[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

remind me again, why do we hate rich dad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rich daddy.jpg (441KB, 2313x2313px) Image search: [Google]
rich daddy.jpg
441KB, 2313x2313px
remind me again, why do we hate rich dad?
>>
>>2027762
because he is a fraud and he gives shit impossible advice to poor people and takes their money.

basically it's like this
>make book about how to get rich easily.
>the book is largely filled with lies and anecdotes.
>in the end the conclusion is jut make some info product you dummy you will get rich!
>see? you bought this book and i got rich!
>>
>>2028223
that's actually a good strategy, people want to get motivated to start a business, hey I've got the book for you!
>>
>>2027762
Well the guy is shilling out stuff but most of what he says is rudimentary, like keep expenses low, make income go up. Etc. But he does say somethings that I personally have issues with such as
>buy IPOs they always go
>If you set up your own C-corp you can dodge getting taxed.

Which the second one is true but if you co-mingle assets then the courts can declare peircing the corporate veil and hold you liable for tax evasion.
>>
>>2028223
Lol wut
I only read 1 of the books that someone had laying around but it was basically teaching people about balance sheets income statements and cashflows

Also the poorfag mindset of buying new houses and cars
>>
>>2027762
Wait I'm reading this book right now.

What the hell? Why? What's wrong with it?

He makes some excellent points. People really do think dumb shit like their house is an asset to them to and they should work at a nice little job all their lives with the remote fear of being fired and thrown into hardship.
>>
>>2029683
I agree it's basic, rudimentary stuff. It's not a book on financial modeling or analysis for fuck's sake, it's a book about getting people started on the path to making money.
>>
>>2029683
nothing is wrong with the book as a standalone product. the issue is the author touring for years extracting loads of cash by reiterating points from his book which is actually standard practice.

the issue comes from his advice to sell an info product because it worked for him which is kind of circular logic.
>>
>>2029696
Oh I see.
Well I got it as a gift so I've been reading it in the evenings this week to relax. I don't care if it's remotely true or not even though some people seem to. It's still a fun little story about a guy who gets advice from 2 different people.
Didn't know about all that though.
>>
>>2029683
Nothing. Don't believe the haters.
>>
>>2027762
>remind me again, why do we hate rich dad?

Well, to start with, it's all based on a lie. For years Kiyosaki pretended it was true, but years later he started hinting that it was a parable.

His books are a mixture of the should-be-obvious, the subtly wrong, the obviously wrong, and the completely fucking clueless.

Out of the entire investing universe, he only knows something about marketing himself. His first business venture fell apart into bankruptcy, his second was with Amway, then doing a segue into self-publishing by selling books to his colleagues in Amway.

He plays fast and loose with tax issues.

Worst of all, he understands nothing of risk, and the relationship of risk to reward.

https://www.johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-reed-s-real-estate-investment-blog/61651011-john-t-reeds-analysis-of-robert-t-kiyosakis-book-rich-dad-poor-dad-part-1

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/review-rich-dad-poor-dad/
>>
>>2030847
Again, it's a nice story. Doesn't seem to matter much if it's true.
>>
I read the few parts of the book. The best thing I took from it was "buy things that make you money"
>>
>>2029683
Houses are assets, especially if they're in a good location. Starting businesses, taking risks, etc. isn't for everyone. The fact that the author uses the rich people's advice for poor/middle class people is stupid because everything is situational.
>>
>>2030864
Then you're in the minority and not /biz/ enough.

PROTIP: We're all jews and we want to take money to make more money. "Parables" won't cut it here.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.