i have never been this mad
>>
File: 1453502887037.png (238KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
1453502887037.png
238KB, 700x393px
>tfw didnt listen to /biz/ and all in bitcoin

i can already picture the lambo
>>
Are there any desktop trading platforms that allow for technical analysis? I like to draw all over my shit.

If not, is there a good website to use?
>>
File: bobby.jpg (45KB, 740x721px) Image search: [Google]
bobby.jpg
45KB, 740x721px
>>2045327
>not just randomly buying shitcoins on a whim and reaping the almost unbelievable rewards
>>
Why are all cryptos tanking right now?

Has the bubble burst? Is it over bros?
>>
>>2044949
Fuuuuaaarrrrkkkkk. So this is where my obsession comes from...
>>
>>2045346
>Implying
>>
>pull out of eth at .058
>put btc into STR at 246
>sell right as it crashes at 275
Living life on the edge or just a genius?
>>
Polo just cost me 20% profit because their shit-tier fucking servers couldn't open my XRP short position in time.
Fucking joke
>>
should i be panicking about ethereum
>>
>>2045364
I know, I was about to sell STR when it was at its peak when the site fucked up. Poloniex can go to hell.
>>
Where do I start on crypto? Anyone point me to some reading material?
>>
>>2045372
bitcoin wiki
read the introduction and getting started
>>
>>2045369
Hold your long, this won't mean shit in a month from now.
>>
>>2045378
this is the flaw with human nature that keeps us from all being rich
i KNEW from the start this would be an INVESTMENT but my hands are getting weak less that a week in
ill wait it out and pray for $200 eventually
>>
day trading is not for the weak guys thats what I want to say
>>
>>2045382
Get yourself into an induced coma.
>>
>>2045382
You'll get use to this after few months. Just don't do stupid shit like using leverage to short or buy
all time highs
>>
File: sOu2Lc6.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sOu2Lc6.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
Mfw I just made $800 playing that fucking dice game
That's where the real dollars are boys
>>
>>2045442
Dice game?
>>
so i tried to get in on the XRP train..What a disaster..way too late..going back to eth
>>
>>2033297
Ok I make $70 a week. How much does that translate into if I put it in the current meme coin?
>>
>>2045446
On YoBit there is a game where you guess if a number will be <49 or>51
My maths was shit and I was accidentally betting AUD200 a roll
>>
>>2045446
etheroll.com (not same guy)
>>
crypto daytrading; a reckless, retarded strategy, /biz/?
>>
>>2045448
Did you lose any coins?
>>
>>2033297
>Finding that 7 eth on a wallet on an old desktop from two years ago

There's no better feeling than half a k out of thin air.
>>
>>2045545
You'd have better success taking your wallet and lighting it in fire desu
>>
Can anyone give this noOZcoiner some advice. Whats a good site for an australian to get a wallet and the best place for them to buy/sell their crypto?
>>
>>2045442
>>2045523
Ah I just lost all my bitcoin
>>
Newbie no coiner here, which is a good place to buy ETH with euros, keep it and switch it back to euros and withdraw them to the bank account?
I've been reading that coinbase withdrawals get stuck
>>
>>2045740
kraken
>>
Lumens or lite coin?
>>
First time trader, how long does EUR normally take to deposit into my account via GateHub?
>>
>>2046237
Approx 12-18 hours
>>
>>2046265
Cheers
>>
>>2033793

this. dont buy coins that are named after a person, tv, cartoon, or movie character, meme, etc.. None are endorsed by what they are named after and many violate trademarks and copyrights.
>>
>>2033863
I think it has a lot of potential in the long term. I got myself 138k XBY so we'll see.
>>
>>2033793
Even if it isn't, it's just sitting there being pumped and dumped and is a complete waste of time.

I sat in the Milo mess for a couple of months, ended up losing money in the long run.

Coins to avoid are

Milo
BitBean
Putincoin
Lepencoin
Trumpcoin

^anything like that - avoid avoid avoid.

Think reasonably, think - would a big corporation look at this coin and think, yeah, I'll invest? If the answer is no, don't you be investing there!

Even if it rises in value, hold your ground, its the only way to protect your money.
>>
>>2034131
POS basically works like a lottery, you "stake your coins" to aid calculations.it's like a little bit of processing power is added.

Sometimes you win big, sometimes you don't, but using mathematics magic, you will at least win once, maybe twice a day dependent on your investment.
>>
>>2034293
Kek Kekkity kek.

funny and wise.
>>
>>2033785
>>2033793
honestly milo isnt that bad of an idea right now

low 3 digit satoshi, i wish i had bought into trump at that price instead of 3k

>>2046355
>None are endorsed by what they are named after and many violate

im not worried about this with milo
also his right hand man is into crypto and posted about trumpcoin so its actually kinda likely that milo is aware of milocoin
>>
I transferred $2.00 of BTC from coinbase to Polo, now its valued at $1.11, not having to do with a BTC dip or anything, but why is there so much taken out from my transfer? Is it just not all the way transferred?
>>
File: average british woman.jpg (193KB, 901x1204px) Image search: [Google]
average british woman.jpg
193KB, 901x1204px
Total pleb to Crypto here.

Say you were investing in like 5-10 different coins, how would you store and keep track of them?
>>
What should I do with £250? Longterm investment on coinbase
>>
File: 1493934495046.png (167KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1493934495046.png
167KB, 500x737px
>>2045253
>>
>>2046703
>2010+7
>not sinking in a few cents to buy 25000 LEPEN in case of post-election shenaningans, which are appearing more and more imminent

Two possible situations
>Oh no I lost enough money to pay for a McDank

>2020: Oh no the tax man is coming after me over my millions of dollars I won on a shitcoin bet
>>
>>2047793
Find wallets you like and track on blockfolio. Not necessarily a good real-time tracker but it gives you a good general picture.
>>
Still looking to figure out how to update my XBY wallet safely. Also, could someone redpill me on how to set up staking/ static nodes? It tracks staking in my wallet but doesn't give me any option to start staking.

>>2043077
XBY's site has a free official wallet available for download. Buy XBY on an exchange that carries it and send it direct to your XBY wallet.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.