[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 39kMVFM.jpg (36KB, 458x320px) Image search: [Google]
39kMVFM.jpg
36KB, 458x320px
can someone explain an aspect of crypto that i cant seem to grasp,

so from what i understand, BTC is just like internet money, then theres GOLEM which uses tokens or whatever to share computational power, my question is; is buying other coins essentially buying stocks in their businesses but with the added bonus of being able to buy, say, a speedboat from amazon if they eventually accept GOLEM as a currency or am i missing something?

sorry, its late, ive made alot of money and i still dont know how it fucking works.
>>
>>2009528
It's unlikely that Amazon would accept golem. Theyd be more likely to accept a currency - like BTC or PIVx. Your gnt will convert to either of those. The more gnt is worth, the more BTC or PIVx you get and the more speedboats
>>
File: Aziz.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aziz.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>2009530
well thats besides the fuckin point really but thanks for the tip
>>
>>2009528
>my question is; is buying other coins essentially buying stocks in their businesses
No, because when you buy stock you own a fraction of the entire business therefore have a theoretical slice of the total enterprise value of the business at any given moment.

Those tokens however give you no input over the administration of the currency, don't give you a slice of the total market cap, they are simply a credit that entitles you to an allotment amount of information processing.
>>
>>2009535
don't listen to this shill. Big companies are never going to adapt pivx. They might use ethereum (more likely) or bitcoin (as a payment), but probably they won't ever do that.

The only thing pivx is good for is probably buying drugs from the deepnet, because it's anonymous, just like monero, zcash and eth in the near future.

Golem is not a currency. It's an Ethereum token. You can rent your computational power to the golem network and get Golem tokens in exchange. Somebody who needs to do expensive computations (like video rendering, physics simulation etc) could rent this computational power and pay for it with these Golem tokens. That's the only application of it
>>
>>2009568
>don't give you a slice of the total market cap, they are simply a credit that entitles you to an allotment amount of information processing.

so not like stocks but FOREX trading?
>>
Pick one with real community, good devs, open source, doesn't get bogged down by blockchain size, secure, fast transactions. You are left with only few coins.
>>
>>2009591
Probz more like commodity futures.
>>
>>2009569
ok. right. then i sell those tokens to someone who wants to do some computations for ETH?

please note im just using golem as an example and i honestly dont see it having a use except maybe to that one guy in a london basement that wants to crack md5 hashes he bought off an onion.
>>
>>2009598
Which coins are you suggesting?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.