[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, do any of you guys have a degree or go to univeristy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Alright, do any of you guys have a degree or go to univeristy currently?

If so, is it worth taking a gap year to pursue something like business? I want to hear from someone who has been in my position because you will probably know better than me.
>>
I skipped out on uni and choose a 9month tech school program instead, currently 22 and not even mad about my decision.
>>
i graduated from college last summer, degree in music business.

i kinda took a year off, played in a band for a bit. end up splitting up, and just got a job at a major music industry company, so feelin p comfy.

when exactly are you planning on taking a gap year. like did u just graduate HS and about to go to uni, in the middle of uni, or just graduate uni?
>>
>>2011261
Which program exactly? What kinda cash are you raking in?
>>
>>2011221
Took a gap year to try making a start up. Either the hit I partnered with was retarded or I am cuz it went nowhere.
Anyways I'm back in school now and again making a tech thing. I don't regret the experience and actually had a crazy and good time. I don't think it really matters if you finish college at 22 or 26. Most interviewers will either be happy you took a gap year and gained some "real world experience" or they just won't care
>>
>>2011282
Thats what I was thinking man, I really don't give a fuck about joining school one year later than everyone else.
>>2011262
Leaving HS
>>
>>2011633
gotcha. guess it depends on what you mean by "pursue business". if that means finding some wagecuck job, fuck that, just go to uni. if you have an idea for a business you want to create, personally I'd just go to uni, then work on that at night. fuck being in a frat and partying every night. major waste of time. i know fratbois will say 'hurrr my connections', but you will be incredible unproductive in a frat.

if i were you, id go to uni, class/study during the day, work on your business at night. you really do have a lot more time at uni than in high school if you manage your time wisely and dont party/game/watch tv too much. of course its important to still have fun at college, but its also a great time to work on things, meet people, network, fail and learn, etc.

also, kinda random but my biggest regret from college was not doing better internships. Although im lucky and was able to land a job now at a company/industry im passionate about, it took me a long time and a lot of work. i wish i had used my resources at college to do more summer internships at companies. pretty much all of my friends who got internships at companies got job offers from them after they graduated. srsly cannot emphasize enough the importance of internships
>>
yes I have a degree
no it is not worth taking a gap year
either go to college or dont
you can do an associates then transfer
>>
>>2011702
Thanks for the advice man. Also thanks for the part about the internships, everyone stresses the importance of them so its good to keep in mind.

However this is the thing, its not just an idea for a business anymore, its a phsyical product, a consumer product, not a tech company or anything, so I'll be dealing with shipping, returns, sales, manufacturing and production.
I already have a prototype and have sent out 100 samples to 100 people, still waiting on their responses, so yeah, I just wanted to know if i'd have the time to do all that if I went to uni.

Thanks bro.
>>2011726
One year though... its a hit or miss sure, but what if its a hit? Thanks anyway bro.
>>
>>2011876
no prob.

ah i see, that sounds pretty cool. if you really believe in your product, and see a spot for it in the market, then keep on going for it man.

another option could be to live at home and still go to uni. you could commute to college near you, then do all ur biz shit at night. you could also even enroll in community college classes, and just take ur basic 101 general classes. that way you can get a lot of your general credits out of the way, save money by living at home and not paying uni for general classes, and do your business at night/weekends. then at the end of the year, if your business is boomin, youre set. or conversely, if you decide you want to go to school, you will now at least have some credits you can transfer over to uni.

another random tidbit, you should check out NPR's podcast "how i built this". it interviews and profiles entrepreneurs, telling their story about how they created their company/product. fascinating stuff, they got people like mark cuban, richard branson, crate and barrel guy, Lyft founder, etc etc. very inspiring podcast, and really cool seeing the process of how entrepreneurs start their businesses from scratch and succeed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.