[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /biz/ about silver. It is worth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: silver.jpg (24KB, 477x358px) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
24KB, 477x358px
Tell me /biz/ about silver. It is worth?
>>
>>2009734
>It is worth?
baby don't hurt me
>>
precious metals are a hedge fund, unless you are certain world war III breaks out soon or the stock market crashes, then dont buy into it
>>
Gold and Silver found the bottom of their bear market in 2015. They've been up ever since. Bubble cycles are about 8 years long. We are 8 years out since the last one. Over the long term with market cycles and inflation silver will be over 100$ within the next 10 years.
>>
I'm always on the fence about silver. If it's under 20 you can buy and hold, but remember that it isn't going to magically skyrocket during a recession, it has it's own pricing factors. People are always shocked that (commodity) didn't skyrocket during economic turbulence because they think that's how it works.
>>
>>2009897
> or the stock market crashes
You mean like it does once every decade?
>>
>>2009907
>meanwhile in day dream ville

you will be lucky to see $20-30 silver in the next 20 years

limited mint silver and other collectables are a good bet though
>>
File: 14c.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>2010189
>you will be lucky to see $20-30 silver in the next 20 years
>>
>>2009734
Everyone sells it at way above spot. Most retail sites list at $3 above spot. You have to wait until it dips or there is a sale before you buy. I say a guy on CL recently selling for $30 an ounce which is outrageous.
>>
File: crash-jp-morgan-buy-silver1.jpg (26KB, 520x370px) Image search: [Google]
crash-jp-morgan-buy-silver1.jpg
26KB, 520x370px
Man, I love my pile of shiny metals, but I really doubt the silver will ever be worth too much. Just doesn't have the commercial applications or gold, platinum, palladium. Shit oxidizes and gets all ugly too after sitting 20 years. Every decade I gotta take out the rouge cloth and shine some turds. Much prefer to not have to fuck with the hoard.

Buy gold on the dips, will always be worth something. Likely if you wait for a war or some shit you will make a profit, if that's your aim. Its also just nicer to hoard metals worth $1k+ rather than $20 an oz. You got space for $1 million worth of silver? Like a fucking semi truck full. You could fit $1 million worth of gold in a large personal safe.
>>
>>2010189
it's reasonable to assume it will hit in 5 years but it doesn't make it profitable you can buy silver at $19 + vat, and sell at say $27 (at $30 spot that's pretty reasonable at a merchant) in 5 years that's 2.5% a year before taxes... that's kind of a crap deal if you ask me.
>>
>>2009734
As long as you don't buy "limited edition" this/that. Just buy straight up 1 troy oz silver bars or similar.

At the very least they hold their value.
>>
>>2010288
my guess is if nothing significant changes you will be able to buy silver under $13 spot in 2 years. i wouldn't start pouring money into it right now unless you plan to buy regularly for the next 30 years or something.
>>
>>2010288
depends on the limited shit, shit like pandas are dubious since china pumps out millions of them.
Perth mints for 50k or less are more likely to gain given the rep and low production
>>
>>2010189
>Nearly hit $50 as recently as 2011
>won't pass $30 in next 20 years

>>2010255
>Just doesn't have the commercial applications
Silver has many industrial uses. It's largely consumed, unlike Gold, which means it will only get rarer as time goes on.

Another point you have to consider, is the spot price is manipulated lower through future contracts. It's a rigged market. If you believe they'll eventually lose control of the scam and true price discovery will prevail, back up the mother fucking truck.
>>
>>2010552
>Nearly hit $50 as recently as 2011
couple of people were arrested over that, but realize silver is a byproduct of other metals mining. there are no mining profitability fundamentals supporting it's price sadly.
>spot price is manipulated lower through future contracts
same is true for everything with a secondary market, come bitcoin etf and other derivatives the same will happen to them too.
>rigged market
and it will continue to be rigged you can be sure of that. silver will go down until it can't anymore. and it can still go a long way.
>>
File: tolel.jpg (61KB, 514x600px) Image search: [Google]
tolel.jpg
61KB, 514x600px
>>2009897
>precious metals are a hedge fund
>are a hedge fund
>a hedge fund
>>
The bigger question is, buy real metals or metal etfs?
>>
File: 1490542868535.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490542868535.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>2010189
>limited mint silver and other collectables are a good bet though
what? You really want the value of your silver to be in collectibility and rarity of minting and not actual metal value?

Fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>2011549
short metal etfs or buy real metal deepening on you believe the financial markets will go well or bad.
>>
>>2011572
i'll take diversification for $200 Tim
>>
File: Never-Go-Full-Retard.jpg (156KB, 560x461px) Image search: [Google]
Never-Go-Full-Retard.jpg
156KB, 560x461px
>>2009897
>>
>>2010189

>massive debt
>Federal Reserve won't let market correct, re-inflates every bubble and makes it worse in the future
>silver was $40-$50 an oz just a few years ago
>Trump in office

There's no reason not to have some. I have over 100 ounces that I bought when it was $13-$14 an ounce.
>>
File: gold 8.png (609KB, 668x429px) Image search: [Google]
gold 8.png
609KB, 668x429px
>>2011549

Physical. No paper contracts. They sell paper contracts on the same metal to multiple people, which means if everyone cashed in their contracts at the same time, most of them wouldn't get their metal, just the cash value of it, which defeats the purpose of metals (hedge inflation, investment insurance, etc)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.