[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Unsure Pepe.png (38KB, 979x731px) Image search: [Google]
Unsure Pepe.png
38KB, 979x731px
Is it true that Coinbase locks your account if you transfer to an exchange?

An anon made a thread claiming this. I wanted to start putting money on Coinbase but I am not so sure now
>>
No they don't lock your account for transferring to an exchange.
>>
I've done it twice, no ban
>>
>>2014147
If you thought for a second that was real. Don't get into crypto. It shows you have no idea what you are getting into and should read up more on it before you lose your money
>>
>>2014162
What should I read? Why is it impossible for something like that to happen?

Teach me, Sensei
>>
>>2014147
>I'm doing it 24/7
chill out. How could coinbase even know where you're adress belongs to?
>>
>>2014147
Not an exchange.

But a source they consider shady. That includes Localbitcoins.

The fact is Coinbase bans accounts for seemingly no reason and for that reason they are shit. Use anything else.
>>
They lock your account for sending btc to gambling sites or anything dodgy ,just send to your wallet first
>>
>>2014171
You're naive. You'll jump on some shitcoin that's shilled on here, lose your money and cry about how crypto is a scam.

Well, if you want actual advice:

>subscribe to High Altritute Investments and Aaron AG on Youtube, look at High Altitue's tutorials and join their discord
>find an exchange other than Coinbase to buy BTC (Bitpanda, Bitstamp, Coinmama, Happycoins etc., look up the best exchanges)
>pick one or two and do a full verification to get max limits for deposits and withdrawals
>browse the Bitcointalk Forum and look at Youtube vids to learn, not /biz/
>trade on Poloniex and Bittrex
>stay away from meme-shitcoins, low-volume shitcoins and Yobit
>don't buy highs
>network (e.g. on discord, just ask questions and small talk over crypto)
>generally, learn Technical Analysis and what fundamentals to look out for in crypto
>always stay calm, don't get emotional (everyone tries not to be overconfident, but just as many people act on fear and sell at a loss instead of sticking it out, they pretend to be skeptical, careful and rational, when they're really acting on fear)
>>
File: dgfh.jpg (776KB, 3332x2272px) Image search: [Google]
dgfh.jpg
776KB, 3332x2272px
>>2014158
I pulled the trigger twice, I tell you, and nothing happened this is perfectly saf-
>>
>>2014147
No is not true, next!
>>
>>2014270
I have been here for a week and I alreayd know that I am supposed to avoid shitcoins, I have already read some tutorials about tech analysis.

Not sure about trading on Poloniex or Bittrex yet, aren't those used to buy lesser coins?

I made this thread mostly because I am paranoid about scams and frauds, even if I know that Coinbase is apparently extremely reliable.
>>
>>2014270
new to crypto, what's so bad about Coinbase ?
>>
>>2014464
>Coinbase is apparently extremely reliable

It's not, that is the point.

What do you mean by "lesser coins"? Nobody here "trades" BTC and you won't make big bucks just holding ETH, unless you put 30k< in it and come back in 2 years.

Poloniex has by far the highest volume of all the markets, it's not even close. More than the 4 next highest markets combined. Also the most useful and professional interface.
>>
>>2014659
>Also the most useful and professional interface.

Nice joke. Thanks for the laugh. Poloniex is a fucking glitchy, buggy piece of shit that I wouldnt trust with even 500 sats. Moved all my coins out of Poloniex to Bittrex because the cheap ass owners do not deserve one penny of my money if they cant even be bothered to upgrade their servers. Oh and their layout fucking sucks too, Bittrex actually keeps track of the latest Bid and Ask prices that you can set with just the click of the button.
>>
>>2014659
>It's not, that is the point.

Why do people claim it is? I am talking about reliability against frauds and scams not about how good it is for trading
>>
File: Locked.jpg (229KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Locked.jpg
229KB, 1936x1936px
Then explain why my account got locked after I sent BTC to Bittrex in April and I've been a member since summer of 2013. Never had an issue until now. They're fucking scum and haven't responded to any of my emails.
>>
Don't tell me you guys believe this shit.
>>
>>2014283
Faulty Comparison logical fallacy
>>
>>2014657
Nothing, it is fine. You can even get a Visa debit card on your BTC or ETH account.
>>
>>2015015
Did you open a ticket? Not sure why you are using email.
https://support.coinbase.com/
>>
>>2015015
That is some gross shit

Why are they doing it anyway? They fear that you're a money launderer or what? Can't see the fucking rationale.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.