[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retirement fee for 401k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: retirement.jpg (491KB, 1140x655px) Image search: [Google]
retirement.jpg
491KB, 1140x655px
So what is a reasonable % for retirement fee's. I've heard anywhere from >1% to a max of 2% but how does that compound over the years? I want to know if my fee's in my company's 401K plan are screwing me over.
>>
>>2000263
>So what is a reasonable % for retirement fee's. I've heard anywhere from >1% to a max of 2% but how does that compound over the years?
Who says that is reasonable? The plan administrator? <0.25% is reasonable. But not likely in a 401k though.

>I want to know if my fee's in my company's 401K plan are screwing me over.
Of course they are. Why do you even have to ask?
>>
>>2000263
Fee?

What fee?
I have no fee for my 401k...I put the money in, my company matches up to a point.
Find a company with no fees like mine I guess. We're a massive company and employee-owned so no shareholders or any of that crap.
>>
File: 1487425083303.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487425083303.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>2000297
Because I wonder if after my employer pays into the 401k if it makes sense to keep contributing or if the math with the fee's over the long run means I'll be taking greater hit and my money could be doing better else where.
>>
>>2000317
Here's what you do. You figure out how much money you are putting away just for retirement first of all. Then you put in 401k up to company full matching. Then you put into a Roth IRA, then you put the rest back into the company 401k.
>>
>>2000328
>Then you put into a Roth IRA, then you put the rest back into the company 401k.
Why would you put back into the 401k after your start feeding the Roth IRA?
>>
>>2000263
What kind of shitty companies do you people work for? All my retirement funds are in VIIIX with a 0.02% expense ratio.
>>
>>2000564
What service do you use? Right now I'm with Principal and apparently they charge .9% on my 401(k)
>>
>>2000715
Vanguard
>>
>>2000739
What's the minimum?
>>
>>2000753
STAR fund and maybe some others are $1k.

Target date funds and other non-admiral class shit is $3k.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.