[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel gaming chair idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

So...
I was sitting at my mom's house (visiting), and trying to figure out where I can sit with my laptop.
No fuckin chairs around the house, but plenty of places to set my laptop down and work.

I was trying to think of a gaming style chair that could pack up into a suitcase like configuration and be transportable on bus/plane.
Something weighing 50 lbs. or less, but can support up to 250 lbs.
My thought for a design is that it would look much like the gaming chairs on the market now.
Except... all that wasted space underneath the chair for a huge seat cushion could be use for a molded out area for the wheels and hydraulic shaft to collapse into, with a backrest that folds down, or extends and retracts as well.
This would require a new type of two or three stage hydraulic system to collapse to the desired length within the storage area for it.
That... And you could put a retractable handle on one end, and wheels on the other so it could be toted around like a suit case.
The armrests could come out of the seat section, or the backrest.
Also, some system to secure the three sections of the chair (base/wheels, seat, and back rest) together during transport.
The chair wouldn't be massive, or the best one around... But it would be portable, and usable anywhere.

Could this product be manufactured and sold for less than 400$ US?
I have the designs in my head, but I suck ass at drawing, and I'm not an engineer.

Anyone able to draw up plans for this and make a proto-type, go for it.
I'd rather see it on the market from someone else, than for me to just forget about this design and hope someone else comes up with it.

Good luck to who ever, if anyone, takes this on.
>>
File: chair.jpg (153KB, 1276x1500px) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
153KB, 1276x1500px
Maybe I'm cheap but a camping chair for travel and much nicer chair that stays home seems like a much better option.
>>
>>1999089
>molded out area for the wheels and hydraulic shaft to collapse into.

I cant visualise this part from your explanation, please explain further.
>>
>>1999089
>Current Year + 2
>falling for the ergonomic Jew

WEW LAD
>>
>>1999119
It would be like a 12 inch area that the cushion sits on top of.
Just picture the bottom of a office chair being smooshed into the bottom of the seat like pushing your fist into a cake and pulling it out.
The resulting hole would be where your fist goes into.
Likewise, you could mold out an area where the hydraulic shaft and asterisk shaped wheel base goes into for storage.
It would require a design that has a folding/collapsible hydraulic shaft.

Like... Just picture the shaft and wheels being pushed up into the cushion area.
The problem is the hydraulic shaft.
It all need to be able to collapse into the cushion for storage and transport.

>>1999135
>the jew
Oh wow... never seen the jews blamed for anything before.
Guess I got btfo. kys
>>
>>1999119
12 inches in height I meant.
12 inches should be sufficient area to create a storage area for the armrests, wheel base and hydraulic shaft, and the carrying handle for transport like a suit case.
>>
File: 1722087.jpg (28KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1722087.jpg
28KB, 350x350px
>>1999144

I think the cushions would make the travel chair too unwieldy for travel. at that point might as well bring the chair.

instead why not something in the format of this. where it's shaped with all the shit you want of a game chair but this instead of cushions.
>>
>>1999115
Yeah... You could also just get one of those card table folding chairs too, if you're going cheap.
This idea was more for the people with jobs, who don't mind paying a little extra for convenience and comfort on the go.
>>
>>1999183
Yeah, once you add in the seat and backrest cushions it could possibly be unwieldy.
But, that's a problem for designers and engineers to solve.
The materials and dimensions will largely determine how heavy and large the chair is.
Wish I knew how to draw, then I could just show you the design.
The cushion and backrest don't need to be super ergonomic and large like the dx racer series.
Could even just go with a mid-back chair.
The materials and design just need to be able to support the weight of 250 lbs. or less, and for at least 5 years.
Think of the dx racer king series, but with all of the garbage cut off of it for looks and ergonomics, make the backrest a midback, and create a storage area under the cushion for the wheel base and hydraulic shaft.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>1999089
Who is the market for this product?

>I'm going to visit my mom/grandma/family for a few days.
>"Oh god what if they have absolutely NO CHAIRS in their house?? Fuckkk"
>Better lug my $400 50lb collapsable gaming chair with me, along with my heavy suitcases etc., even though the airline might charge me $75 for an extra checked in bag.
>It will all be worth it so I can sit down for a few hours.

Most places you visit will have fucking chairs, and in cases where they don't have chairs, it will be a surprise to you so you can't really plan ahead to bring your own chair, unless you call ahead and ask "D-do you have chairs?" at which point you will likely get uninvited anyway.
>>
>>1999336
GOLD
>>
>>1999336
>Who is the market for this product?
kim dotcom
>>
>>1999336
BYOC lan partys would be a market too.
I just read that most of the time the chairs are terrible so it could be the player who brings it or the host provides a few.
>>
>>1999336
>Who is the market for this product?

Pampered pussies with too much money
>>
>>1999089
FUCK OFF MOM IM A
G A M E R
A
M
E
R
>>
>>1999377
>can support up to 250lbs
>kim dotcom
nah
>>
>>1999336
LAN people obv
>>
>>1999428
Most standard office chairs support up to 250 lbs.
Just thought it was kind of an industry standard, and a good place to start.

>>1999336
>>1999403
>git guuder hurrhurr
Kys, faggots.
A portable gaming chair has many applications aside from LAN parties and mom's house.
Those kids that go to LoL tournaments bring their own mouse and keyboard.
Why not also create a line of chairs they can bring as well?
That's easily a viable market for this product.
Do I have to come up with the design and market strategy?
No wonder you broke fucks can't afford a $400 chair.
Apply a little logic and critical thinking to this idea.
I'm sure even the dumbest among you could figure out who to market it to, and why.
It's almost like you want everything done for you or something.
>>
>>1999459
>they already bring their own mouse and keyboard
Those don't weigh 50lbs. Unless you are driving to the lan event, taking an extra 50lb case with you, along with your gaming rig etc., seems like a big hassle. How bad are the chairs at these events? They'd have to be awful for people to want to bring their own.
>>
>>1999487
50 pounds is the maximum weight, not the required weight.
With the right materials and design you could produce a chair weighing around 20 pounds or less.
You could even put straps on the back of the backrest section (assuming it folds down), that could be used as a backpack.
Leaving your hands free for other things.
Another way to solve that issue would be to design and manufacture some kind of dolly or hand truck system design to carry the chair and a complete gaming setup with single monitor.
Sell it seperately.
Besides... If someone shows up with a rig and nothing else on foot...
I'd be a bit surprised. Don't know what kind of scenario that is.
The logistics for transporting a full rig setup are a bit outside the scope of a travel gaming chair.
But... Feel free to speculate I guess.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.