[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethereum smart contract help me please!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: notsosmart.jpg (5KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
notsosmart.jpg
5KB, 255x197px
I beg you guys for your help
Have an ethereum smart contract where I stored some ether for a long time ago, but mist crashed and cannot install the blockchain on my pc anymore.
I have the smart contract adress, and I had a backup of my mainwallet.
So how do I get my ether back?
>>
Will give 10 usd to the one that get my ether back as thanks.
>>
>mist crashed
Reinstall? You said you had backups.
>>
>>2010506
>10usd
>1 ether is now 80usd
>>
>>2010535
But will my smart contract still be linked to my main account, have no backup of the smart contract?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (63KB, 633x497px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
63KB, 633x497px
>>2010506
>>2010502

what do you mean you cant install the blockchain? are the files corrupt? delete all these files in your chaindata folder and it will try to download it again
>>
>>2010556
Have tried deleting the files, but it keep crashing.
But can I get the contract back, with only my main account?
>>
>>2010605

how long have you had that version of mist?
>>
>>2010623
The newest version also crashed when I tried, I also tried to do it manually with CMD but it didn't help.
>>
>>2010605
As long as you have your:

keyfile
password
contract address

You're good.

1. Save a copy of the keyfile in a different location on your computer, just in case.
2. Find geth on your computer
3. Open up Command Prompt on Windows
3. Go to the folder containing geth (on Command Prompt)
4. type geth removedb and hit enter (this deletes the blockchain data you have stored)
5. Type geth (this starts downloading the blockchain)
6. Once it's done downloading, open Mist (without closing the running geth on Command Prompt)
7. If your account isn't already there, paste your keyfile into the appropriate folder and restart Mist
8. Go to Watch Contract and enter the info for the contract

Now you'll be able to use the contract.
>>
>>2010654
Will I need a keyfile of my smart contract, or do I only need the main account keyfile?
And thanks for the good guide mate, will try it now.
>>
>>2010673
There is no keyfile for contracts. The keyfile (as I'm calling it) is your encrypted private key. Your password is used to decrypt this into your private key, which is what is used to prove your identity on the network.

Google "Ethereum encrypted key file folder" to find where it is on your computer.
>>
>>2010673
https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/108/how-do-i-backup-my-ether-accounts
>>
>>2010673
How much info about your contract do you have? Do you have the ABI or code? If not, it could get tricky, because you'll have to enter an ABI when you watch the contract.

An ABI is what Mist uses to interact with the contract. It's like a facade, it contains the function names, the arguments to the functions, their types, etc.

I didn't list this as a requirement because there might be ways for you to get an ABI that will work for that contract. At the very minimum, you probably need to know the name and arguments (and their types) of the function you're wanting to call. You don't need to know the info for the stuff you don't need to call.

https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Ethereum-Contract-ABI

Go down to "would result in the JSON" to see what an ABI looks like.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.