[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teenage years failure, Passive income ideas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I have an enormous debt to repay towards my parents and in my current situation, I need a way of making passive income.

From age 17 to 21, I kept failing at school and work at parent's bakery. I also was a bad role model to brother, I have to make things right.They still supported me, tried everything to get me back on track like help me buy a sports car and I finally became a firefighter at age 23...except part time and I don't make money at all.

We are also not doing well financially, bakery is slowing down and they spent a lot of money building 2 brand new triplex for me and brother. I have to help them and I don't know where to start, here are some options:

>promote/advertisement for the bakery to boost sales
>sell all my useless stuff
>may get sweet summer job that will give roughly 10k and not sure what to do with it after

Any ideas?
>>
>>2000743
Give the 10k to parents. Sell all your shit and use it to advertise.
>>
>>2000743
>Passive income ideas?

POSW.

Literally free money
>>
>and I don't make money at all.

so youre a full time volunteer or what?
>>
>>2000743
Drop shipping is a hot meme right now, how about that?
>>
>>2000772
I thought about giving them the 10k...but surely I can use it to make more? Or is that too much of a risky venture for someone with little to no experience in finance?

Selling my stuff is good but nobody wants it at a fair price, they just lowball to oblivion. I thought of using this money to do stuff with little brother since my parents never have time for him and doesn't have a lot of friends.

The other option is going to university (almost free where I live) and go in entrepreneurship or maketing>>2000772
>>
>>2000779
Almost. It's not volunteering but I make almost nothing and it's a unofficial requirement to be hired in a full time department. One of the reason I chose firefighting is the flexibility of the schedule so I can do something else/plan B if it's not looking good
>>
Also, how do you guys balance hobbies and finance? I mean, I can be a literal jew and not spend money on anything but then you become a boring fuck with no life experiences. For example, I love guns and racing but it's expensive. I love rock climbing but after a few sessions, it gets expensive. Take some classes about cooking or programming, money spent. See the pattern?
>>
>>2000882
This deserves an own thread. I'd like to know too.
>>
>>2000882
>Also, how do you guys balance hobbies and finance? I mean, I can be a literal jew and not spend money on anything but then you become a boring fuck with no life experiences. For example, I love guns and racing but it's expensive. I love rock climbing but after a few sessions, it gets expensive. Take some classes about cooking or programming, money spent. See the pattern?
>>2000882
Why would you spend money on programming classes. Nigger theres endless tutorials that are free online.
>>
>>2000882
Teach yourself things. Card tricks, cooking, programming, an instrument, another language, whatever.
>>
>>2000743
I can see where you get your IQ from.
>>
What about advertisement on your car? I heard about that that companies pay you and in exchange, they get to put advertisement on your car. Any experience with that? How much can you expect to make?
>>
>>2000882
Metal detecting.

Fun, cheap and could strike it rich.
>>
Do you have any written agreement or such with your parents?

If they did it out of kindness then you owe them squat. On the other hand, you shouldn't be doing stuff that doesn't make you any money. Go and make a living.
>>
>>2003097
No I don't, it's just by moral obligation. At the same time, I'll make money for myself too but this is the main motivation
>>
>>2000882
>>2001616
You're asking the wrong question in the first place. You don't 'balance' experiences and money, you balance your money. Everything you can think of, poor people do it all the time. Travel, rock climbing, wind surfing, fuck, they just figure out ways to fund themselves or a low cost way of doing it. If you want an 'easy' experience that's where the money comes in, and now you get to act like you actually deserved the accomplishment of pushing your limits while that sherpa getting paid pennies saves your life for the eighth time pulling you up a mountain he fucking lives on for free.
>>
>>2003126
Sounds like you don't don't even know what you're capable of. I'd ask around the firehouse and your family what they want you to help with, at the very least it'll give you a way to not feel like you're dragging them down.
There's no easy solution to money, besides get another job and save, and you wouldn't be asking if you could do that.
'passive' income is a skill all it's own. If you're able to make 'passive' income you're already in a different class of worker.
>>
>>2003634
That's a good suggestion. I'll ask around what I can do to help. I am just asking what would be the different sources of passive income, these are the ones I can think of

>stock market, finance
>website
>youtube channel
>own a triplex or more and rent it
>advertisement stickers on your car

What else? I am just evaluating my options
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.