[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5 year NEET and life long speghetti king. Just got a job last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1474776602065.jpg (24KB, 332x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474776602065.jpg
24KB, 332x450px
5 year NEET and life long speghetti king. Just got a job last week. I go into my paid training shift in 5 hours. I need motivation, tips, and just general input on what I should do to be able to save money to get the things in life only money can buy. I will be making $10 an hour.

Forgive me mods if this isn't OK to post here.
>>
Put every paycheck outside of the necessities into crypto and don't panic sell.
>>
>>2008517
10 dollars an hour means barely making enough to cover essentials for most people. My advice is to not be content with that paltry sum, get experience and move on.
>>
>>2008525
I also get NEET bux which I can keep for like 9 months so any income from this job is extra so to speak.

>>2008521
That doesn't sound safe :(
>>
>>2008521
This. I got my first job 8months ago and have been doing this and made 6-7k
>>
File: Capture.jpg (34KB, 472x380px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
34KB, 472x380px
>>2008526
>That doesn't sound safe :(

so youre happy with your savings being worth 4% less each year, OK whatever works for you.
>>
>>2008517
You're not going to be able to do shit with $10/hr, lain. Work on getting a better job, or another way to make money.
>>
>>2008551
can't those things loose value for quickly?
>>
>>2008632
>>2008551
very*
>>
>>2008551
the dollar is fine and will be fine for a long time. everyone uses it.
>>
>>2008517
Save, save, save money!

Don't invest in cryptos unless you think it's fun. They -ARE- a volatile meme, but they can be fun and lucrative if that's up your alley. DO, however, look into savings options beyond basic savings accounts. There are a lot of tax-advantaged accounts or investment-focused accounts you can get through most banks, and they are designed to help you save your money better.

Ordinary savings accounts DO have their place, but once you've saved up enough money you might also want to look into companies like Vanguard with their ETFs to help build your wealth.

In addition, just be smart and follow common sense. Live the way you want to live, but if you can't do that yet, have some self-discipline. If you want to be exorbitantly wealthy later in life, consider being more strict on your finances now until you can make them work for you.

After a few months, if the job seems stable, you might also consider getting a credit card and making some small purchases (that you remember to pay off constantly!). I hate suggesting this sort of thing, but having a good credit history in this day and age is pretty dang important for most people. Speaking from experience, not having a lot of credit history can really screw you over. You'll need it if you ever want to buy a house or take out a big loan for something, among other things. There are ways other than just credit cards to build credit history, but a card is one of the simplest and most basic ways to do it.

As for the job, you can do it! Work after 5 years of NEET is a big step, so I don't really know you, but I'm proud of you. It's something you can be proud of, too. Don't give up on it, and keep focused on your long-term goals. In the grand scheme of things, it may seem small, but make the best of it. You can definitely go far, even just starting out at $10.00 an hour.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.