[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forensic Accounting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20170430-WA0007.jpg (84KB, 919x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170430-WA0007.jpg
84KB, 919x1024px
So I recently met a guy on another forum and he suggested I enroll in forensic Accounting to make a switch from insurance to audit or Finance. I have a bachelor's in Accounting and feel comfortable with Accounting concepts.

Is this a good diploma to get in Toronto and is it really worth the hype.
>>
I know guys in divorce with this field who basically determine what a fair split is

They do well
>>
>>2018088
Sounds like a nice niche.
>>
>>2017892
Also OP I'd recommend maybe taking some extra classes in the field, and then finding a low paying job; rather than getting another diploma. Truth be told experience is much better than a piece of paper, and you already have a bachelor's in accounting which should qualify you.
>>
>>2018142
That's what I thought but reality is different. It's hard to switch careers even from financial services to investment analyst or anything finance/accounting.

I've applied to hundreds of jobs in Toronto but it's just so hard to get an interview. I've been advised by career counselors and other people that employers prefer fresh college students with relevant degrees/diplomas to someone with experience in another related field.
>>
>>2017892
This is fine as long as you realize that you will hate yourself, get divorced, become Jewish and probably kill yourself by the age of 40
>>
>>2019287
Kek what
>>
>>2018255
That's because financial services is retail banking and investment analysts work under the "investment banking division" umbrella of the bank. Can you use your accounting knowledge to construct financial statements and project them? Also, are you good with excel (like can you use it without a mouse)? You may want to look into some consulting stuff. The jobs range from capital market advisory (advising other companies on capital raising through debt or equity) to M&A (the bulk of the work is seeing how much value one firm could get from buying another firm).
>>
>>2018088
sounds miserable but someone has to do it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.