[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World economy on cryptocurrency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: worldEconomy.jpg (107KB, 520x416px) Image search: [Google]
worldEconomy.jpg
107KB, 520x416px
What's going on guys? One BTC is selling for $1400 US dollars, ETH is at $80 currently, this is not normal. Is something going on with world economy that people with money are rushing to secure their assets in crypto?
>>
We'll revisit this thread if BTC hits $5000 and ETh hits $1000. Then you know the world economy is fucked
>>
>>2014291
Those are arbitrary numbers - a 4X increase in BTC and 10X increase in ETH would still be a fraction of world's economy.

What I'm concerned with is what happens on the margin - the rate at which capital is flowing into cryptos. I see no reason for it to be that high, there are literally 0 novel uses for them. Its all wealth preservation, but what are they preserving it from? A crash?
>>
File: YellencoinLifeExpectancy.png (19KB, 549x380px) Image search: [Google]
YellencoinLifeExpectancy.png
19KB, 549x380px
$500,000 BTC by 2030
>>
>>2014278
To me its more hard to find equitys that are not overpriced and bond yields that are high but not junk. So it makes me think about cryptos and I've never believed in precious metals investing or bear etfs.
>>
>>2014341
It's speculation anon.
>>
>>2014421
I was reading somewhere that 1 btc will be 500k by 2020 not 2030.
>>
>>2015295

Where? I would like to know.

Supposedly quantum computing could break bitcoin, but ETH is actually safe from it.
>>
>>2015312
It's from a couple months back but I found it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1819531.0
>>
>>2015295
In your dreams kek.
>March 1st 2018 - $8,950 per 1 BTC
It would be ridiculous if Bitcoin went up 600% in the next 10 months.
Then everyone would just buy 2 BTC for 2.8k right now and be a millionaire in 3 years.
Yeah I don't think so. $2000 by March 1st is a stretch, there's also a great possibility that it would actually drop it price because it's become a slow, high fee piece of shit.
>>
>>2015319
>https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1819531.0

>This post (below) in the comments is 100% correct. "the moon" is much smaller than you think.

I'm sorry but this is dreaming, the whole world isn't just going to jump on like techy earlybirds did. The gross world product is approximately 107 trillion and 107 trillion divided by the potential 21 million Bitcoin is around $5,000,000 so Scenario 1 suggests that nearly the entire world will have all of their money in Bitcoin within the next 4 years.

Wikipedia estimates that around 47% of the world uses the Internet based on 2016 statistics, but your scenario requires nearly three quarters of the world's GDP to be based online within 4 years. I appreciate that areas with less access to the Internet might have a lower GDP per capita, but still the scenario isn't just unfeasible, it's impossible.

Even scenario 2 is ridiculous because people don't just leap on new ideas which they don't necessarily understand. Especially when most people don't have unlimited data everywhere and the ability to just use their Bitcoin every day at any place.
>>
>>2015312
>but ETH is actually safe from it.

source other than your ass?
>>
>>2015312
everything including all coins, banks, the internet itself are vulnerable to quantum computers
>>
>>2015363

>there's also a great possibility that it would actually drop it price because it's become a slow, high fee piece of shit.

>What are settlement layers
>>
>>2014341
>unregulated markets
>random pump n dumps happen
surprise surprise
>>
>>2015363
>Be a millionaire in a few years
>Implying there wouldn't have been a huge shift from fiat currencies to cryptocurrency
>Government is gonna tax your coin
>Hence why every government wants access to your computer
Honestly, I think crypto is the future of money.
People need to start understanding it now before they become part of the 80% plebian class
>>
File: Screenshot_21.jpg (26KB, 666x227px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_21.jpg
26KB, 666x227px
What's really happened is that someone started pumping the shit out of all cryptos a month ago. Look at the trading volume of any crypto and you'll see that activity started spiking around the beginning of April this year.

Who is doing this?
And why?
>>
>>2016499

nvm, found out why

https://www.quora.com/Why-has-LTC-BTC-trading-volume-exploded-in-April-2017
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.