[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1493038109332.jpg (505KB, 2000x1559px)
1493038109332.jpg
505KB, 2000x1559px
Okay /biz/, I am a university student, I am literate in economics, finance and other business related fields. However aside from the nice diploma I don't feel like this degree will really give me the tools I need to get rich. I get a decent allowance a year and live in Spain. Next year I will have +10K € (if I don't waste my money stupidly) to invest in whatever. This is the first time I am on this board, starting to feel like it's time to get into the whole making money meme. When I graduate i will also probably have some extra cash to start off with so I want to start now.

I am Russian, and interest rates in Russia are decent and over th ecourse of a year i can maybe get around 7% on my shit. But that sounds boring. I'd rather just grab a small sum of money and learn to diversify and invest in different things. I am not hoping for fast cash I just wan to discuss some alternatives. Also want to discover what this board is about.

>inb4 lurk more

yes I am on that
>>
join the coiner master race, duh
>>
>>2009264
I am seeing many of you are arguing to invest in ETH is that a good idea?
>>
>>2009259
> This is the first time I am on this board,
Well 80% of the people on here are NEETs, there are some business owners on here too, but they are very quiet when they are real. You'll get a lot of people trying to sell you on pump and dump coins, please don't buy into any without doing your research first.

7% is fucking good for a annual return, remember most of the top gurus don't get more than 20%. It all comes down to your "appetite for risk".

Playing the stockmarket isn't really a way to earn a living wage though unless you do it all the time - the one thing I've learned on this shithole (I have stockholm syndrome) is that the only way to really make enough money to live comfortably is to own your own business: for the simple fact that it has cashflow, in the stockmarket the potential return on that cashflow you already pay a premium for in the price.

Crypto is risky, but it's a two sided sword; you can either make a fortune overnight or lose it. It's Forex for the poor.
>full disclosure: have some small crypto holdings
>>
>>2009273
Starting up your own business in here in Spain or in Russia is quite hard, once I graduate I will end up wagecucking some management position or consultancy. In my spare time I'd like to have a little investment portfolio so i am here to learn. 7% won't make a difference to my day to day life and the cash being stuck in a bank will just make me poor for the year. Whats a good place to start?
>>
>>2009269
>>2009291
Yes, imo ETH is a very solid coin, but its pretty high right now so maybe wait for a dip. Bitcoin is also great to just hold, but again might wanna buy in at a dip.

Shitcoins are way more risky but theyre cheap and you can sell before you lose it all. I'd recommend holding the bulk of your crypto in bitcoin, eth and maybe litecoin, and also diversifying into a bunch of cheap shitcoins.
>>
>>2009291
First, understand your tax situation. Which jurisdiction will you have to pay income taxes in, and where and what capital gains will you be charged.

Next step is to work out what your goals are: it's all fine to be like "I want to have a nestegg", it's reccomended you have 6 months living expenses in the bank as a all round just in case (like if you lose your job etc.) however that's not fun, what are you looking for?
Do you want to move to a third country?
Do you want a classic guitars collection?

What's your goals.

Once you've determined your goals, a timeline then you can stark looking at which form of investment is best: should you invest in ETFs, gold proxies, crypto... a diversified portfolio... I dunno.

What I will say is: START WITH WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND. Yes, some industries may have higher margins, but only if you make the right decisions. Start with a industry you understand, look into the companies, the stock prices.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.