[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I trust real estate agents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3315.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3315.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Should I trust real estate agents?
>>
Would you trust if a Jew walked in your house and started looking around?
>>
>>2016451
Why wouldn't I?
>>
>Should I trust someone who is trying to make money off of me
>>
>>2016457
He's trying to get those sweet commission bucks on a sale so he benefits by how much he sells my house for. The bigger the sale price the better the commission.
>>
>>2016447
Buying? Maybe. They will try to upsell to get you to buy more. They're kind of necessary to show you the places you want to see, unless you're willing to wait for open houses yourself.

Selling? Definitely. The realtor's goals and yours align - you're both trying to sell the house for as much as possible, and the realtor knows how to market and price your house so you get the most money.
>>
>>2016447
Trust them in what sense? You should not worry too much about trusting them to be competent in the mechanics of the transaction which is a big part of it, although you should research a little bit to make sure you're dealing with someone at least somewhat established. As far as value? Depends. The poster above me's view is common but I tend to disagree that agents always have peoples' best interests at heart 100% when selling. You have to make sure over everything else that the person you are dealing with is listening to your needs and asking you questions about your needs first and foremost. Yes when you are selling the agent benefits when you sell for a higher price but to many of them fast nickels are better than slow dimes (and you are just a numbers game for them to make 5% in under 45 days) whereas to you a slow dime could be what you are after and willing to deal with. I see agents in my area routinely doing what boils down to a liquidation by listing the property at an unrealistically low price and getting a bunch of buyers to start a bidding war because it is a seller's market. While this certainly can work at times, often there are seasonal factors that can have a huge impact and I have to wonder if people are "sold" into moving their house as quickly as possible via this method via scare tactics or some kind of assertion that this technique is somehow smarter. It's rarer and rarer to see a quality house listed for too high and sold with a reasonable 4-6 month marketing time. It could be a byproduct of the "instant gratification culture". For an issue of value if it is significant enough it might be worth it to seek out an independent appraisal (I'd recommend looking for small established fee appraisers who work in litigation). A real estate lawyer would likely also be more trustworthy for other issues relating to quirks in the sale process.
>>
>>2016451
>>2016456

If the Jew is selling for me, then yes.

If the jew is selling to me, then no.

A jew is genetically inclined to get the most shekels out of every interaction with humans.
>>
>>2016464
>>2017011
Lol no. RE agents are pieces of shit. they could give a fuck about the sale price of your house... Whether its 700,000 or 750,000 makes almost no dent in their bottom line considering the extra time they'll have to commit for a higher sale price. They want to sell your house fast since money in the pocket is better than a 5% bump in profit that may or may not materialize 4 months down the road.
>>
>>2018383
>>2018418
Wait, so it's bad to have a real estate try to sell your house for you, right?

Just put up ads online, etc., and do it yourself, right?
Just gotta be resilient with the price so you yourself don't get jewed.

Is that correct? But if you're the one buying the house, is it better to do it with a real estate agent?
>>
>>2016464

I'd rather take a low price on your house and been done with it and move onto the next one desu.

volume beats price any day of the week
>>
>>2017531
I had a bad experience with a tax accountant trying to jew me.

Since then, it really opened me up to how much I fucking hate the jewy lawyer, agent, accountant professions. Basically any of those Jewish service professions where they charge you out the ass claiming to get you a better deal in one way or another.
>>
>>2018438
Not necessarily. You just have to find a good agent and not get pushed around. RE agents definitely have their place, but it's entirely up to the person managing them. Whether you do it yourself or with an agent, it helps to be firm. Whichever way you go, it never hurts to talk to and interview multiple agents before you decide to go that route, or sell on your own.
>>
>>2018482
I'm >>2018455
and I just feel like I get fucking jewed every time I try to use services like this.

Like I end up making money but then they take a big cut and I always think "well wait a minute, I could have done everything this person did easily".
>>
>>2018499
Lol yeah. Most people are lazy and spineless though and for them, I recommend a professional. If you have confidence and are diligent about marketing and reading about RE, you can do it yourself. Find a good lawyer though (ask around at the big brokerages before you list your property).
>>
>>2018550
The tax one really fucking got me because I have read a lot of tax books and instructions and done all the due diligence myself and I made that thread complaining about it.

I eventually called the tax accountant jew the next day and backed out of the deal but he was beyond pissed off and wanted $100+ just for having considered us as compensation for his time without having actually done anything yet. That's when I realized that he was full of shit and that I could very, very easily do his job if I had time to take on a bunch of clients like he does. So I refused to pay and he said I wouldn't get my passport back til I paid, but I basically demanded it back so he said fine and we got out.

Unfortunately I really don't know much about real estate but I've seen house listings online.

Is the purpose of the lawyer to ensure that they can't claim I damaged the house after I sold it to them or something?
>>
>>2018564
From what I've seen, a good lawyer will cover your ass on things you might overlook. One that stands out is this one lawyer wouldn't shut the fuck up until the client bought storm insurance on his beach home and the lawyer even threatened to dump his client. Client relented, but was pissed - the next week, hurricaine sandy washed the house away and the client apologized profusely for doubting the lawyer.
Basically a competent real estate lawyer should know way more about the pitfalls of selling/buying a house than 99% of real estate agents.
>>
>>2018564
and good for you not paying for dogshit, your former lawyer sounds awful.
>>
>>2017011
nope this is wrong.

learn and do the math:

if he sells your house for 10.000 today he makes, let say, 1.000& commisson.

maybe he finds a buyer for 15.000 in 2 weeks, so his com. will be 1.500. will he wait? most likely not because its better for him to seal the deal asap and move on to the next client while you would be perfectly happy with waiting 2 weeks to make 5.000$ more.

--> use retail agent with fix prices or sell yourself!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.