[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aquaponics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: fish and plants and sheit.jpg (315KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
fish and plants and sheit.jpg
315KB, 1280x960px
is aquaponics actually a viable investment?
>already have a large piece of land to build it on and I live in third world so cheap af labor

has anyone tried it before and how did it go?
>>
>>2022475
Yeah, but you need to have a proper business-plan. I do notice some of these farang-owned farms on sale sometimes in SEA
>another dream broken

People I have read about that do make it work, have an angle where they, for example, sell different types of lettuce to fancy restaurants. Providing a good quality product that does not get the clientele sick, is a decent angle.
>>
I build a system once, it doesnt work as good as people claim on the internet.
>>
File: 1474171169230.jpg (48KB, 498x488px) Image search: [Google]
1474171169230.jpg
48KB, 498x488px
>>2022475
more like a aeroponics desu senpai
>>
>>2022563
The common problem I see with failed commercial aquaponics is that their overhead is too large which is a problem I can mostly avoid

The main problem that I see is the lack of customers
Aside from restaurants and grocery stores, I can't really compete in a local market with other producers in terms of price

I can't really think of any other major problem

>>2022594
how underwhelming was it and how did it perform compared to geoponics?

>>2022618
we're not in space
>>
>>2022563
>sell different types of lettuce to fancy restaurants.
it seems that most people are stuck on lettuce and soft greens and herbs.
while there is money in this, it is the wrong plan.

>>2022475
OP yes, this is the future (not memeing)
not aquaponics per se, but something similar.

>I can't really compete in a local market with other producers in terms of price
you've the wrong products then, or the wrong marketing.
i will move into this field (so to speak) in 2018. you need to review your plans if they are not working out.
>>
>>2022879
>it seems that most people are stuck on lettuce and soft greens and herbs
I'm actually planning on growing plants like tomatoes, cucumbers and strawberries

>you've the wrong products then, or the wrong marketing.
I was just assuming that I would the same yield as a normal farmer (currently doing small-scale tests on it), he would have a lower overhead than me and could offer lower prices
>>
>>2022475
Set up a fully self sustaining thing with fish that feed the plants and vice versa. Sell the food you generate for whatever you can but sell food contracts to preppers. Say for $x per month they can reserve a portion of food production in a shtf scenario.
>>
>>2023262
>Set up a fully self sustaining thing with fish that feed the plants and vice versa
I actually plan to grow duckweed to feed the fish
Feeding the plants isn't much of a problem since I know someone who is willing to pay me to get rid of chicken manure

>Sell the food you generate for whatever you can but sell food contracts to preppers

What makes this better than just stocking up in their home for a shtf scenario?
>>
>>2023400
Because this stock never runs out
>>
>>2023434
fair enough

I'm in a third world shithole though so I'm not sure if there are a lot of preppers here, but it's still extra money

I'll just probably set up a small website or something
>>
File: 1493406772635s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493406772635s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>2023458
Hey anon, i am going to start studying argi/biz/ in september, I am from germany, you may wanna get into contact ?
I am intrested in aquaponic, but i only got not really deep information on the web, exspecially for the bacteria and wich kind of fish sells good.
And the most thing i wonder is how much fishs for how much plants ?
>>
>>2023515
you can hmu at discord (NotGaiseric#1391) or [email protected]

my knowledge is mostly from the internet as well plus some tips from a friend working in a hydroponics lab
>>
>>2023551
where you from ?
>>
File: duterte-pepe.png (195KB, 640x325px) Image search: [Google]
duterte-pepe.png
195KB, 640x325px
>>2023570
philippines

pic related
>>
File: 79c.jpg (58KB, 680x425px) Image search: [Google]
79c.jpg
58KB, 680x425px
>>2023579
kek, i am half thai and visite my family sometimes, i think you shoul better get into "Terra Preta" production, of in food processing, like rice milling or canning pineapple, a rice mill for around 18t costs 8000 USD, you got skype ?
>>
>>2023621
rice milling is kind of a saturated market here

my skype is aids_skrillex
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.