[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riddle me this... If crypto really is the future, why not simply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1487966565268.jpg (90KB, 792x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487966565268.jpg
90KB, 792x1024px
Riddle me this...

If crypto really is the future, why not simply buy and hold at regular intervals (for example, putting $100 into the crypto market every Sunday) into the top dozen or so coins based on market cap (perhaps $50 into ETH, $30 into BTC, and $20 into LTC + whatever altcoins you want)

This makes more sense than spending hours buying and selling, meanwhile your gains are being eaten up by (((fees)))

Pls respond desu
>>
>>2030652
Dollar cost averaging is the best way to lose gains. Just do a lump sum investment into the coins you believe in.

Once cryptomarkets as a whole hit 100B+ marketcap, Wall Street will start shilling it. Once you have Goldman Sachs shilling crypto, you will see some serious shit.
>>
>>2030652
this is what im doing because youre right. as long as you dont put it into something completely retarded and keep watch for the next ETH fork you dont have to be trading all the time. but theres some new folks that like to feel theyre the next denzel washington in wolf of wall street
>>
>>2030652
Your advice is sound. People aren't doing this because
1) They think they can make more money faster by trying to time the market.
2) They're avoiding/haven't realized the tax consequences of day trading
>>
>>2030652
I'm about to start doing this actually.
>>
File: 1467447263949.png (4KB, 549x580px) Image search: [Google]
1467447263949.png
4KB, 549x580px
>>2030662
what would it take to get goldstein and friends to shill for crypto now?
>>
>>2030652
Overall I think the earlier you get in, the better. There is an ever-expanding money supply. Many other asset classes are just going up and up and up.
>>
>>2030662
>Just do a lump sum

When?

>When you see the dip

How do you know when you've reached the bottom?

>I don't.

Exactly, that's why dollar cost averaging works.

Instead of missing out by trying to see into the future, you make steady gains and buy more when the coin is "on sale"
>>
>>2030694
They wouldn't the problem is that in order for institutions to shill crypto, there must be enough evidence of gains & a large enough market.

When crypto is larger than blue chip companies, the shilling will commence.
>>
>>2030700
Dont look for a dip. Stop looking at just Ethereum, there are better investments out there. I'm not telling you to waste 100% of your money on crypto, but a good plan would be to allocate 40-50% of it in the 3-4 crypto you believe are the best long term bets.
>>
>>2030694
Also, if you look at AMD as an example, analysts didn't bat an eye until it was already $8+. When people were shilling AMD at 2-3$, analysts would be laughed at if they recommended it.

Their jobs rest on calling out predictable short term gains, so they can make their institutions seem smart even though they don't know more than the market.
>>
>>2030700
He's not wrong about committing a lump sum, though. If you really believe that the asset can only rise in the long term, then putting anything you can into it earlier will generate the most return, rather than buying at a higher and higher rate as time goes on.
>>
>>2030908
"Over the long term" doesn't imply it'll rise steadily..there will be plenty of dips along the way. Who knows after the summer prices could start plummeting for some reason, only to slowly build back over the next few years.
>>
>>2030921
Right, It's all guesswork one way or another. DCAers just guess that the asset they're investing in won't exhibit steady growth. But consider, who would have made the most return, someone who bought $36K worth of Bitcoin at once when they were $100 each in 2014, or someone who bought 36K worth of Bitcoin in 1K per month increments over the past three years since then? If you have the opportunity to get in early enough on something with lots of room to grow, then DCA is a less successful strategy. In my honest opinion, it's still early enough for most worthwhile Crypto (not memecoins) that lump summing may be the smarter choice right now.
>>
>>2030652
>for example, putting $100 into the crypto market every Sunday
That's what I do. Except it's $75 in ETH and $25 in GNT
>>
>>2030980
what are the most worthwhile cryptos?
>>
>>2031011
ETH is the obvious one, but there's a lot of interest in piece of shit wallet right now as a future decentralized wallet and trading platform. Monero is also a very viable alternative to BTC for people who are more concerned with privacy.
>>
>>2031011
thats the Ferrari question, isnt it?
>>
>>2030986
>he bought GNT
Yes goyim, buy my (((Golem))) shekels
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.