[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

advice needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1491754783451.jpg (212KB, 758x552px) Image search: [Google]
1491754783451.jpg
212KB, 758x552px
I just opened a Kraken account to buy some bitcoin, which I plan latter to transfer to coinbase (or not), and I am about to enter in the world of crypto. I am a complete noob at trading, with not much of time in hand to read or trade, due to wagecucking.
What should I do to not loose my money?
>>
>>2001798
>What should I do to not loose my money?
stay away from POSW, PIVX, and beans
>>
>>2001807
Thanks

Is it safe to have money deposited in these exchanges, or do I need a physical wallet?
Do they take a commission only for conversing/transferring funds, or are there any hidden fees that I should know?

I plan to spend initially like 200 €, like 50/50 in btc and eth, but I would like also a few euros of some low valued coins. Suggestions?
>>
>>2001807
>stay away from POSW

Are you retarded?
>>
>>2001812
sell me on POSW.
>>
1. don't listen to all the trolls and shills here, you never know who's honest with you and who's not.
2. if you have no idea about trading and crypto and stuff STAY AWAY.
3. if you really wanna invest in crypto read stuff about it, if you have no time to read and educate yourself STAY AWAY.
4. money on exchanges is never 100% safe, if you want to buy and hold you better get a nice wallet for your coins, if you have no idea on how to set up a wallet and how to use it: STAY AWAY!

just because the value of crypto is rising and some people made nice money doesn't mean you will do aswell. Take care, educate yourself about what the fuck is going on and how that shit works before you start investint/trading
>>
I can't fucking fund my kraken with cash...
Their bank does not accept wires from this fucking country
>>
>>2001818
Thanks bro, one of the most honest advices I have ever received.

What are any credible sources of education that you suggest for a beginner?
I can set up a wallet, because I am a tech guy, but thought that exchanges are more convenient. However convenience might not be worth for the risk.
>>
>>2001816
>coin with an actual purpose and function, not built solely on hype and speculation
>provides monthly dividends from the revenue of the exchange
>online staking
>big features coming this summer (ETH staking, masternodes, many others that can be seen on their roadmap)
>expanding dev team (currently only a few guys out of their garages)
>store coming
>possibly being added to bittrex and polo soon
>cheap as fuck
>not even marketing for it yet, still in its infancy
>will only rise in value with expanding userbase

Everything is a work in progress, but outside of the unprofessional PR and current missing features it's a sure shot. There are FAR shittier coins worth 10x as much.
>>
>>2001819

Some exchanges deal exclusively in crypto, I'm assuming because that gets them out of certain situations in terms of taxes, record keeping and having to pay a payment processor.
I think Kraken and Poloniex are the two biggest exchanges like this.
Basically you buy btc or other on Coinbase, locally, or on another exchange and the transfer it over to start trading
>>
>>2001826

If you are interested in a project read the whitepaper
If you want to actively trade and ride pumps and dumps I can't really help you because I don't do that.
If you think that BTC or ETH or any other coin will rise in the long run just buy that, send it to your wallet and keep it there.
Look for transaction fees, if they're a flat fee don't send every single coin to your wallet right after buying it.
If you want to take the risk you can invest in ICO's but you have to read their whitepaper and read in forums about pros and cons and you have to be able to tell the real critics apart from the shills.
If you want to speculate on altcoins that are advertised here every day feel free to risk your money, you can gain a lot but you can also lose a lot. Most important: read everything you find about the project and be confident about your trades.
Bitcointalk is a forum where you can find information about every coin (old, new, coming soon...)
Good coins have an active Subreddit so you can look for them and read some stickys.

I'm not a crypto pro myself, started 8 months ago and I'm still learning a lot so I think that's all I can tell you for now. If anyone with more experience think's I'm wrong - no problem.
>>
>>2001849

wrong, I use kraken to buy my buy eth / btc myself with euro (swift bank transfer) before sending them to another exchange / wallet / ICO / whatever
>>
>>2001869
Great intel

Not really looking to trade daily, 'cause as I said, noob, and don't really like it to be honest.
I just wanted to get started with it, for maybe parking a part of my savings in the future, as I can't do much with them where I live.
>>
>>2001869
>...if [there is] a flat [transaction] fee don't send every single coin to your wallet right after buying it.
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>2001903

if every transaction charges you 0.005 [coin] (for example) it makes no sense to send 0.1 [coin] every day over the course of 1 month. I'd say that's only important if you constantly buy at low rates. If you buy a big amount once a month and want to send them to your wallet it doesn't matter. Only if you accumulate slowly
>>
>>2001818
>4. money on exchanges is never 100% safe
This.
Fucked me up well a few times.

Have some hacks:
2016 Aug Bitfinex (exchange) user wallets/inside job 119,756 $66,000,000
2016 May Gatecoin (exchange) hot wallet multicurrency $2,000,000
2016 Mar ShapeShift (exchange) inside job multicurrency $230,000
2016 Mar Cointrader hot wallet 81 BTC $33,600
2016 Jan Bitstamp (exchange) hot wallet 18,866 $5,263,614
2015 Feb Bter (exchange) cold wallet/inside job 7,000 $1,750,000
2015 Feb Exco.in (exchange) cold wallet/inside job n/a n/a
2015 Feb Kipcoin (exchange) cold wallet/inside job 3,000 $690,000
2015 Feb 796 (exchange) cold wallet/inside job 1,000 $230,000
2015 Jan Bitstamp (exchange) hot wallet 19,000 $5,100,000
2015 Jan Cavirtex (exchange) user database stolen n/a n/a
2014 Dec Blockchain.info (wallet) user wallets (bug, R values) 267 $101,000
2014 Dec Mintpal (exchange) inside job 3,700 $3,208,412
2014 Aug Cryptsy (exchange) inside job multicurrency $6,000,000
2014 Mar Flexcoin (wallet) hot wallet 1,000 $738,240
2014 Mar CryptoRush (exchange) cold wallet/inside job 950 $782,641
2014 Jan Mt.gox (exchange) hot & cold wallets/inside job 850,000 $700,258,171
2013 Dec Blockchain.info (wallet) 2-factor authentication breach 800 $800,000
2013 Nov Inputs.io (wallet) cold wallet/inside job 4,100 $4,370,000
2013 Nov BIPS (wallet) cold wallet/inside job 1,200 $1,200,000
2013 Nov PicoStocks (exchange) cold wallet/inside job 6,000 $6,009,397
2012 Mar Linode (webhosting) inside job 46,703 $228,845
>>
>>2001812
Seriously!!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.