[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Investment Idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: portfolio2.jpg (55KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
portfolio2.jpg
55KB, 600x400px
I have an idea for how to invest in altcoins, looking for /biz/ advice.

>take 80% of my savings and put them into crypto allocated in the following way
>take all altcoins (except for ETH, XRP, LTC)
>remove all memecoins/shitcoins/PumpNDumps
>with remaining coins allocate my savings proportional to their market capitalisation share

My thinking is that if a few of them moon, it will offset losses of the rest.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1999404
>take 80% of my savings and put them into crypto
A suicide mission. Ok I like it. This will lose you more money than it gains you for at least the first 2 years.
>take all altoins except the ones with the highest potential for stable earnings
Ok following so far. No good investments allowed. Ok.
>remove all memecoins
Oh you mean you have access to the secret list of which ones are and aren't memecoins too? Ok awesome I thought I was the only one.
>with remaining coins
So none.
>Allocate my savings proportional to their market capitalisation share
100% times 0 is 0.
Savings accounts have terrible APYs, you should consider investing some of that money, perhaps into cryptocurrencies. Some of them are great and will bring you nice returns.
>>
>>1999422
BTC, ETH are clearly in bubbles right now. I'm not saying they wont surpass current values in future, but a correction is definitely due. If you don't think we're in a bubble then just look at the fucking GNOSIS ICO as well as other recent ICO's. People think cryptos are an easy way to 10x your money and are pouring money in. As soon as confidence takes a hit, a massive correction is due.
>>
>>1999447
Here's a better idea.

Take a reasonably large amount of your savings and call it your "investment portfolio money." Now take a pretty small percentage of that investment money and dedicate it to crypto. Now, go on Poloniex or Bittrex and look for all the coins which are in accumulation stages. Not much activity, not too much volatility. Has it had a high peak before but seems to be rather dull now? Perfect, maybe it will go back to that peak some day. Now be prepared to lose all this money. Take half of it and set it to sell at 2x the price you buy in at. Set the next quarter to sell at 3x the price. The next 8th to sell at 4x the price and the last 8th to sell at 5x the price. Do this for all the coins you just bought.

Now take a look at ETH and BTC. Stare at your computer for a few hours and time a small dip. Buy into it and stare some more while you wait for a correction so that the lower bollinger band is above where you bought in. Now set your stop loss to be just above where you bought in. Congrats, you've now locked in your profits in a bubble. If it's really a bubble, you've locked in some profits. Every time you return to check on it, you move the stop loss higher if the price went up or buy in a new dip if your stop loss triggered. No matter what, you have profited. Or simply come back in 3 months to find only a small profit if it's a bubble but a big profit from your diversified gains above. Or an even bigger profit if it really wasn't a bubble. Either way if you timed the dip right you'll be fine. Just hope that your diversified coins did better on average.

Similar to your plan but 80% of your savings is a terrible idea.
>>
>>1999474
Ok anon, thanks for taking the time to give me some solid advice. I genuinely appreciate it.
>>
>>1999490
Good luck.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.