[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

career help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: can-stock-photo_csp9126779.jpg (17KB, 450x405px) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp9126779.jpg
17KB, 450x405px
I really want to into a high paying job but I don't know what to go to school for, and what careers are worth pursuing.

>zero debt
>no connections
>smart I guess

If we pretend my goal is to have a 6 figure salary in around 8 - 10 years from now (or sooner) , what would you go to school for and what career / industry avenues would you pursue?
>>
File: 1492558997657.png (45KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492558997657.png
45KB, 900x900px
>>1997286
bump fuck your coin threads
>>
>>1997286
There's a new invention called "www.Google.com." It's a search engine where you can search for career advice.
>>
>>1997322 (checked)
been googling with no luck.

I want to be one of those business fucks that have a nice salary but I don't have an idea of what business degrees to go for that are in demand / useful / waste of time.
>>
File: gorfeld.png (39KB, 204x196px) Image search: [Google]
gorfeld.png
39KB, 204x196px
>>1997327
I don't mean to sound like a douche, this board seems to think that 6 fig. salaries are easily achievable I would just like some recommendations
>>
6 figures is easy, it's just everyone doesn't want to tell you
>>
>>1997339
what are you good at and what do you enjoy doing?
>>
>>1997362
good at
>math
>people skills
>adapting

enjoy doing
>working for myself
>working indoors / outdoors

have no coding skills whatsoever, this sounds like I'm NEET but I'm not I just finished hs and have been wagecucking for a year
>>
last bump
>>
>>1997376
look into "data scientist". git good with excel, sql and databases. easy job, paid high
>>
Finance is a good base to start with if you enjoy analytics and modeling. Plenty of routes to take to ensure 6 figures 4-6 years after college. Some examples would be Asset Management, or Investment Banking (If you don't mind giving up some of your social life).
>>
Coming from a recent grad the easiest way to make 6 figures is simply majoring in a respected field of business, and knowing powerful people. Having a strong network is better than any resume or stupid online application. The more high up/established people you know, the easier it will be to get a high paying job. You basically bypass the entire interview process.
>>
>>1997931
thanks for the advice, would a computer science, statistics or an applied maths degree be required?

>>1998405
>>1998425
Asset Management and Investment Banking seem up my alley. I don't have connections with powerful people but I assume those form while I am going to school?
>>
>>1997286
Go to trade school for welding, get a scuba licence, become an underwater welder and 200k in your first year
>>
>>1998822
I don't want to die or seriously disfigure myself
>>
Is studying international business managment a good option? I have quite a lot of connections and a lot of experience in internships (18 about to be applying to university)
>>
>>1998865
>internships
when I see this shit on a CV I pull out my paperclips and get a jewy smile
>>
>>1999750
how about contributing to the thread instead of larping
>>
If you're in the states look at the railroad. If you're a conductor or and engineer its a 6 figure job either way. You don't need to go to school they train you on the job. Great benefits. Bnsf has a 401k with vanguard because they're all warren buffet owned and he likes to keep it in the family. Plus the insurance etc is great.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.