[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physical precious metals, silver coins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: s-l225.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
Let's take a break from cryptocurrencies for a minute shall we?

Firstly, I'm in Australia. I'm looking at putting a couple hundred a month into physical silver, probably American Silver Eagle 1oz coins. Buying in 20 coin tubed lots, every other month.
Eagles because I previously held a little bit of silver, needed some cash and sold it all. The eagles were the fastest to sell and I made the best return on them despite them having the highest premium of the coins and bars I sold. Last ones I bought were at a much lower spot and a much better aud:usd exchange rate but I still think they're a better option than local silver.

Not going to make me rich, not likely to lose it all, bit of insurance with small chance of improving.

Thoughts?
>>
>>2013723
>Buying physical metals
>>
>>2013726
Yes, to highlight I'm not interested in ETFs
>>
Nothing wrong with holding a small percentage of physical metal

I thought the Australian mints had a good reputation, wouldnt local be better for you?
>>
>>2013876
Actually purchase cost is very close, eagles are often on par and sometimes cheaper than locally minted coins. Also eagles seem to have wider appeal, even within .au.
A good example is on ebay, people looking at purchasing australian coins usually are only after one of each for collections, but people buying eagles are looking for full tubes.
>>
>>2013723
Buy income producing assets you cuck and I'm not talking about chasing yield in safe investments like a typical cucked wageslave would.

Look into alternative investments ONLY. When you are a rich middle aged man or grandpa, you can start investing in stocks and bonds. If you wanna be rich buy machines, small businesses, cheap commodity goods on eBay/Craigslist, etc..

Don't fall for the wageslave Reddit mentality of buying le SP500/ETFs and holding forever. You will get mediocre results that are ONLY acceptable for people who already have millions saved.

You need to accept the fact that you are a small fish in the economy and the best way to get rich is to do what large investors/institutions can't, make 50-infinity%+ returns a year. You have time and small participant advantage. Use it.

I've spent the last year leasing computer equipment, returning ~70-80% and I laugh at wagecucks earning 10% on their investments when they have the stability of employment already. Why do they practice institutional risk tolerance that is only acceptable for big players? Stop investing like Warren Buffett, you don't have billions. When Warren was a poorfag he was hustling newspapers and buying small companies, not buying Wells Fargo/Visa/IBM...
>>
>>2013723
Do lead. You can flux and smelt lead cheaper with a higher resale.

Here are the US spot market prices

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical_large.html
>>
File: silver Britannia.jpg (33KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
silver Britannia.jpg
33KB, 500x358px
>>2013723

I have well over 100 oz of silver, only 12 are Eagles, because they were on sale for $2.09 over spot. Otherwise the premium is too high for my preference.

I have a lot of official "government mint" silver, like the Canadian Maple, Armenian Noah's Ark, Australian Kook, and my favorite, the British Britannia, because they're often on sale for only $1.99 over spot. The rest is from generic but respected private mints like Sunshine and A-Mark, for even cheaper.

>>2013726

>no argument

Metals are a good insurance, that's about it. They should be part of every portfolio. No paper contracts, because they have more metals on those contracts than they have in reality. This means that if everyone calls for physical delivery in a short enough span of time, they just give you a check for what the metal would be worth, thereby defeating the purpose of owning PM's, which is why physical metals are the only way to go.
>>
>>2014017

We're talking about preserving purchasing power by hedging inflation of the currency supply, which devalues your currency.

Income producing assets are good, but the purchasing power of the currency you gain can/will decrease over time.
>>
>>2014017
>machines, small businesses, cheap commodities
Don't know the first thing about this. Assuming buy for quick fixup and resale type strategy?

Who leases computers?

I'm not middle aged or grandpa, I'm in a stable job with a base income of 80k/year and roughly 20k so far this financial year in overtime.
>>
>>2014076
Income producing assets ARE the best hedge against currency inflation. Storage costs and transaction costs of gold/silver make it a questionable way to retain value. You're also speculating instead of creating income/value. Speculation alone is a horrible long term bet.
>>
>>2014088
Don't get me wrong, I'd like assets that produce an income. However I'm not sure where to begin in that regard. I've looked into starting a side business however all my skills are in what seems like saturated markets and all my areas of knowledge for product resale have very little markup.
>>
>>2014082
To be more clear, I get contracts from places like call centers/ small businesses to install computers and lease for 70-120% of the price. I make them sign a 1 year contract and if they resign I double my money. I also provide technical support but I rarely have to come in. Recently installed 24 computers and networking equipment for 110% of the price I bought them for per year. Contract was signed before I spent any money. I have been doing this for 3 years. The risk is that the company stops making payments, but I can just get back the computers and lease them to other companies. Usually these computers run me $300-400 a piece and leasing them for $30-50/month seems cheap for these businesses.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.