[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for sharetraders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 805280.jpg (820KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
805280.jpg
820KB, 1600x900px
Could someone who has a bit of experience in share trading help with a few questions around trading
>What did you invest in first
>Ball park, how much was your first trade?
>What do you invest in now?
>what advice would you give yourself when you first started
>how do you invest your profits? do you hold forever, reinvest in the same or different stock or take it and run?
>How do you educate friends and family to invest?
>>
1.) started out day trading penny stocks, got burned
2.) About $20, I regret it
3.) Container shipping companies, their market is beaten down and they are on the verge of a recovery
4.) Start out very small, you dont know what your doing
5.) Im getting my first dividend from my stock and im going to immediately reinvest
6.) If they dont want to invest, they dont have to, its their decision. Just let them know they can suffer today and be rich tomorrow.
>>
>>2009058
congrats on the first dividend! how much will you make?
>>
>>2009037
1) Activision right before the merger with Blizard. Lost 30% before I pulled it.
2) Something like $500.
3) Algo trading w/ high-volume equities.
4) Learn the order types. Practice paper trading everyday.
5) Constantly developing new strategies. There's an infinite amount of opportunity out there.
6) They're not interested in such things.
>>
>>2009037
MIC
500$
Still MIC, recent years esport and gaming related companies, also shipping
Read, read, then read some more, so many things to do.
Reinvest.
NO FAMILY OR FRIENDS ALLOWED, they'll ruin your fun and eventually will get you to fuck up against your own better judgement.
>>
>>2009438
Although that being said I do collaborate with my brother, but as he is in this world of his own accord just like I am he actually helps rather than being a deadweight telling you to "omg buy Apple because they are, like, so BIG".
>>
1) Lucent Technologies (on a "hot" tip from my sister's lawyer boyfriend)
2) $1,500
3) S&P 500 index funds
4) stick to S&P 500 index funds
5) reinvest back into S&P 500 index funds
6) Talk to my dad about retirement. He has a full pension and invests his personal holdings into Janus funds. To each there own.
>>
>>2009037
>What did you invest in first
some hyped up biotech company in my country
>Ball park, how much was your first trade?
200$
>What do you invest in now?
funds
>what advice would you give yourself when you first started
read books
>how do you invest your profits? do you hold forever, reinvest in the same or different stock or take it and run?
the funds reinvest it automatically
>How do you educate friends and family to invest?
i lead by example
>>
>>2009085
$5 whole dollars.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.