[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto info thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: B3ZeoocCIAEU39Z.png (166KB, 509x265px)
B3ZeoocCIAEU39Z.png
166KB, 509x265px
So I've been lurking on /biz/ for that last two years. You guys spit out some of the most useful investment strategies and which markets are in. Dont get me wrong half of you guys are pure shit talkers.

Heres my deal.
I've been invested in stocks for the last year or so. Noting special maybe whats equal to around 5k USD. Its about the same now as when I began trading. No gains, no loss.
What now? I want out of the stock market and i've had ETH and BITCOIN for about 8 months. Fine gains, but I want to know more.

>Cont. in comment
>>
>>2010402
Since I have 20-ish ETH and 0.7 BITCOIN, I kinda know the deal with the two kings of crypto.

If I sell my stocks and want to buy crypto how do I do this? I've used coinbase and other site, but they have a market only for Bitcoin and ETH. I've seen something about BITTREX and POLONIEX. Both exchange bitcoin for other smaller coins? Do I get a wallet? Do I need a new hardware wallet for all my new coins? Are these websites safe enough to keep my coins?
>>
>>2010402
>>2010432
Is is a good idea to invest only in ETH and BITCOIN? Or should I try smaller coins? And why?
I'm fine with risks, but I dont like stupid investments with no hope.

I've been thinking about spreading my money over the top 10 crypto where I'd have the more invested in nr 1 (bitcoin) a little less in nr. 2 (eth) a little less in nr. 3 and so on. What do you think?
>>
>>2010432
Buy bitcoin, transfer it to bitrex and trade your shitcoins

>>2010445
>Is is a good idea to invest only in ETH
yes
>BITCOIN
no
>Or should I try smaller coins
high risk, high reward. For example, PIVX mooned from $0.1 to $2 in a very short period of time

You can store ETH and, from what I know, some of its tokens in an ethereum wallet. Other coins need their own separate wallet.
>>
>>2010402
Buy bitcoin at localbitcoins, trade for coins you believe in at poliniex and bittrex. You get online wallets at the exchanges that you transfer your cryptos to.
>>
>>2010505
>>2010522
So no BITCOIN? I thought i is old reliable?
Problem is with ETH I want to, but it's deep in my core not to store all my eggs in one basket. Besides ETH just exploded. It feels stupid to but at the "top".

Anyways thanks guys. What coins do you think are a good "start" for me besides the two kings? Lite? Doge?
>>
>>2010567
>What coins do you think are a good "start" for me

>Doge
no way. Normie shitcoin
>Lite
maybe

Throw what you can afford to loose into Wings. The price has been stable for a while now. It seems to me it's going to moon like ark or trst did in just a couple of days.
But, don't listen to shills anyway, do your own research, browse bitcointalk forum and coinmarketcap.com to find coins worth investing into
>>
>>2010567
Lite and doge are shit. Go for RLC and golem.
>>
Need a wallet:

keep key
nano s
other

any suggestions?
>>
>>2010522
>coins you believe
what does that even mean? i too trade stock and can tell with reasonable surety the difference between a trustworthy company and a scam company. what does one look for in crypto? does one have to be a cryptographer in order to trust one coin or another or is it just emotion driven trading?
>>
>>2010727
They are all scams,but eth anc btc.
>>
Nocoiner here been considering getting into crypto but I just can't ever gain enough confidence. What is the difference between different coins and what makes certain ones increase? They all seem the same to me, is it just good marketing that makes them moon or a crapshoot? Anytime I ask this people just shill their coin with no reasoning whatsoever.
>>
>>2010738
i think i'll get some btc. i've seen it being used irl and internationally. eth still seems a bit... anorexic.

the next question is one of hardware (or not). what is the best method of keeping a wallet? can this thing be stored in multiple locations? can (or should it) be stored on a thumb drive type thing or 'in the cloud'? i think i need to find a venezuelan to talk to.
>>
>>2010567
Don't listen to him. Bitcoin is going to stay for a long time.
>>
>>2010772
nocoiner here with the same feeling. i think i'll just get into bitcoin. it's been around long enough i think... and it has a global presence. have to figure out this wallet nonsense and then how to trade it.
>>
>>2010794
>>2010830
Bitcoin isn't bad, it's just not as useful as ETH is. Bitcoin's claim to fame is being the first to utilize blockchain and proof of work technology. ETH and other altcoins utilize some of those concepts, but allow you more freedom in transaction, and some are even developed off of the technology of others, in order to provide niche services.

Although ETH and BTC do separate things, ETH is going to replace BTC on the concept of functionality alone.
>>
How do you actually make money with crypto? How do you live off of them?

Do you sell them?
>>
>>2011111
autism helps, neetdom too
or intellect and usage of trading bots
that is unless you lucked out on shit like BTC or ETH while it was dirt cheap
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.